TED v2 Programming Notes

Started by elmer, 11/15/2015, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmer

Quote from: Keith Courage on 12/19/2017, 11:49 PMit happens just passed the cutscenes as the adPCM audio starts to play and the main character gets out of bed.
Thanks!

The problem actually happens MUCH earlier in the game's boot process when it looks like the game is doing some half-assed check for some kind of Hudson development kit, and then it enables some debugging code.

Having the System Card image in the TED v2's RAM triggers a nasty bug in that code which blows up the game when the ADPCM plays.

I've got a simple one-byte patch to the CD game to make it work ... but it'll take a bit longer
(if ever) to figure out how to safely auto-patch the game itself from my TED-patched System Card image.

Keith Courage

No worries, it's just cool that you were able to make this patch in the first place. It just makes things so convenient. Not to mention being able to use it in place of a super system card for both pc engine/TG16 systems as well.

I am also glad to find out my TE is fine because the entire time I was testing this game I was worried my everdrive was buggy.

Gredler

Just wanted to pop in and say wow this thread is amazing - I downloaded the HuC and got it building my code. Gredler has said hello to the world, thanks dude!! I really appreciate the concise location for everything! Maybe a new thread title would help dullards like me remember where the download links are :) When I see Ted V2 Programming notes I thought it was related specifically to the work you did on that subject, but didn't think to look here for the HuC updates - and the Mednafan mod! I just downloaded that and will be trying it on my next build :)

Thanks again sir!

touko

Hi elmer, can you update your mednafen version ?,because there is a bug with the SGX window in the old versions .
It's corrected since the 0.9.41 .
Thanks in advance ;-)