@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Arcade Card Duo on regular PCE

Started by waiwainl, 01/08/2018, 03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waiwainl

In my enthusiastic mood I purchased GINGA FUKEI DENSETSU SAPPHIRE, only to notice, once it arrived, it is an ArcadeCD, while only having a System HuCard v3 :roll:

Brilliant guy I am, I quickly go in search of an Arcade Duo card, which I found and it arrived safely  [-o<
..only to find out my IFU/CDROM2 setup requires a Arcade PRO  #-o

My question is; what should I see when I insert the Arcade Duo in my white PCE?
Currently I see a completely white screen; which I find odd, should it not show at least something?

Trying to determine whether it is a non functioning HuCard I received.
Does anybody know what should show up inserting an Arcade Duo into a non-Duo PCE?

CrackTiger

The Arcade Card Duo is memory only and has no rom to run. So you should see a solid color only at best. It adds the remaining memory to what a Duo has built-in.

Both Arcade Cards function using the same rom as the Super CD System card. So when used correctly you will have the same system card screen and menus.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

waiwainl

If the Arcade Duo only contains more memory and no rom, than there is nothing to execute.
Understood, thank you! 

PS: Anybody interested in an Arcade Duo (incl. Jewel + card)  :wink:

Sarumaru

Quote from: waiwainl on 01/08/2018, 04:56 PMIf the Arcade Duo only contains more memory and no rom, than there is nothing to execute.
Understood, thank you! 

I'll give you an andrew jackson fer it

Gredler

Quote from: Đ…arumaru on 01/08/2018, 07:15 PM
Quote from: waiwainl on 01/08/2018, 04:56 PMIf the Arcade Duo only contains more memory and no rom, than there is nothing to execute.
Understood, thank you! 

I'll give you an andrew jackson fer it
IMG

ClodBusted

Quote from: waiwainl on 01/08/2018, 03:29 PMIn my enthusiastic mood I purchased GINGA FUKEI DENSETSU SAPPHIRE
Out of curiosity, is it an original disc?

*dun dun duuun*

waiwainl

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2018, 04:04 AMOut of curiosity, is it an original disc?
Nope, is an elaborate reprint.

seieienbu

In case you're wondering, the opposite circumstance, an Arcade Card Pro used in a Duo or a Super CD Rom?  That works fine.  I'm told that rather than using the Duo's built in Super System memory  it will use the  Arcade Card's.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

CrackTiger

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/09/2018, 12:52 PMIn case you're wondering, the opposite circumstance, an Arcade Card Pro used in a Duo or a Super CD Rom?  That works fine.  I'm told that rather than using the Duo's built in Super System memory  it will use the  Arcade Card's.
It may very well still use the Duo/SCD/LD2 PAC memory in the same way/order, but ACD software is only ever going to fill <18megs.

It's likely running the system card rom on the HuCard to boot up instead, same as if you used a Super CD sysyem card on a Duo type setup.

Arcade Card PRO should still be using the IFU half meg memory, otherwise it would be needlesdly more expensive. The IFU and Super CD memory is supposed to be super fast and the additional Arcade Card memory much slower.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!