Happy 2018 New Years Street Fighter II Contest!

Started by johnnykonami, 01/07/2018, 05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnykonami

New rules!!!

So just to give this a kick in the pants, I'm instituting a deadline of 2/10/18 (That's two Saturdays from now, I'll take every entry up until midnight if it's an issue).

The new deal is that even if only one proper entry is received, they will become the de facto winner.  That means that anyone entering anything even moderately resembling a fighting game winning quote will get it.  (You must meet the other requirements below, also).  If I get more than one, I'll proceed normally with a poll.  If no one enters by the above date, then I'll shelve the contest for another time.  So if you want it, if you're the only entrant, you win!  (For the record, as I am posting this there are no valid entries)

-----

Hey guys (and gals),

I had the good fortune to win a raffle for Street Fighter II some time back from xcrement5x.  I've had my time with it and I'd like to pass on it to the next challenger.  It's a loosie, but plays great even without the box!

IMG

Rules:
1.) Be a member in good standing here at PCEFX. (Post more than I do lately, for example.)  Have at least 200 posts where you were participating in conversations and not just buying and selling.
2.) Keep in the family, no running off to Ebay.  Raffle it again for someone else here when you part ways with it.
3.) OK, so it's not really a raffle.  I want all participants to come up with their funniest winning quote i.e. "Go home and be a family man."  When we have enough entrants, I am going to post a poll in this thread and PCEFX will decide which is the funniest one.  If there's a tie I'll break it with a randomizer.
4.) Shipping is on me for USA and Canada entrants.  Other countries, you cover shipping.
5.) Go!

johnnykonami

turboswimbz

Nice!  awesome thanks for the raffler.  Don't include me as I have a loosie as well.   Much turbo karma to you.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Purple1308

Sounds like a fun raffle but I just joined today.

Gypsy

I actually gave away my last copy to that dude that had his stuff stolen. So sure I will enter this raffle.

Purple1308

Well I liked to join this raffle and add this game to my collection

roflmao

Don't include me, but +1 TurboKarma to you!

johnnykonami

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/07/2018, 09:23 PMI actually gave away my last copy to that dude that had his stuff stolen. So sure I will enter this raffle.
Absolutely!  Re-read the green text though, I renamed the OP to say "contest" to hopefully be more clear.  Wanted to have a little a more fun with it than picking a winner at random!

OldMan

QuoteI want all participants to come up with their funniest winning quote
Not an Entry, but everytime I see that now, I think

"No! I get player 1. You had player 1 last time!"

Purple1308

Well im going to hadouken my way up to winning this game since I finally read the instructions to this raffle

johnnykonami

No more interest in this?  Is the contest too much?

Gypsy

Quote from: johnnykonami on 01/15/2018, 04:10 PMNo more interest in this?  Is the contest too much?
I'm just not clever enough. XD

exodus

It's a great contest! I think maybe too many of us have it? maybe leave it out there a little longer for those stragglers!

esteban

Quote from: exodus on 01/16/2018, 03:05 PMIt's a great contest! I think maybe too many of us have it? maybe leave it out there a little longer for those stragglers!
Yeah, I think this must be it...

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

cr8zykuban0

Awesome raffle. I have this but good luck to all who enter since this is a must have for any pc engine collection

Ergot_Cholera

IMG
Here is my copy. It broke so I had a look inside.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Purple1308

Quote from: johnnykonami on 01/15/2018, 04:10 PMNo more interest in this?  Is the contest too much?
Nope my phone broke so i wasnt able to get on

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/18/2018, 01:59 PMIMG
Hey!

If you don't want that sad empty husk, I'll gladly take it and use it for a creative project...

Ergot_Cholera

Quote from: esteban on 01/20/2018, 07:26 PM
Hey!

If you don't want that sad empty husk, I'll gladly take it and use it for a creative project...

You can have it if you cover postage. I'm in the UK btw.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/21/2018, 01:50 PM
Hey!

You can have it if you cover postage. I'm in the UK btw.
Yeah, I'll pay postage to States.

NO PCE IN LANDFILL.

johnnykonami

Purple1308

Quote from: johnnykonami on 01/27/2018, 09:33 PMUpdated the OP with a deadline!
Funny to think this was the first thing i saw when i joined this community so it sorta said to see it end but hey that health bar must go down somehow either with a haduken or a time out.

esteban

Ha! There are a bunch of new folks here who should totally want this game!

ENTER NOW!

Also: ergot is sending me his dissected HuCARD! It will be starring in an upcoming project.

seieienbu

Quote from: esteban on 01/28/2018, 08:49 AMHa! There are a bunch of new folks here who should totally want this game!

ENTER NOW!

Also: ergot is sending me his dissected HuCARD! It will be starring in an upcoming project.
Yeah, this is a fantastic game and if you don't own it you should.

With that said, what's the project???
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Purple1308

Quote from: Ergot_Cholera on 01/18/2018, 01:59 PMIMG
Hey!

What type of project is going to be a cleaning kit?

Ergot_Cholera

Quote from: Purple1308 on 02/05/2018, 06:51 PM
Hey!

It is adhesive residue.

Purple1308

Quote from: Ergot_Cholera on 02/07/2018, 03:30 PM
Quote from: Purple1308 on 02/05/2018, 06:51 PM
Hey!

It is adhesive residue.
Cool

VmprHntrD

Quote from: esteban on 01/28/2018, 08:49 AMHa! There are a bunch of new folks here who should totally want this game!

ENTER NOW!

I know I would, but I don't have 200 posts yet.  I just don't see the point in rambling everywhere repeatedly in a hurry to get a number bigger by the second.  I've only experienced this game using Magic Engine back in the 90s and it was truly what appeared to be a fantastic conversion really on a quality level that smoked the Genesis and had some solid effort at parity with the SNES release.

Purple1308

johnnykonami

Quote from: Purple1308 on 02/14/2018, 06:51 PMDid you ever find a vaild entry
Doesn't look like any ever surfaced.  I guess I'll hold onto it for another raffle sometime in the future.

Sorry for the late wrap-up on this guys, this week was kinda busy for me.

Purple1308

Quote from: johnnykonami on 02/18/2018, 10:02 AM
Quote from: Purple1308 on 02/14/2018, 06:51 PMDid you ever find a vaild entry
Doesn't look like any ever surfaced.  I guess I'll hold onto it for another raffle sometime in the future.

Sorry for the late wrap-up on this guys, this week was kinda busy for me.
Cool