@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Found dirty TG 16 in an abandon barn

Started by Asmikace, 04/01/2018, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmikace

Hello everyone, I am still busy trying to get this clean and running but I wanted to show my pickup from last week. I was doing project on a abandon farm property and saved this nasty TG 16 from a barn full of garbage along with a NES MAX controller. While most people would ignore it, I couldn't pass up rescuing a TG16 especially how rare and pricey they are. Too bad no other games were there but I did the controller underneath cardboard the day after.

I want to show off the finish product but its still a work in progress. It turns on and plays with intact music and gameplay but 60% of the graphics are garbled.  I need to get a hotter solder iron to open the metal shielding to clean the circuit board and the card slot as this is a extremely dirty TG16. At least I got the controller all good especially with dealing with the rusted stripped screws.

Wish me luck with this project!

Asmikace

/29352113_10208807368939979_7963045739325671310_o.jpg

TheClash603

I found a commodore 64 in a barn that looked like this.  I tried to clean it and no matter what I did it was disgusting.  There was also a NES ROB in the same barn and it is disgusting but I held on to it cause I liked it.

I wish you luck.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gredler

Gamers condition, near mint, rar3!!

PukeSter

NecroPhile

Good luck with 'er!  I hope you can save this poor forgotten Turbob.  [-o<
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

exodus

good luck! the turbo is a powerhouse, I'm sure it'll clean up nice!

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

ClodBusted

I just discovered a pile of gold bars in a barn. They were so disgusting and dusty, I rather decided to leave them there for good.

geise

Clean it and bring it back to life. It is a great system and we have good peeps here that might be able to help on the tech side of things aren't working right when / if you get it clean. Might not have said this before but welcome to the forums.
EDIT: lol I am over a year late on that. 2016 registration date.

seieienbu

I'm hoping to eventually see a before and after thread for this li'l guy.  God speed!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Freeway2

What would cause garbled graphics. That seems to be the trouble with this one.
"If I took this cigarette and put it out on you would you love me"

Psycho Punch

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2018, 01:32 AMI just discovered a pile of gold bars in a barn. They were so disgusting and dusty, I rather decided to leave them there for good.
TG16 with keith courage = gold?

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2018, 01:32 AMI just discovered a rectangular tin can going through a huge wet cardboard box, which had an expired japanese war bond certificate inside. They were so disgusting and dusty, I rather decided to leave them there for good.
Fixed!
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

ClodBusted

OldRover

Given the date of this post, I'm wondering if this is a joke... kinda hope it is (because a TG in this shape is BLASPHEMY) but kinda hope it isn't (because hey, rescued TG). :lol:
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

xcrement5x

Damn, looks like chicken shit all over it.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Asmikace

Sorry about the late post, I cleaned the system very nice, inside and out, and the controller, thought the screws were rusted and one stripped that I had to drill out. Problem now is I have a garbled graphics and not sure if its a chip issue or RF output but I think is the chip issue. I have to leave for a project tomorrow its going to be shelved for awhile.

Asmikace

Here is an example with one of my favorite games
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Asmikace on 04/01/2018, 09:12 PM/29352113_10208807368939979_7963045739325671310_o.jpg
Wow! That is a crime! What was it put through to wind up like that I wonder ?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Asmikace on 04/13/2018, 08:30 AMSorry about the late post, I cleaned the system very nice, inside and out, and the controller, thought the screws were rusted and one stripped that I had to drill out. Problem now is I have a garbled graphics and not sure if its a chip issue or RF output but I think is the chip issue. I have to leave for a project tomorrow its going to be shelved for awhile.
Maybe a pin issue on the huey slot?  I'd check 'em close for corrosion or maybe a bent pin.  Good luck, man.

If all else fails, get in touch with thesteve.  He can fix anything.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

Quote from: Asmikace on 04/13/2018, 08:35 AMHere is an example with one of my favorite games
Oh, you were the reason I got an email about the image attachment limit being reached.

IMG

This is exactly how my TG-16 broke down which I threw in the garbage as a result since I upgraded to the $99 Turbo Duo deal...

I had won it in a NES question contest by Data East which included a copy of Keith Courage and Bloody Wolf. I got some great mileage out of it before it broke at least since there were TG-16 rentals in a suburb near Chicago.

Well, you can talk to thesteve about possibly fixing that. That's your best bet if he's available.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG