10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Biggest find ever

Started by DesmondThe3rd, 11/13/2018, 01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesmondThe3rd

It was pricey but being a crazy Turbografx-16 nut I couldn't resist getting several Turbo upgrades at a trade show recently including one huge title.

exodus

you've got a 30 minute video there fella - maybe just tell us what you found?

NightWolve

Oh, you're Ryan Genno ? I didn't know you had an account here! Good to have ya dood!

Video: I skipped to the end, he replaced his TG-16 Space Harrier with better copy...and he blew $8500 (according to price sticker) on...a sealed Magical Chase...

:bonkthis: :boom: :bonkthis: :boom: :bonkthis: :boom: :bonkthis:

Congrats I think ???? ;)

Go big or go home I guess ???

P. S. I can beat your Super Star Soldier record any time, by the way! :P

tbone3969

That's a great price for that game.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

NightWolve

Quote from: tbone3969 on 11/13/2018, 02:14 PMThat's a great price for that game.
But what about all the children in Africa he could've fed instead with $8,500 ???? ;)

tbone3969

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/13/2018, 02:24 PM
Quote from: tbone3969 on 11/13/2018, 02:14 PMThat's a great price for that game.
But what about all the children in Africa he could've fed instead with $8,500 ???? ;)
True
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

majors

Yeah, I didn't bother to finish the vid either. Glad the OP is happy, but it's not my cup of tea.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Keith Courage

This dudes videos are great! Just because of the insane amount of love he has for the system. I pretty much enjoy watching any vid made by someone who is just super enthusiastic about the Turbo. Doesn't matter if it's collection related or not.

Green Beret

He does have insane amount of love for the system. I subscribed

NightWolve

Did we scare Ryan off ?? This was the first time he posted in 2 years, then went back to lurker mode again... :(

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/20/2018, 10:12 PMDid we scare Ryan off ?? This was the first time he posted in 2 years, then went back to lurker mode again... :(
Still here.

JoeQuaker

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/20/2018, 10:12 PMDid we scare Ryan off ?? This was the first time he posted in 2 years, then went back to lurker mode again... :(
I just assumed he was busy playing Turbo Grafx lol

Yeah if he's got the money then whatever. I wouldn't be much better about it if I had 8000$ to spare. About half of it would instantly burn a hole in my pocket at the next arcade auction if there was a nice Funhouse pinball machine up for grabs haha.
Mir ist kalt, so kalt...