10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Repair people in the US

Started by cho_aniki, 05/02/2024, 10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cho_aniki

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on the forums for quite a long time.

One of my Turbo Duo's has a faulty CD drive which I am so far struggling to fix.

Are there any reliable people on the forums that offer a repair service ?

If I don't come right, I am thinking of taking the console with me on a trip to the US and sending it in for repairs, assuming such a service is available (I am based in South Africa).

Any information in this regard would be appreciated.

NightWolve

Hi Ben, wow, you go way back to the early years of PCEFX in 2006! I thought you were a new registration for a minute there. Welcome back then, yeah, this is a rebooted PCEFX forum with some upgrades here and there. Thousands of images that were watermarked or lost are now recovered /cached /protected which has been my primary focus hence why the theme is still ugly/unfinished. Images are lost every other month until action is taken so that's more important.

Alright, so @Keith Courage (Chris Computers) from Indiana is active and recently visited. Just PM him or reach him with the Facebook link like I do. You literally just missed him when I asked for tech help for @elartur77's problem, he's you're best bet!

The others I know are retired and the rest are in Canada (Jodi Whetham @ Turbo Reproductions) so shipping costs are higher.

cho_aniki

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/02/2024, 02:36 PMHi Ben, wow, you go way back to the early years of PCEFX in 2006! I thought you were a new registration for a minute there. Welcome back then, yeah, this is a rebooted PCEFX forum with some upgrades here and there. Thousands of images that were watermarked or lost are now recovered /cached /protected which has been my primary focus hence why the theme is still ugly/unfinished. Images are lost every other month until action is taken so that's more important.

Alright, so @Keith Courage (Chris Computers) from Indiana is active and recently visited. Just PM him or reach him with the Facebook link like I do. You literally just missed him when I asked for tech help for @elartur77's problem, he's you're best bet!

The others I know are retired and the rest are in Canada (Jodi Whetham @ Turbo Reproductions) so shipping costs are higher.
Thanks so much for the advice. I will try contacting Keith Courage if I don't come right in the next day or so.

Yes, I was a member back in the early days, and used to spend a lot of time on the site.

Great to hear from you NightWolve, and good to be back.