RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccovell

M1Savage

Probably giving too much away on this one but -

m1sz1.com/pics/shot.png

ParanoiaDragon

Hmm, is that Bakushou Yoshimoto No Shinkigeki aka Yoshimoto Comedy?
IMG

M1Savage

Nope.

First hint: It's a HuCard game.

How's that for narrowing it down.  :mrgreen:

Keranu

Wow, I thought for sure that the screenshot was from some CD game I've seen pics for. I really can't think of what HuCard game that is and it seems like I should know. I'm gonna guess Tricky Kick.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

ccovell

Hmm... Super Momotarou Dentetsu I or II?

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

_Paul

M1Savage

Nope X4.

Hint #2: It has something in common with Gomola Speed.
Hint #3: The game has knights and kings in it.

Now I bet someone will get it.

CrackTiger

Mahjong Haoden Kaiser's Quest?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

M1Savage

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! Tell him what he's won Johnny.....

=D>

CrackTiger

Although I'd never get this one, there are a few people around here who will probably recognize it right away-

IMG

awack

CrackTiger

awack

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

awack

No, but i can see why you would think that.

ccovell

Hmmmm, is this Fatal Fury Special?  :P

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Chuka Taisen aka Cloud Master?
IMG

awack

No one has guessed it yet.

CrackTiger

awack

QuoteKabuki Itouryoden?
nope

This hint is going to give it away but what the hell...there is an equestrian aspect to the game.

ccovell

Oh, God, it's not one of those stupid Keiba games, is it?

And if it's not....  Tenchi wo Kurau?

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

awack

ccovell got it, its tenchi wo kurau

IMG

Keranu

IMG

Turbo D

I know, its so detailed, like a pc game or something. That one of the reasons I love the pc engine so much; it was really powerful  8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

awack

Yeah, nec avenue did a good job on the backgrounds for this game.

ccovell

Okay, next one:

disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/MysteryK.gif

Tell me if these are getting too easy...

runinruder

Quote from: ccovell on 09/05/2007, 09:20 AMOkay, next one:

disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/MysteryK.gif

Tell me if these are getting too easy...
That's Energy.

Someone else can post the next one.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

ccovell

Yeah, it was too easy.   :|

_Paul

OK here goes.

/whatisitot2.jpg

guyjin

Keranu

Quote from: guyjin on 09/05/2007, 06:27 PMGoatse.cx: the video game?  :twisted:
HAHAHAHA!

My guess is Blazing Lazers/Gunhed.
IMG

spenoza

I wonder if that's from a Military Madness/Nectaris/Neo Nectaris map...

Only I don't remember the maps being that red/brown.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

_Paul

ccovell

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

_Paul

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Wow! That's a tough one.  :-k By the way, this is a really fun thread.  :wink:

Is that from Final Zone II? The colour just seems a little dark, but thought I take a shot.  :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Keranu

Final Soldier? Super Star Soldier? SOLDIER BLADE?
IMG

td741

Military Madness/Nectaris?

_Paul

Looks like you need something a little bigger:

/biggeroh1.jpg

Tablet

Cyber Core? Override? Psycho Chaser? Raiden? Tatsuijin?

Keranu

IMG