How do I play Battle Heat????

Started by SpaceCobra, 03/13/2003, 11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceCobra

Man, I've wanted this game forever.. now that I have it(yay!) I'm so confused :)

I got the majority of the buttons figured out, but I dunno how to block at all.. the computer has it down expertly, of course :)

So if someone could tell me that and maybe what the little bar of circles at the top and bottom of the screen are for, I'd appreciate it! (I assume they indicate when you are supposed to counter)

Oh yeah, Aaron - is your movelist complete?  Those can't be all of Shyu's moves.. he's my favorite character!

PCEngineFX

Hi SpaceCobra,

If I remember right, to block you have to keep watch at the two light bars (on top and bottom of the screen).  Those light bars tell you what kind of attack is being used by you and the other person.  If the top bar flashes, then it is a high attack and (I think) you press and hold UP to block the attack.  Same goes for the bottom bar.  There are special attacks which you might need to press a different direction for but it has been so long since I've played it.
:

As for the move list, I don't believe it is 100% complete...it was compiled by someone else.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

thefica

Hi There Space Cobra,
Have you got any further with working out the moves??
Like you, I have wanted this game for ages, and recently tracked down an FX with a copy of Battle Heat.

I'd love to know all the moves, but there are somethings I can't work out.

The circles at the top & Bottom can be green, yellow or red. You seem to be able to block if they are green or yellow but if the computer does a special move with red circles on the top & bottom you don't seem to be able to block or jump in the normal way, but the computer seems able to block my special attacks!!

Also, do you know how to attack an opponent while they are on the ground?? I just can't seem to figure that out.

Finally, I have seen the computer attack me, whilst getting up from being grounded, any ideas on how to do this??

I'd be most grateful to hear anything you have found out.
Thanks

Ben

devilman

Hey do you have a copy of battle heat cuz i want this fame so bad email me pls

PCEngineHell

What happened to the move list to this game,where has it gone,and has anyone thought about posting what each button does in all instances?

It would be seriously cool if everyone would dump their current knowledge into this thread. This is a pretty cool game,and Id love to know what everyone else playing has learned.

PCEngineHell

Found this:
CHARACTER     MOVE     EXECUTION     RANGE
All Characters    Low Fist    D+IV    Any
     Low Kick    D+III    Near
     Jump Kick    V, then hold D, press IV while in air    Near
     Down Attack    V, then hold D, press IV while in air    Any
     Quick Blast    L+III for Republic. R+III for Holy Order    Far
Kai (Republic)    Big Punch    UR+IV    Far
     Roundhouse Kick    UR+IV    Near
     Red Blast    L, DL, D, DR, R, VI    Far
     Ball of Red    D, DR, R, VI    Far
     Tornado Attack    Hold L, press R, VI    Far
     Flash Kick    D+VI (rapidly)    Near
     100 Hand Strike    VI (rapidly)    Far
     Shockwave    U+VI (rapidly)    Far
Yuki (Republic)    Throw    R, U, D, IV    Near
     Clothesline    D, L, R, VI    Near
     Fire Blast    L, DL, D, DR, R, VI    Far
Han (Republic)    Body Slam    UR+IV    Near
     Front Kick    UR+IV    Far
     Light Lariat    D, DR, R, VI    Far
     Fire Breath    L, DL, D, DR, R, VI    Far
     Earth Quake    Hold L, press R+VI    Far
     Wind Burst    D+VI (rapidly)    Near
     Lightning Shock    VI (rapidly)    Far
Grand-Gray (Republic)    Smoke Charge    UR+IV    Near
     Wild Mage    UR+IV    Far
     Phoenix    L, DL, D, DR, R, VI    Far
     Power Staff Strike    R, U, D, VI    Far
     Skull Strike    U, D, L, R, VI    Far
     Blue Bolt    Hold L, press R+VI    Near
     Big Energy Blast    Hold L, press R+VI    Far
     Grand Upheaval    VI (rapidly)    Far
Alamis (Holy Order)    Force Wave    D, DL, L, VI    Far
     Crimson Tide    R, DR, D, DL, L, VI    Far
     Hurricane    Hold R, press L+VI    Far
     Spinning Kick    D+VI (rapidly)    Near
     100 Feet Kick    VI (rapidly)    Far
     Jumping Force Kick    U+VI (rapidly)    Far
Cassiopeia (Holy Order)    Neck Kick    UL+IV    Near
     Uppercut Kick    UL+IV    Far
     Sonic Blast    U, UR, R, DR, D, DL, L, VI    Far
     Lightning Blast    R, DR, D, DL, L, VI    Far
     Multi-Image Strike    U, D, R, L, VI    Near
     Ice Wind    L, R, D, L, VI    Near
     Ice Tornado    D, R, L, VI    Far
     Pinwheel Flame    Hold D, press U+VI    Far
     Fire Wand    Hold R, press L+VI    Far
     Rising Skull    VI (rapidly)    Far
Shyu (Holy Order)    Suplex    L, D, U, IV    Near
     Tornado Attack    L, R, D, L, VI    Far
     Power Slate    U, D, R, L, VI    Far
     100 Hand Strike    VI (rapidly)    Near

/Amakusa666/BattleHeatlayout.jpg

Stuff looks to be missing,and not only this but someone really should post the basic game play concepts if they know it all,counters,blocking methods, etc..

nat

The only info I have is just what you already posted.

It took me a few tries before I was actually able to successfully pull off moves, but now that I can, it's pretty cool. Honestly, I haven't spent as much time with this game as all my other PC-FX games. Figuring out the timing is key in being successful, once you do that, the game opens right up.

It's definitely a unique game in the genre, and a fun one at that.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

PCEngineHell

I figured most of it out today and beat it. Last boss Terminator Von Dark was fucking cool to fight.

MissaFX

Quote from: nat on 01/27/2008, 04:54 PMThe only info I have is just what you already posted.

It took me a few tries before I was actually able to successfully pull off moves, but now that I can, it's pretty cool. Honestly, I haven't spent as much time with this game as all my other PC-FX games. Figuring out the timing is key in being successful, once you do that, the game opens right up.

It's definitely a unique game in the genre, and a fun one at that.
I usually just watch this game in CPU VS CPU mode, a feature I wish the other fighting game had.  Battle Heat seems by far easier though to me, the Far East of Eden game is brutal!
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

nat

Yeah I have the Far East fighter too and it is a bit more difficult.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Kitsunexus

I would like to see this game ported to Laserdisc.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 01/28/2008, 02:58 PMI would like to see this game ported to Laserdisc.
Your joking,right???
They stopped pressing Lds in Japan around 2001 if I remember right,and Ld based games themselves way before then unless you count the repress of Dragons Lair.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/28/2008, 07:15 PM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 01/28/2008, 02:58 PMI would like to see this game ported to Laserdisc.
Your joking,right???
They stopped pressing Lds in Japan around 2001 if I remember right,and Ld based games themselves way before then unless you count the repress of Dragons Lair.
Yeah, but we could repress this game, and make a conversion kit for Dragon's Lair which includes a chip that renders the life bars and timer and everything.

MissaFX

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 01/29/2008, 03:11 AM
Your joking,right???
Yeah, but we could repress this game, and make a conversion kit for Dragon's Lair which includes a chip that renders the life bars and timer and everything.
To be perfectly honest you couldn't do this game on a LD.  It requires more than 1 video source at times AND it is too interactive.  An LD game of it would have to have a lot more footage and no LD game is over 28 minutes long.  Far east of Eden might be done on LD though since it only ever has 1 video source on screen, but I think the access time on the LD still might be too long.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Missa on 01/29/2008, 03:31 AM
Your joking,right???
To be perfectly honest you couldn't do this game on a LD.  It requires more than 1 video source at times AND it is too interactive.  An LD game of it would have to have a lot more footage and no LD game is over 28 minutes long.  Far east of Eden might be done on LD though since it only ever has 1 video source on screen, but I think the access time on the LD still might be too long.
But that's OLD LD. This is NuLD!!!  :dance:

Keranu

I played through this game last night and finally really figured out how to play it. I wrote a little review for it here and in it I tried to sum up how the game plays. I'll quote it here incase it helps anyone understand the game better.

Quote from: My Damn SelfThe game works like this: There are two fighters on a playing field (duh). The life bars for each player are on top of the screen and there are two others bars on the screen, one on the top and one on the bottom, which indicate which kind of attack is being used by flashing either a blue, yellow, or red color, and if it is a high or low attack depending on which bar is lit. If the upper bar is lit, then you have to hold down the up button and press block, if the bottom bar is lit, hold down the down button and block. If both of them are lit, as is the case for special moves, then you need to just tap the block button. Quick beam attacks will be indicated with a blue light and are avoided by blocking downwards and standard attacks will flash a yellow light and will require a high or low block.

Also on the screen are your character portraits on the top. The main purpose of these is to indicate if the fighters are standing in close range or far away, which is important because most special moves require you to be far away, and some require close range. The range can be changed at any time by tapping either up or down, but by doing so it can leave the opponent an opportunity to attack you, so you have to be prepared to quickly block or counter his attacks.

As mentioned, blocking is a key thing to master in this game. It will come off as really hard at first, but you just need to adjust your reflexes and it will be so easy once you get the hang of it. Counter attacks can be confusing though and I still haven't quite mastered them yet, but they are certainly very useful in this game.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

PCEngineHell

Your joking,right???
Depends on if CAV or CLV is used as far as video size goes. And yea Battle Heat would be too hard to do because of seek times really more then anything since the game plays back footage randomly depending on what you or the computer decides to do.

Kitsunexus

Well then we could have 4 LD players chained together!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 01/29/2008, 03:44 AM
Your joking,right???
Here you go Kits:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuon

But that's OLD LD. This is NuLD!!!  :dance:

MissaFX

Quote from: Missa on 01/29/2008, 03:31 AMTo be perfectly honest you couldn't do this game on a LD.  It requires more than 1 video source at times AND it is too interactive.  An LD game of it would have to have a lot more footage and no LD game is over 28 minutes long.  Far east of Eden might be done on LD though since it only ever has 1 video source on screen, but I think the access time on the LD still might be too long.
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 02/01/2008, 03:24 PMDepends on if CAV or CLV is used as far as video size goes. And yea Battle Heat would be too hard to do because of seek times really more then anything since the game plays back footage randomly depending on what you or the computer decides to do. 
You cannot have a CLV laserdisc in a traditional laserdisc game since it takes digital processing hardware to access a single frame of a CLV disc, and even then, where that frame would be exactly is a little fuzzy so it might not always even show the right still screens or start animations at exactly the right place.

PCEngineHell

I agree,however if it was done,for speculations sake a custom player would have to be built that was far more advance then the typical arcade hardware,and even the Laseractive hardware inorder to do it right. This game would be mean on the seek times of a laserdisc player laser due to back and forth required access.

It would have to have very fast seek times with a much more advance laser and graphics ability similar to having the Laseractive use  a in game hardware module like the MD or PCE one but at least on larger scale like PCFX.

The best way would have to be having the game video read off of faster data methods,dvd,or harddrive if cleaner video is a must and have it done on modern hardware.

MissaFX

Quote from: PCEngineHellThe best way would have to be having the game video read off of faster data methods,dvd,or harddrive if cleaner video is a must and have it done on modern hardware.
I would love to see a Blu-Ray "LD" type arcade machine with say Space Ace 2 or a new Time Gal game!!!

Kitsunexus

I want to see an Optigan gaming system.

MissaFX

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/01/2008, 09:48 PMI want to see an Optigan gaming system.
A purely musical based game with no graphics, and one with this many keys might be hard to master.

IMG

However it would look freaking sweet in the arcade as long as they model it after that Optigan model!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Missa on 02/01/2008, 11:19 PM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/01/2008, 09:48 PMI want to see an Optigan gaming system.
A purely musical based game with no graphics, and one with this many keys might be hard to master.
IMG
However it would look freaking sweet in the arcade as long as they model it after that Optigan model!
Laserdisc Keyboardmania, "The Sounds Of The Optigan" edition. I like the sounds of that. ^___^

PCEngineHell

If anyone can do it,the new Warp can. They have done games lacking visuals before. :)

Kitsunexus

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 02/02/2008, 01:19 AMIf anyone can do it,the new Warp can. They have done games lacking visuals before. :)
But Kenji Eno isn't with WARP anymore, so that would be FAIL.

PCEngineHell

Well,true but I didn't mean by the same company name. Kenji pretty much was Warp,or the best mind driving the company.