10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Street Fighter II: Champion Edition - PC Engine

Started by KnightWarrior, 08/12/2012, 11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightWarrior

Will someone make a English Translation Patch for the game??

PCEngineHell

Why? Its import friendly. It doesn't exactly have a compelling storyline anyway.

HercTNT

Kmnightwarrior, i'm sorry, but that is an extremely absurd question. the game is fully playable from start to finish in english. what more is it that you need?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/12/2012, 11:46 PMWhy? Its import friendly. It doesn't exactly have a compelling storyline anyway.
GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN.

real talk.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2012, 11:53 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/12/2012, 11:46 PMWhy? Its import friendly. It doesn't exactly have a compelling storyline anyway.
GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN.

real talk.
Lol seriously.  How would Street Fighter 2's experience have truly been had you never known Ryu said "You must defeat my dragon punch to stand a chance". I just... I just don't know what I would have done....

Arkhan Asylum

and what about Balrog's wise words:

"My fists have your blood on them".
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

KnightWarrior

Doesn't hurt to ask

Super SFII X on the Dreamcast got a English Patch

CrackTiger

It would be cool to read more direct translations, even if they aren't patched into a game. They can't all be ridiculous in the exact same ways and I'm sure some of it must be "insensitive".

I'm more interested in soneday seeing a non-glitching version "Fighting Street II'" with at least one stage updated.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

HercTNT

true, that's a fair enough. but the turbo is not the dreamcast and everything is in english except for the credits i think. are you really reading the credits?

PCEngineHell

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 08/13/2012, 12:19 AMDoesn't hurt to ask

Only because certain people don't have anything better to do with their time evidently. There are far more deserving games out there that could benefit from a translation. SF2 IS NOT one of them. Its already been translated via the countless American releases.

KnightWarrior

Quote from: HercTNT on 08/13/2012, 12:24 AMtrue, that's a fair enough. but the turbo is not the dreamcast and everything is in english except for the credits i think. are you really reading the credits?
Everything is in Japanese

HercTNT

maybe you right, its been awhile since i played it. but its so simple its hard to imagine that anyone would have trouble figuring it out. i'm as simple as it gets and i get it. just my two cents.

PCEngineHell

What I'd like to see is someone do a non-cropped version for Pce. I mean seriously, not like the hardware cant handle it. All the arcade card fighters have large full screen graphics about.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 08/13/2012, 12:33 AM
Quote from: HercTNT on 08/13/2012, 12:24 AMtrue, that's a fair enough. but the turbo is not the dreamcast and everything is in english except for the credits i think. are you really reading the credits?
Everything is in Japanese
Only the win quotes and endings, which...you'd think everyone would have memorized by now. The character select, the announcer's voice, the credits, the option screen, everything you'd really need is already in English in every version of SFII.
IMG

Firebomber7

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 08/12/2012, 11:39 PMWill someone make a English Translation Patch for the game??
Wow man, that has to be one of your silliest posts ever. No point to this at all. Nobody would bother to put it on a HuCard. The only feasible way to do it would be to hack a ROM... but at that point, anyone who uses ROMs could easily just play any one of the other 1004 versions of Street Fighter II out there.

-if you make a silly post, you will get mocked. Yes, this was a silly post you made. :P
IMG
IMG
IMG
Wants:
-region/s-video modded PC Engine Duo w/Arcade Card at www. multimods .com
-region modded Super Grafx
-region modded PC Engine original
-PC-FX w/Zenki, Zeroigar, Chip-Chan, Battle Heat, Der Langrisser FX

Will this complete me?

JoshTurboTrollX

Fuck Street Fighter 2CE, what we truly need is translations to Fatal Fury Special, World Heroes 2, and Strip Fighter II!!!  O_O
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/13/2012, 10:15 AMFuck Street Fighter 2CE, what we truly need is translations to Fatal Fury Special, World Heroes 2, and Strip Fighter II!!!  O_O
I thought Fatal Fury Special already had an English option in it. I know Art of Fighting does.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I'm going to translate Insanity.

It has such a compelling story.  Those Japanese people need to know all about it.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/13/2012, 11:20 AM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/13/2012, 10:15 AMFuck Street Fighter 2CE, what we truly need is translations to Fatal Fury Special, World Heroes 2, and Strip Fighter II!!!  O_O
I thought Fatal Fury Special already had an English option in it. I know Art of Fighting does.
I'll have to look and get back to you.  I've never tinkered with the options much with the SNK fighters...  That is other than to turn the challenge up to 11!!!  HARDCAW!!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

CrackTiger

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 08/13/2012, 12:19 AMDoesn't hurt to ask

Several PCE games like this, which have minimal Japanese or the text translated elsewhere have already been patched up. A game as popular as SFII' would have been translated years ago if it didn't employ bank switching. It's actually the only HuCard that does. So it would actually be too challenging to be worth the effort for the kinds of programners who seem to pick off easy to translate games like this.

Zeta: the post match VS mode screen has a bunch of stats in Japanese. It would be nice to have that translated.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

MottZilla

Actually the bankswitching probably wasn't the problem exactly. The most popular emulator for a long time was MagicEngine, which uses or used some sort of Hash/Checksum calculation to detect SF2 and emulate the mapper. So if you changed just 1 byte of the ROM, MagicEngine didn't want to emulate the mapper anymore. Atleast that is what I recall running into when I thought it would be easy to just insert the english text into this game. But that was years ago. And there really was no point to it. It could be done, and probably no more difficult than other translation hacks. But until someone just feels like it, it won't happen. It's not like someone is going to do it for fame.

Arkhan Asylum

Maybe I'll do it

but the text won't be correct.

Chun Li will be like IM THE STRONGEST LESBIAN IN THE WORLD

and Sagat's name will say Fagat

and Blanka will just make wookie noises.

Guile will be like GO HOME AND BLOW YOUR MOM.

etc.

It will be awesome.

HercTNT

arkhan, i so badly hope you do this. It will inspire me to play sf2 again.

Arkhan Asylum

You must defeat my anal punch to stand a chance!

HercTNT

Good god, i would be terrified of the animation on that one alone  :shock:

BigusSchmuck

Its not a completely absurd request, hell people are still tinkering with Super Mario Brothers and that game is damn near 30 years old. I'll put it up there with the Snes Tactics Ogre Battle translation request.

_Paul

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/13/2012, 02:39 PMYou must defeat my anal punch to stand a chance!
I can just imagine the deadly hemorrhoids shooting out towards you like a stretchy Dhalsim limb.

HercTNT

FraGMarE

I've always had an interest in seeing this game translated, not that it really NEEDS to be.  I did some graphical upgrades to the stages and title screen a while back too.  I'm too lazy to search for the thread on it, though.

esteban

Quote from: fragmare on 08/13/2012, 04:18 PMI've always had an interest in seeing this game translated, not that it really NEEDS to be.  I did some graphical upgrades to the stages and title screen a while back too.  I'm too lazy to search for the thread on it, though.
I now have a reason to care about SFII' on PCE. :pcds:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineHell

What would actually be cool is if someone did something like a Sonic and Knuckles type thing that converted SF2 Champ to Super SF2 or something, or simply as a upgrade to fix any issues in Champ itself including updating the backgrounds and maybe add in any missing frames of animation, like the walking backwards animations.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/14/2012, 11:09 AMWhat would actually be cool is if someone did something like a Sonic and Knuckles type thing that converted SF2 Champ to Super SF2 or something, or simply as a upgrade to fix any issues in Champ itself including updating the backgrounds and maybe add in any missing frames of animation, like the walking backwards animations.
Another idea kind of spawned off your quote could be putting new sprites into old games..  Perhaps something that looked like the Kisado adapter that actually had a game inside of it.  One idea could be a way to put a popular NEC/TTi character inside of other games on the Turbo.  Imagine a game called 'Invader Zonk' or something, where you could connect with a number of classic Turbo games.  Air Zonk in Bonk's Revenge, Zonk in Ninja Spirit, Zonk in Keith Courage?  Could just be as simple as a sprite swap to place a walking Zonk animated over the original sprite.

Bloody Wolf

Ok add in Sheng Long and translate........that would be sick!!! Haha