RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

WTF....

Started by PCEngineHell, 08/10/2012, 08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineHell

WTF is this shit about?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOCKMAN-TURBO-GRAFX-16-CUSTOM-CASE-ONLY-Very-COOL-/310420426411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48467fceab

I thought Sparky was the soul label maker here. WTF is this clown doing ripping off his work?

EDIT: Ok thats fucked up. Basically Ase, who I thought used to be a decent seller at one time, has taken Sparkys idea and run with it by cannibalizing US hucards of their cases and charging excessively per case. When did he start doing this?

Drakon

Doesn't seem excessive to me but *shrug* okay then.
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"
Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

PCEngineHell

18 bucks after shipping for one jewel case and one fake label, that's a bit excessive. I didn't know people had made a market out of cannibalizing hu-cards of their cases to do stuff like this.

soop

Seems quite high to me.  But then I don't really know turbo prices.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

JoshTurboTrollX

I thought this was going on for a while, but I'm not sure if asemaster is the only offender.

If you didn't want to go through the hassle of finding dupe cases to sticky, I could see $10 each being sort of alright, but $18 is a bit high.  Seems like most of his other auctions are in the 'ok, not just trying to buttfuck the buyer' range.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

8bitForLife

ya i saw those all over ebay the last couple weeks.
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

8bitForLife

wouldnt mind getting a fake case for my airzonk ether since mine didnt come with one just but i wouldnt pay that much.
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

geise

I just buy cheap games like tv sports or some $1 pc-engine game.  Then use that for a case.  Still need to get some sparky stickers.  I'll have to bug him about that.

LostFlunky

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/10/2012, 08:54 AMWTF is this shit about?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOCKMAN-TURBO-GRAFX-16-CUSTOM-CASE-ONLY-Very-COOL-/310420426411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48467fceab

I thought Sparky was the soul label maker here. WTF is this clown doing ripping off his work?
TG16 Label repro's have been available since the mid 90's.  These one's are a *little* expensive...  but they do look very nice.  To each their own I guess.  It would be nice to have new fab'd cases though instead of recycled KC ones.

NecroPhile

He's been doing it for quite a while, and while I haven't seen 'em in person the scuttlebutt is that they're of inferior quality compared to originals or Sparky's stickers; and note that he's using PCE cases (no clips).  My favorite is the fucked up Gate of Thunder insert - "don't throw it away, some sucker will buy it!"
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

I want my entire collection to be rainbow inserts!!!

*WHERE IS THE BUY THEM ALL BUTTON?!?!*
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 08/10/2012, 10:54 AMMy favorite is the fucked up Gate of Thunder insert - "don't throw it away, some sucker will buy it!"
It has that "Colour ink may have run out, do you want to continue?" look...  One of a kind!

bartre

Quote from: guest on 08/10/2012, 10:54 AMMy favorite is the fucked up Gate of Thunder insert - "don't throw it away, some sucker will buy it!"
I don't see what's so messed up, other than the fact that it's a lame CD insert as opposed to one of the much better Super CDROM inserts

esteban

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/10/2012, 08:54 AMWTF is this shit about?

EDIT: Ok thats fucked up. Basically Ase, who I thought used to be a decent seller at one time, has taken Sparkys idea and run with it by cannibalizing US hucards of their cases and charging excessively per case. When did he start doing this?
I agree that this is far too expensive.

Quote from: guest on 08/10/2012, 10:54 AMHe's been doing it for quite a while, and while I haven't seen 'em in person the scuttlebutt is that they're of inferior quality compared to originals or Sparky's stickers; and note that he's using PCE cases (no clips).  My favorite is the fucked up Gate of Thunder insert - "don't throw it away, some sucker will buy it!"
So, ASE is not sourcing the stickers from Sparky, but making his own?

That makes me feel better, because otherwise, someone here is ASE. I've actually purchased stuff from him years ago (when I lived in California...I think he is also in California, near Lake Elsinore? I remember totally random things, but I forget important stuff).

Anyway, I felt ASE was overpriced even back then, but, hey, I was the idiot who thought I was getting a COMPLETE copy of Soldier Blade, when in fact I was getting a Keith Courage jewel box. IMG The price I paid would have been fair for a complete copy.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

MAXIUMS ROLF :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PCEngineHell

Yeah that rainbow insert is clearly just a fuck up he is trying to recoup on. And these things don't look the quality of Sparkys inserts at all judging from the pics. Not terrible, but in no way as nice.

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/10/2012, 12:14 PM
MAXIUMS ROLF :lol:
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/10/2012, 12:26 PMYeah that rainbow insert is clearly just a fuck up he is trying to recoup on. And these things don't look the quality of Sparkys inserts at all judging from the pics. Not terrible, but in no way as nice.
I just clicked on this.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAA.

At least ASE is recycling his rejects to save the environment. :pcgs:

SignOfZeta

I have no interest in any fake inserts, Sparky's, this guy's, or anyone else's. They are all fake, none are original.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/10/2012, 01:03 PMI have no interest in any fake inserts, Sparky's, this guy's, or anyone else's. They are all fake, none are original.
No shit?!?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

reno5

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/10/2012, 01:03 PMI have no interest in any fake inserts, Sparky's, this guy's, or anyone else's. They are all fake, none are original.
I like Sparky's label so that you can at least identify your games (even if you use cd case instead of HU Card Case.

But looking at this guy inserts and his prices, only thing i have in mind is : I can do exactly the same thing at home on my printer. All i need is a good quality paper and enough ink.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/10/2012, 01:16 PM
No shit?!?
WTF?!

SignOfZeta

No shit?!?
My point is that calling this one guy out because he made fake labels chronologically after some other guy that made fake labels is ridiculous. The only one with any right to complain whatsoever is NEC, and they don't give a shit. While his prices might not be the most wonderful, its not like is the Megaman CD or something.
IMG

PCEngineHell

IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/10/2012, 01:23 PM
No shit?!?
My point is that calling this one guy out because he made fake labels chronologically after some other guy that made fake labels is ridiculous. The only one with any right to complain whatsoever is NEC, and they don't give a shit. While his prices might not be the most wonderful, its not like is the Megaman CD or something.
The problem isn't just the fact he just decided to copy Sparky. The big problem is he isn't doing it well, and he is gouging, and he is cannibalizing other games to do it.

Sparky

Thanks Prof and guys for supporting my work but i guess anyone can make these if they really wanted to, and can make them as high quality as mine but it takes time to match colours, fonts and quality, my wife thought i was a fucking nut for the time i did spend on them when i was was.
Also Zeta the main purpose i made these labels was for the 21 that never had cases so i guess you can call them originals :P

But ya this guy has been making these for awhile and i was at first..... wtf?.. but then what can ya do, and its ebay & stuff like that crap i cant believe sells, i just hope the real turbo fans come here before they decide to buy over there.

tpivette

Quote from: guest on 08/10/2012, 02:33 PMi just hope the real turbo fans come here before they decide to buy over there.
Damn right! I'm actually ready to order a bunch of stuff from you (labels, inserts), but I saw in another post that youre swamped, so I'll give it a little time til your less busy. I'm in no rush
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

PCEngineHell

PM sent Sparky.

tggodfrey

He has been selling these for over a year......welcome to 2009/2010.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

PCEngineHell

Quote from: tggodfrey on 08/10/2012, 08:51 PMHe has been selling these for over a year......welcome to 2009/2010.
He wasn't selling these in 2k9 and 2k10, unless he magically started right after I got out of Pce stuff late 2k10. After that then yeah Id not have known. Then again, was it even mentioned here anyway?

CPTRAVE

Quote from: guest on 08/10/2012, 02:33 PMThanks Prof and guys for supporting my work but i guess anyone can make these if they really wanted to, and can make them as high quality as mine but it takes time to match colours, fonts and quality, my wife thought i was a fucking nut for the time i did spend on them when i was was.
Also Zeta the main purpose i made these labels was for the 21 that never had cases so i guess you can call them originals :P
But ya this guy has been making these for awhile and i was at first..... wtf?.. but then what can ya do, and its ebay & stuff like that crap i cant believe sells, i just hope the real turbo fans come here before they decide to buy over there.
You have my vote.