10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Live action Mega Man movie.......?

Started by ParanoiaDragon, 09/04/2015, 01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

No doubt it'll be the film equivalent of the NES box art: ugly, generic, and amateur.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

I could see how a quality live action Mighty Atom film set in Japan could be pulled off. Just like how a live action Akira film should be all Japanese, I don't think either will happen (with the minimum quality they deserve) within my lifetime.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SignOfZeta

No, it'll be fine. You saw how good the Nick Cage Astro Boy was, right? Just bring him back for a re skinned version of the same thing and call it Megaman. It'll suck, sure, but people will forget it so fast that the cultural damage will be minimal. Get someone like The Rock or Danny Trejo to play Bass. All of this makes sense.

There is no way Megaman can have a gloriously shiny blue round metal robot body though. It has to be a Nike-esque skin tight plastic sort of thing exactly like ever other fucking superhero movie. Get Kristen Schaal to play Roll but then edit her out of the movie completely. Be sure to suck all the color out of everything in post, use a lot of rear channel FX of glass breaking and knives being sharpened, get Smashmouth to do the closing theme. Minimize any elements of robot rights and the evolution of humankind unless you can can shoehorn them into the "cartoonish bigotry" mold the X Men have been wearing out for decades. Make a Walmart exclusive Amibo. Pay Bret Ratner $15M to direct it. Make sure he uses a lot of ramping and exaggerated depth of field. Invent a new character so that an annoying standup comic can scream his lines.

Tell me I don't have what it takes to be a Hollywood producer.
IMG

DildoKKKobold

Mega Man doesn't convert well to the real world. His body isn't actually very human like. This seems like it is going to be bad... very very bad.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Gredler

This is the first thing that came to mind, for some reason.

IMG

wildfruit

This reminds me of being a 10yo boy and seeing super Mario bros in the pictures and almost crying with devastation.

ParanoiaDragon

At the very least, I think it'd be easier to pull off as an X movie, rather then original MM.  Even then........ :/
IMG

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)