RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Small intros

Started by MooZ, 02/25/2017, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MooZ

Hey people, I should post here more often...

Some weeks ago I released an intro (read a small rushed demo) at the kickass Datastorm party.
This prod was a good exercise on self modifying code and sprites.
Here's the link on pouet.net.

Months earlier I also released an invit for that party (pouet link).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?V=O1LLmgFLWIE - Invalid ID

This may not be technologically ass whooping. Anyway I hope you'll enjoy it.

Dicer

ccovell

Cool stuff.  Polar coord systems need a workout on the PCE.

Michirin9801

Pretty good stuff!

SignOfZeta

Very nice. I especially like the music.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

That reminded me of some of the Cosine stuff for C64.   I like it

What did you do for the music?  I'm assuming it's some home made player.   the percussion is really nice
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

_Paul

NecroPhile

Neat stuff, especially the tunes.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

elmer

There are some really nice effects in there, I absolutely love the look of that diagonal swipe!  =D>

The multi-layer scroll effect would be nice to see on a game's Title Screen, if it left enough sprites free.

Arkhan Asylum

I don't know how intense the effort is for the blue circle tunnel effect.    It would be interesting to see if a game could be made using it, sort of like Beamrider or Tempest or something, where you are flying into the tunnel, and shooting whatever the hell is in there.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gredler

Bravo! A mesmerizing show, and baffles me how this was pulled off - so nice!!

Thanks for sharing, I love watching these things and wondering how stuff was done!

FraGMarE

These are killer MooZ.  Very nice!  :)  I like the 3D Tempest 2k type effect, travelling into the spiral.  Tell me that's not a bonus level waiting to happen, eh?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: fragmare on 02/27/2017, 02:27 PMThese are killer MooZ.  Very nice!  :)  I like the 3D Tempest 2k type effect, travelling into the spiral.  Tell me that's not a bonus level waiting to happen, eh?
I could see it working to be a simpler version of a game like Tube Panic.   

I wonder if doing a 3D effect would work with them, so you can wear red/blue glasses and be like YES

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 02/27/2017, 02:59 PM
Quote from: fragmare on 02/27/2017, 02:27 PMThese are killer MooZ.  Very nice!  :)  I like the 3D Tempest 2k type effect, travelling into the spiral.  Tell me that's not a bonus level waiting to happen, eh?
I could see it working to be a simpler version of a game like Tube Panic.   

I wonder if doing a 3D effect would work with them, so you can wear red/blue glasses and be like YES
Time for a retro port of...

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

that game made my friend throw up.   It was awesome.

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 02/27/2017, 03:07 PMthat game made my friend throw up.   It was awesome.
All the more reason...

"Enjoy the pure blistering retro vomit inducing action"

Arkhan Asylum

hell yeah.

The whole thing definitely reminds me of the old C64 stuff from Cosine.  They had some small little trippy effects like that.

esteban

Slowly, I have been catching up on all the old posts...

This was a very nice treat, comrade.

It was very polished and, as someone stated earlier "mesmerizing"...

Bravo.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MooZ

Arkhan: It's just a standard VGM player. All the merits go to Octapus.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: MooZ on 03/08/2017, 10:59 AMArkhan: It's just a standard VGM player. All the merits go to Octapus.
give him 8 high fives for me.

JoshTurboTrollX

This is very impressive!  I also would love to see the tunnel effects used in a on-rails type shooter demo!

:D Thank you for sharing!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!