Retropalooza Houston April 22-23rd

Started by Warbucks, 04/19/2017, 10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbucks

A few buddies and myself will be driving there from Florida.

I'm excited for a road trip and some video games.

Anyone else going to Retropalooza Houston this weekend?

SignOfZeta

Couldn't you find a closer show, or do you only attend events if the weather is absolute murder?

As ask because that doesn't look like much of a show for a 1000 mile drive. It closes at 5:00pm! Are you a dealer? Maybe one of the Youtubber guests? If not, wait a while and go to MAGfest, MGC, etc.
IMG

ginoscope

Damn that is a long drive for that show.  I am in Dallas and was considering the 4 hour drive to Houston.  I like the Let's Play show that happens in Dallas this August.

technozombie

I'm going. I live about 1.5 hours away.

seieienbu

Quote from: ginoscope on 04/19/2017, 11:48 AMDamn that is a long drive for that show.  I am in Dallas and was considering the 4 hour drive to Houston.  I like the Let's Play show that happens in Dallas this August.
I'm in the exact same boat.  I wanted to go but it looks like it's just not in the cards this weekend.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Warbucks

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/19/2017, 11:12 AMCouldn't you find a closer show, or do you only attend events if the weather is absolute murder?

As ask because that doesn't look like much of a show for a 1000 mile drive. It closes at 5:00pm! Are you a dealer? Maybe one of the Youtubber guests? If not, wait a while and go to MAGfest, MGC, etc.
Nah, not a dealer, just going to have fun.
No good cons going on right now and friends are on vaca this week, so everything works out.

sirhcman

Quote from: Warbucks on 04/19/2017, 06:51 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/19/2017, 11:12 AMCouldn't you find a closer show, or do you only attend events if the weather is absolute murder?

Nah, not a dealer, just going to have fun.
No good cons going on right now and friends are on vaca this week, so everything works out.
Have fun at the convention warbucks. Report back if you get some good pictures/stories :)

technozombie

Saw my first copy of Magical Chase with manual only $2100. Needless to say,  I passed on that one.

Warbucks

It was an awesome trip.

There were so many good games there and a lot of cool people.

I should of bought more but was flying back and didn't want to bring a crapton of stuff on the plane.

I did see that Magical Chase, there was no manual it was just a printed insert.

That guy wound up getting Bonk 3 CD and Super Air Zonk, but he wouldn't sell them :(

This was some pickups from the convention, I was able to get them for decent prices, so I am psyched to play some new games.

Not sure why the pic is so damn huge, but be sure to scroll to the right to see the turbo stuff lol
IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: Warbucks on 04/25/2017, 09:51 AMIt was an awesome trip.

There were so many good games there and a lot of cool people.

I should of bought more but was flying back and didn't want to bring a crapton of stuff on the plane.

I did see that Magical Chase, there was no manual it was just a printed insert.

That guy wound up getting Bonk 3 CD and Super Air Zonk, but he wouldn't sell them :(

This was some pickups from the convention, I was able to get them for decent prices, so I am psyched to play some new games.

Not sure why the pic is so damn huge, but be sure to scroll to the right to see the turbo stuff lol
IMG
Nice pickups! That Jimmy Connors Tennis sucks :D

technozombie

I spent more money than I should have.  I did buy Splatterhouse and journey  to Silius from that guy that had the air zoom and magical Chase.

Warbucks

He had a bunch of turbo games, he had two Bonk 3 CDs, one he held onto and the other the disc was super bad, I didn't feel comfortable taking a chance on it.

I am already looking forward to the next Retropalooza in October.

technozombie

The one in Dallas was quite a bit bigger, although I didn't  go last year.