October 10, 1992! 25 Years of Turbo Duo!

Started by kenomac78, 10/09/2017, 11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenomac78

Hey all. Don't forget to take some time and play your Duo or Super System card (if you have one) because Oct 10 this year is the 25th birthday of the TurboDuo! even if not, just think how long its been and how great it is to have this community and other sites keeping the Turbo family going all these years!

NecroPhile

Happy B-Day, TurbobDuo!  I'll offer mine a piece of cake tonight.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SignOfZeta

That's a very specific birthday, especially since probably literally nobody bought a Duo on "release date" or even knew what the release date even was. This is the first I've heard of it (that I can remember).

I've long since sold mine since black buttons add $100 value that I don't need to be responsible for, however it was a major occasion in 1992. The pack-ins in particular are still better than for any system I've owned before or since.

My original had loading issues and a high freq noise from the drive so I had to exchange it but the replacement is still going someplace. I sold it to NecroPhile or Nat or one of those old timers. The iPhone has existed not even for half as long and I've owned a half dozen of the POSs. NEC really built them.
IMG

exodus

hmm, yeah, where does the date come from? Even so, I was playing my duo til past midnight last night, so if this is indeed the birthdate, I got right in there!

kenomac78

I got the date from TURBOFORCE #2. It's mentioned on Wikipedia and other places too

TurboForcePg4.jpg
OG: archives.tg-16.com/TURBOFORCE/TF-02-04.jpg

It's mentioned on that page

HuMan

I'm away from home for the rest of the week, can't play my PCE Duo even if I wanted to. :(

exodus

NoSexGex

Quote from: kenomac78 on 10/10/2017, 02:29 PMI got the date from TURBOFORCE #2. It's mentioned on Wikipedia and other places too

https://archives.tg-16.com/TURBOFORCE/TF-02-04.jpg

It's mentioned on that page
It's basically written in stone
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!