RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... BT passed away early 2023 from health problems. He was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Least worst video game site?

Started by JoshTurboTrollX, 11/04/2009, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Out of the options provided; what is your favorite retro single console dedicated gaming site

pcengine-fx.com
12 (57.1%)
Neo-Geo.com
4 (19%)
Sega-16.com
5 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

JoshTurboTrollX

I voted Sega-16.com as it is actually updated with pretty excellent information on a regular basis.

Love the forums here, but Neo-Geo.com comes in a close second as their forums are pretty awesome.  Love the trader ratings system and messaging system.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

_Paul

Mine of course.  :-"

And pcenginefx is technically a site for 2 completely different consoles.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 11/04/2009, 04:55 PMMine of course.  :-"

And pcenginefx is technically a site for 2 completely different consoles.
Thats true- I also should have included sega-saturn.uk
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Nazi NecroPhile

I refuse to vote, since 'least worst' implies that they all suck, and it's clearly you that sucks.  :P

Anywho..... this is clearly the most awesomist site.  Any vote to the contrary means that you're a terrorist.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Yes, the OP needs to learn how to OBEY.

RoyVegas

I voted for PCengineFX as I could give 2 shits about the other sites.  I guess the only drawback I've found here is that people can be pretty judgemental on things.  Calm down killer!
All is well. :)

Joe Redifer

Least worst?  I would vote Neo Geo.com as the worst for sure.  I like both Sega-16 and PCEngineFX.  Here are the positives and negatives of each:

Sega-16
PROS:
-Lots of users
-Tons of interesting articles
-Updated often
-Lots of forum activity
CONS:
-Some members are idiots
-Spam on the forums (I am trying to fix this)


PCEngineFX:
PROS:
-Mostly great members
-Interesting threads with interesting discussion
-Generally manages itself
CONS:
-Usually MIA Administrator
-Member roster could be a bit higher
-Next to no articles or anything of interest outside the forums and Aaron's videos

Neo-Geo.com

PROS:
-A shit ton of members, god knows why... it's the Neo Geo after all.  Going by this logic, a Jaguar or Lynx forum should be filled with millions of users.
-Well, it is about the Neo-Geo, and it needs love.
CONS:
-Nearly every member there is an idiot.
-Cliques galore.
-Asinine culture.
-Nothing really interesting.

Tatsujin

that made me laugh now :lol:

me goes for teh forum with the only and one console which is really worth to OBEY in!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Trying to start a forum war turbostar tisk,tisk  :roll: Though if it wasn't for the ng forums i wouldn't have all these mvs carts  :twisted:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

I used to go to sega-16 for the steady stream of content & articles, but I never really explored the forums.

Of course, this was years ago. I reckon I have a lot of catching-up to do.


Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/04/2009, 08:29 PMNeo-Geo.com[/b]
PROS:
-A shit ton of members, god knows why... it's the Neo Geo after all.  Going by this logic, a Jaguar or Lynx forum should be filled with millions of users.
I have long-marveled the indie scene for the Jaguar.

And I know this will sound rude, but I have long-marveled the passion of Jaguar enthusiasts as well.

I mean... it's the Jaguar. This, coming from a TG-16 fan, no less.

My apologies to Jaguar fans.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Sega-16 is by far the best overall. It's like a combination of every major english PCE site all rolled into one, only Genesis based. I prefer this forum as a forum, separate from the theme, but there are enough decent regular posters there now. It's just usually packed with people with the exact opposite tastes than mine (Mortal Kombat lovers and "Genesis has more attitude" types) and most topics don't interest me. But there's enough activity overall to make it worthwhile to check in regularly.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 11/04/2009, 05:19 PMAnywho..... this is clearly the most awesomist site.  Any vote to the contrary means that you're a terrorist.
I lol'ed. :D
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

Quote from: guest on 11/11/2009, 10:11 PMSega-16 is by far the best overall. It's like a combination of every major english PCE site all rolled into one, only Genesis based. I prefer this forum as a forum, separate from the theme, but there are enough decent regular posters there now. It's just usually packed with people with the exact opposite tastes than mine (Mortal Kombat lovers and "Genesis has more attitude" types) and most topics don't interest me. But there's enough activity overall to make it worthwhile to check in regularly.
It's all about interesting topics and quality posts from folks. I've been perusing some of the sega-16 topics and they seem to be filled with a lot of noise. Granted, I have to dig deeper, but my first impressions have not been encouraging. Don't worry, I know it's too early to pass judgment :).

Of course, the steady stream of content at sega-16 is neat. Even if some of the articles are lame, it is nice to see a consistent output for... damn, years now? That's inspiring.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG