10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PC原人 making a return

Started by Digi.k, 09/18/2010, 02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi.k

while I was watching the japanese Inside Xbox TGS 2010 coverage on the japanese XBL I noticed on the vid report one of the xbox famitsu staff playing in the xbox live arcade section:

I guess a XBL pc kid is coming ? don't know about any other platforms for now.. Is this a port of the gamecube game ?
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: Digi.k on 09/18/2010, 02:03 AMIs this a port of the gamecube game ?
I hope not, but I believe it could be even worse than that.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SignOfZeta

Hudson doesn't seem to even have it in them to make clever naming puns for the systems these games are appearing on anymore, so I have little faith in the games being worth a crap.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

It's coming to XBL, PSN, & WiiWare.  Though for some reason, it's heading to XBL first, not sure why.  I've been keep track of it, it does have Bonkish music thankfully!  It even has some throwbacks to older songs.  I'm not thrilled with the style of art for the game, but it does have the wackiness found in alot of Bonk games.  Looks like you get alot of different abilities, which can help you reach other area's, slightly like the Metroidvania formula, which is fine by me.  Ultimately, I hope the game doesn't suck.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I saw this too but was distracted by GalGun.

Something about rail shooting, horny high schoolers, and pheromone guns made me go LOLWHAT, and then "Oh i want that game!"
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!