In honor of the passing of Jerry Nelson

Started by turboswimbz, 08/24/2012, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboswimbz

on a more serious note, he helped define childhood for many a generation. sad passing.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SignOfZeta

Coincidentally, today I was at the Detroit Institute of Arts to see Heather Henson's Ibex Puppetry group do Celebration of Flight. This is a pretty cool show involving puppets, kites, and things that are half way between. It's not like Muppet stuff, its more avant guard and hippie like (ie: the closing theme was by The Polyphonic Spree). I never knew there was such a thing as a "expert kite flyer" until today. The weather was perfect and basically it was totally great.

Of course she dedicated the performance to Jerry Nelson. The Muppets were a big thing for me as a kid. Not so much Sesame Street but more The Muppet Show and The Muppet Movie. Particularly Jerry Nelson related was Emit Otter's Jug Band Christmas (he was the voice of Emit) which is now starting to gain some notoriety after 25 years of comparative obscurity.

I hope some day programing for kids will regain the spirit of the 1970s, and lose some of the crack addled hyper color noise that contemporary shows are swimming in. More Rainbow Connection, less Elmo, and treating kids respectfully and not treating them like helpless idiots.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/26/2012, 04:09 AMCoincidentally, today I was at the Detroit Institute of Arts to see Heather Henson's Ibex Puppetry group do Celebration of Flight. This is a pretty cool show involving puppets, kites, and things that are half way between. It's not like Muppet stuff, its more avant guard and hippie like (ie: the closing theme was by The Polyphonic Spree). I never knew there was such a thing as a "expert kite flyer" until today. The weather was perfect and basically it was totally great.

Of course she dedicated the performance to Jerry Nelson. The Muppets were a big thing for me as a kid. Not so much Sesame Street but more The Muppet Show and The Muppet Movie. Particularly Jerry Nelson related was Emit Otter's Jug Band Christmas (he was the voice of Emit) which is now starting to gain some notoriety after 25 years of comparative obscurity.

I hope some day programing for kids will regain the spirit of the 1970s, and lose some of the crack addled hyper color noise that contemporary shows are swimming in. More Rainbow Connection, less Elmo, and treating kids respectfully and not treating them like helpless idiots.
Shame on you for wanting less Elmo in the world. Oh, wait, I thought you said "Olmos".

Never mind.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG