10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

[X68000] Direct-X found!

Started by SuperDeadite, 04/17/2013, 11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

SuperDeadite

Finally, after all these years, I have found an original copy of the elusive Direct-X.
Released in 1998 by PYX.  This game isn't even 10 mins long, but it's absolutely badass.

Watch the video for everything you'll want to know.   8)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

xcrement5x

Sweet find!  Nice music too!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Opethian

yea music is pretty boss!
IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

munchiaz

music has got me dancing at work. Pretty awesome SHMUP as well. a whole lot of purple

SignOfZeta

Wow. That's pretty impressive for X68k. I assume this was a doujin release, since it says 1998 on it.

I remember the doujin Windows shooter scene back then was really interesting since, ironically, they would often pride themselves on not using any Direct Show/Draw/X/whatever features or linked libraries or anything and running everything out of one .exe that was 700kb or whatever and still generating very fun and impressive stuff.

Still looking for a full version of that Les Misrables fighting game. That thing was the dogs balls, from what I could tell from the demo. Victor Hugo versus Street Fighter III.
IMG

TheClash603

Great tunes, especially in the last stage.  Too bad the last stage seems easy and quick, making the tunes go by too fast.