Turbografx-16/PC-Engine RGB Amp Now Available for Sale

Started by turbokon, 04/24/2015, 06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbokon

As you guys already know, I sell the rgb to component boards, obey region chip and soon to be the component box.  Over the years, I have gotten a lot of request for a RGB amp chip.  I have listen and I'm happy to announce that I will start offering a newly specifically designed (by the great thesteve) RGB amp for our beloved tg16/PCE.  Prices are $18 plus shipping. 

IMG

IMG

Install Guide:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/nxfvsp9k75mk518/RGB_AMP_Guide.pdf

Ordering:
PM me here or order from my website at www.tg16pcemods.com
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

cjameslv

turbokon

Yes, I'm aware there are a couple of people here that already sell this.  These are of different design.  Btw I've been meaning to add this to my product line.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Alt-Nintega

dude there is a thread on Digitpress where they are asking whether DUO's and other NEC stuff can output RGB or not. They might be interested in your items. Here is the link:
http://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?166543-Does-the-Pc-engine-DUO-output-RGB

cjameslv

Quote from: turbokon on 04/24/2015, 10:42 PMYes, I'm aware there are a couple of people here that already sell this.  These are of different design.  Btw I've been meaning to add this to my product line.
That's cool, i bought and use your rbg to componet boards and they work good. Definitely keep up the work on the new box too but yeah there is a few people selling rbg amps pnauts/broken/ cant think of others names atm, but its pretty saturated already.

PunkCryborg

Cool news! Might want to consider selling the pcb mount 8 pin din plugs and scart cables too as a set. Majority of people who use RGB will be using that kind of set up

seieienbu

Could you post some screenshots comparing component to RGB?  I've been meaning to fix up my Duo for a while but have been on the fence on which way to go for improved video output...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

thesteve

farankoshan

Any word yet on the RGB amp?  :D

Would you be selling these amps already built & ready to be "installed"?
"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot fuck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

PunkCryborg

Quote from: cjameslv on 04/24/2015, 09:57 PMBroken already sells these...
Actully he doesnt anymore. Some people bought up his stock a while back.

turbokon

Rgb amp are here.  Message me if you want to buy one or two :)

IMG

www.tg16pcemods.com

MNKyDeth

turbokon...  You can barely read those instructions. White words on a white background. I know it starts white then goes blackish/grey at the bottom but nothing can be read in the top area.

Just a heads up you may need to adjust it a little. :)

MotherGunner

Hi TK, do you have any game pictures using the Amp?

Thanks!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

MNKyDeth

Ok, just ordered one of these boards. I also have the RGB to component v2 board as well.

I have not hooked up the V2 board yet as I have been trying to find the stuff I need and trying to plan out how I want to mod my Duo exactly.

I however do have a couple questions regarding each of these boards.

I have the V2 board without the Sync Stripper board. Do I need to hook up ground and +5v to both sides of the board or just one? If I need to hook up the +5v and ground on component side of the board do I send them out to the component part with the wires and to where? Or do I just need to hook it up to the motherboard of the Duo like the RGB side?

Last question on the V2.... Since I do not have the Sync Stripper part of the board do I need to do anything special to the component out cable or anything?

The RGB amplifier board, can I hook those into a YPrPb input on a TV? Or does it need to be specifically to a scart type cable then TV or converter?

My idea was to put in two mini DIN 7 pin connectors on the back of the Duo. Then make the proper cable from the mini DIN to the TV or converter device. I want to run the video and audio through the mini DIN to reduce any extra connection coming out the back of the Duo.

Any advice is appreciated.

goombakid

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 05/21/2015, 11:26 AMI have the V2 board without the Sync Stripper board. Do I need to hook up ground and +5v to both sides of the board or just one? If I need to hook up the +5v and ground on component side of the board do I send them out to the component part with the wires and to where? Or do I just need to hook it up to the motherboard of the Duo like the RGB side?
I just installed one of these in a Duo-R. I wondered the same thing, so I did wire up (daisy chained) both 5v points on the board to the 5V pin on the AV connector. I looked at the traces and it looked like both points were linked up to different components on the board itself.

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 05/21/2015, 11:26 AMLast question on the V2.... Since I do not have the Sync Stripper part of the board do I need to do anything special to the component out cable or anything?
You shouldn't, as long as you're using Composite Sync to the Component mod board.

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 05/21/2015, 11:26 AMThe RGB amplifier board, can I hook those into a YPrPb input on a TV? Or does it need to be specifically to a scart type cable then TV or converter?
You may wanna read up on RGB HERE and HERE.

The short of it is: No, you won't be able to hook it directly to Component. Yes, you'll need either a RGB capable monitor or a scaler to convert the RGB signals to use on other monitors.

thesteve

as for the V2 component board you only need to use 1 5V and 1 ground pin as they are connected on the board

turbokon

Same RGB Amp works on the N64 with the VDC-NUS chip as well.

IMG

www.tg16pcemods.com

leonk

turbokon: Does this amp remove the faint jail bars that seem to plague the TG16 in RGB mod? If not, what do you suggest someone can do to fix it?

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

thesteve

it cant remove them, but shouldnt cause them either

MNKyDeth

I have been using these amps for a bit now, it seems I can never get enough of them.

From my experience so far, I cannot see any jailbars with my setup or with any of the consoles I have tested. So I assume it's more my setup.

BenQ RL2460HT computer monitor, Framemeister XRGB-mini, RGB amp from Turbokon and I usually have been buying my cables from retrogamingcables as they are way better than the ones I can make.

My US Duo is the only console I put the 22uF ceramic caps on the Hu6280 pins to ground that was mentioned in another thread. But honestly.... The Duo-R's, Duo's, and Supergrax that I have tested with these amps with or without the 22uF caps I see no jailbars whatsoever.

Not sure... but I think I still need two more of these and two more Obey chips. Prolly get another order today or next week. :)

turbokon

IMG

Using this amp with a scart to hdmi converter..

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

wilykat

turbokon

Quote from: wilykat on 01/09/2016, 07:12 PMLooks like you took the RF modulator out.
yep that's correct

I just did an rgb mod to a tgcd rock ask well.  Now I have the best of both world, rgb and component.

IMG

IMG

IMG

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

We had some reports from the field of slow start up time when using this rgb amps.  This is due to charging time for the input 10uf caps.  Changing them to 1uf or even 0.1uf will provide a lot faster start up time.  Here is a little video of the psone lcd mod.  This mod uses the rgb amp mod chip.  When I switched out the 10uf capacitors to 1uf, the start up time was significantly faster. I will start shipping these out with the change in caps from now on.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Confimed, 0.1uf caps will make it start up instantly.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Double screen action.
IMG

Via Component video on crt
IMG

Via rgb scart to hdmi using this rgb amp.
IMG

www.tg16pcemods.com