@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Thunder Force Octology for the PCE-SCD

Started by Emerald Rocker, 11/06/2009, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald Rocker

Obviously it will be a while -- I'm predicting just in time for Christmas 2010 -- but I'm announcing Thunder Force Octology for the Turbo Super-CD.  This game will take one level from Thunder Force 1 through Thunder Force 6.  For Thunder Force 1's overhead level (and for TF2, if an overhead stage is selected) the action will be ramped up to the extreme, as well as providing a radar in the corner of the screen so that babies don't whine about "not being able to find the bases".

"BUT WAIT," you say.  "One level each from Thunder Force 1 through 6 should be called Thunder Force HEXOLOGY!"

You are correct.  But!  It is OCTOLOGY because there will be two additional levels.  One puts a "Thunder Force" twist on a level from Gate of Thunder, while the other puts a "Thunder Force" twist on a stage from Lords of Thunder!  That's right!

The reason I'm announcing this now is so that you can all provide your input as to which level you want to see.  Feel free to post your favorite levels from the following games:

Thunder Force 1 -
Thunder Force 2 -
Thunder Force 3 -
Thunder Force 4 -
Thunder Force 5 -
Thunder Force 6 -
Gate of Thunder -
Lords of Thunder -

If you have any "dream enhancements" that you think would be cool to see in any of these levels, then post that too.  No promises, of course, but it would be cool to give the stages an extra Turbo Twist!
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

touko

Cool, have you some screenshots, or development has not yet started ??

shubibiman

:shock:
That's a very ambitious project you've got here!
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 11/06/2009, 09:05 PMFor Thunder Force 1's overhead level (and for TF2, if an overhead stage is selected) the action will be ramped up to the extreme, as well as providing a radar in the corner of the screen so that babies don't whine about "not being able to find the bases".
I humbly request for the game to exclusively contain overhead stages and for it to be re-titled Thunder Thighs: OCTOLOGY.

This way, the overhead stages will not feel horribly out-of-place.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Intriguing project; it'd be quite interesting to see how well V and VI would scale down to the Turbo.  Can I suggest that you apply some Thunder Force-esqueness to an additional title?  Octo-anything makes me think of that dumb scag of a 'mom' and makes me sad, so how 'bout adding a Thunder Force themed version of J Thunder?  Then you'd have a nonology, I suppose.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Emerald Rocker

I haven't played or even heard of J Thunder, what is it?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 11/09/2009, 12:43 PMI haven't played or even heard of J Thunder, what is it?
I wasn't being entirely serious with that suggestion, though it would make a funny easter egg.  Anyways, it's an unlicensed interactive comic with pR0n!  What's not to love?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

exodus

looking forward to chiptunes renditions of classic TF songs...absolutely include the stage 1 music of TFV - "legendary wings" !!

Turbo D

ThunderForceOctology sounds like a grand idea. I would enjoy playing this. :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

oldskool

Sounds like a great game, especially since I absolutely love Thunder Force, Gate, and Lord!  Do you have any sort of graphics/programming portfolio to share with us so that we know this is something you are capable of?  Not trying to be rude or anything, just been a lot of games that were supposed to be done, then didn't go anywhere.

Irrarce09

Hey Markist, since your event is on the weekend of the 25th. You and your boys need to come down to lake murray the 19th, then me,kevin,ward,bob, and jimmy will come up there on the 25th.  Come on down and represent, and well do thesame.

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

blueraven

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 11/09/2009, 12:43 PMI haven't played or even heard of J Thunder, what is it?
A J of Thunder; have you been listening to Bob Marley?

cjameslv

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 11/06/2009, 09:05 PMObviously it will be a while -- I'm predicting just in time for Christmas 2010 -- but I'm announcing Thunder Force Octology for the Turbo Super-CD.  ......
Try again muthafucka! Christmas 2014 just passed...just sayin

NightWolve

???? Necro'ed from 2009 ? And when did ER ever get into PCE programming ? I don't think he ever developed anything. I also doubt the seriousness of his intentions at the time by the looks of this old thread.

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 12/26/2014, 09:18 PM???? Necro'ed from 2009 ? And when did ER ever get into PCE programming ? I don't think he ever developed anything. I also doubt the seriousness of his intentions at the time by the looks of this old thread.
Emerald Rocker couldn't program a graphing calculator.

He was, quite simply, taunting and mocking the entire team behind TG-CD Mysterious Song (MSR). He thought they would never actually produce a playable demo, let alone a completed game.

...so ER started this thread, about his "grandiose, pie-in-the-sky" Thunderforce Octology...since he thought his concept had as much chance of being created (0%) as MSR.

I still love him, but I also love that he was dead wrong.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I think part of this was prompted too by Aetherbyte's Retrocade project announcement which ended up not turning out as originally planned, since the first two games (Pyramid Plunder and Atlantean) turned out to be much bigger than we thought. 

They stood on their own.

We released the Protocade also.

and did HuCards.

So, fuck the original plan.  Right in the butt.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NightWolve

Aaah OK, yeah, the other thing I thought was some kind of playful trolling going on (not unusual for ER), but weird cjames remembered the thread. :lol:

cjameslv

Quote from: NightWolve on 12/27/2014, 10:01 AMAh OK, yeah, the other thing I thought was some kind of playful trolling going on (not unusual for ER), but weird cjames remembered the thread. Heh.
Well, it's more like i was walking around in the dark and stumbled over it while looking for homebrew to play on my everdrive yesterday.

Emerald Rocker

I had actually started working on this, but then I made the mistake of playing J Thunder (blame Necromancer) and switched plans in light of that game's magnificence.   Now I'm working on a compilation disc called "J Thunder Books I & II & III & IV & V".  It'll be released on or around Christmas 2024.