@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Last Night, Patton Oswalt Went on an Epic Twitter Rampage and Here it Is Read mo

Started by EvilEvoIX, 04/03/2015, 12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilEvoIX

I thought this was brilliant satire but a very under rated comic. 

"Inspired by The Daily Show Trevor Noah controversy, the comedian took to Twitter with a 53-part piece of performance art like nothing the medium has ever seen, satirizing the ongoing death of comedy."

Brilliant.

Here it is re-posted here in its entirety:
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/last-night-patton-oswalt-went-on-the-most-epic-twitter-ramage-and-here-it-is#6gpSOiqv0bhBMmkI.99
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NecroPhile

Only the final tweet was even remotely humorous.  The rest is contrived and belabored well beyond the point of being clever.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jlued686

Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/03/2015, 01:09 PMOnly the final tweet was even remotely humorous.  The rest is contrived and belabored well beyond the point of being clever.
Ooooohhhhhoooohhhh! It's a comedy expert! ;)

But subjective opinions of humor aside, the point is valid. I'm so fucking sick of hearing how offended people are. We live in a society of thin-skinned pussies.

jlued686

I was just joking, though. I agree that it went on a bit, but that was sorta the point, I think. The article sort of over-sold it, right? Jesus...

Quotea 53-part piece of performance art like nothing the medium has ever seen
Take a breath, buddy.

Nevertheless, as I said, it's a point worth making again and again since every other day some group of pussholes are whining about something a comedian said.

EvilEvoIX

The point had to made.  I agree it is a diatribe but it got attention.  People are being crucified for making any joke that can be considered offensive to anyone and the persons livelihood is constantly being threatened.  Only the cream of the crop ( Chris Rock, Louie C.K.) or those who truly don't give a fuck (Ari Shaffir, Sarah Siverman) can get away with offensive comedy.

For those looking for a more poignant opinion on the subject, Comedian Jim Norton's take is nothing short of brilliant.

Link:  http://time.com/3766915/trevor-noah-tweets-outrage/

Regards
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

jlued686

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2015, 01:34 PMOoooohhhhhoooohhhh! It's a comedy expert! ;)
Why didn't you bitch about evo labeling it as 'brilliant'?  I guess if someone doesn't share your viewpoint, they're assholes with incorrect opinions but it's all good if you agree.

Go fuck yourself.

mitsuman

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2015, 01:09 PMThe rest is contrived and belabored well beyond the point of being clever.
That's kind of Patton Oswalt's thing. He "peaked" maybe 10 years ago. Now he's "look at me, I have commentary on social issues while being clever and funny"
If you can't tell, I'm not a big fan.

esteban

THIS POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PATTON OR DEATH OF COMEDY:

It is so fucking easy to be shocking. Or offensive. Or nasty. Or blasphemous. Or inappropriate. Or mean. Or malicious.

It really is.

I have respect for folks who are actually witty.

To be witty AND offensive?

That's even better. But it really requires skill and wit to pull it off.

To simply be offensive and think you are doing something worthwhile?

Pathetic.

And sad.

Happy Jesus Friday.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

VenomMacbeth

We live in the same society we've been living, only now everyone has a voice & can rattle their dumbass opinions off to at least 30-50 people plus.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/03/2015, 08:13 PMWe live in the same society we've been living, only now everyone has a voice & can rattle their dumbass opinions off to at least 30-50 people plus.
That's true, and if you don't follow those specific ideologies people try to get you fired or even get your kids taken away.  You have to tow a specific ideology or they try to destroy you.  As Norton stated they have become what they hate and are the bullies, the thought police, the race baiters, and the like.

Gawker wanted to destroy this guy, Gawker loves sticking their noses up peoples asses and pull out information out of context and simply shaming these people over what they deem offensive.  It's sickening
IMGIMGIMG

geise

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2015, 01:45 PMDamn you, Evo.  I want the last 2 minutes of my life back.
I feel the same when I read your posts.

O:)

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2015, 09:08 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 04/03/2015, 09:00 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/03/2015, 08:13 PMWe live in the same society we've been living, only now everyone has a voice & can rattle their dumbass opinions off to at least 30-50 people plus.
That's true, and if you don't follow those specific ideologies people try to get you fired or even get ypur kids taken away.  You have to toe a specific ideology or they try to destroy you.  As Norton stated they have become what they hate and are the bullies, the thought police, the race baiters, and the like.

Gawker wanted to destroy this guy, Gawker loves sticking their noses up peoples asses and pull out information out of context and simply shaming these people over what they deem offensive.  It's sickening 
The ultimate irony is that bigots are panty-twisted about being bigoted for being bigots.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Full Agreement!!!

[/thread]
IMGIMGIMG

jlued686

Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/03/2015, 03:05 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/03/2015, 01:34 PMOoooohhhhhoooohhhh! It's a comedy expert! ;)
Why didn't you bitch about evo labeling it as 'brilliant'?  I guess if someone doesn't share your viewpoint, they're assholes with incorrect opinions but it's all good if you agree.

Go fuck yourself.
Haha...Jesus man, take a step back and calm down. I said I was joking. I guess I should've double-winky-faced to make that clearer. God damn! ;) ;) ;)

You sure added a lot of conjecture into my post. You also missed the part where I said they oversold the whole thing. But hey, rage on, pal!

NecroPhile

You remind me of this guy:
What kind of jackball thinks saying 'just kidding' means a damn thing after essentially telling someone to shut the hell up and screw off?

I repeat: go fuck yourself.

jlued686

And what kind of overreactionary jackball takes "Oooohooooh! A comedy expert! ;)" to mean "shut the hell up and screw off"? Especially when it was followed by (before you responded), AND I QUOTE: "I was just joking."

I repeat: rage on, pal.

NecroPhile

You're a fucking moron!  But I'm only kidding, so we're good, right?  RIGHT?!?

If only I could share your opinion that Patton Oswalt is the funniest guy in the world, then we could be besties.  :lol:

jlued686

Here's what one innocent comment said to you:

-You're an asshole with incorrect opinions.
-You should shut the hell up and screw off.
-My opinion is that Patton Oswalt is the funniest guy in the world.

I understand that things can get lost in translation on forums, but Jesus Christ! Clarifying ahead of time that it was a joke apparently doesn't cut it so I guess need to be more delicate with how I address you in the future so I don't call down the thunder!

I'm not sure why you're being such a hardass about this, especially since I've gone on record as a fan of yours, but I give. Uncle. You win. Congratulations! I've insulted you, however unintentionally, and for that I apologize...I suppose.

Fucking hell...

VenomMacbeth

My purely subjective conjecture on this little spat...

Jlued: look at this thing!

Necro: that thing sucks.

Jlued: *slightly patronizing sarcastic remark* but anyway...

Necro: Go fuck yourself.

That escalated quickly, eh?  Maybe he's getting his panties in a twist to be ironic in a thread for bitching about how people get their panties in a twist too much.  Though this isn't the first time Necro's dropped a bummer bomb on a thread...maybe he just needs hugs?

Either way, the one that resorts to dismissive cursing first is the clear loser.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

When I read something that says "Epic",  "Twitter" or "Rampage" I think of dick pics and Rampage on the Master System.  I never had a chance to own the Master System version of rampage.. but I hope to change that fortune someday...  I mean, I've got the NES one, but it pales in comparison to the power of the Master System.  Or so I've heard.

All in all, a pretty big let down on this thread.  No dick pics, no rampage.... super sad.

I'm going to try to fix:
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jlued686

Sorry Nulltard. I hate idiotic forum drama; especially when I'm a participant.

Long live DoxPhile!

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 04/06/2015, 01:17 PMYou remind me of this guy:
What kind of jackball thinks saying 'just kidding' means a damn thing after essentially telling someone to shut the hell up and screw off?

I repeat: go fuck yourself.
Those fucktards got what was coming to them. If you assault or threaten to assault someone you best be ready to get your arse handed to you.  NecroPhile you just made my day with this one.

mitsuman

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/06/2015, 02:43 PMWhen I read something that says "Epic",  "Twitter" or "Rampage" I think of dick pics and Rampage on the Master System.  I never had a chance to own the Master System version of rampage.. but I hope to change that fortune someday...  I mean, I've got the NES one, but it pales in comparison to the power of the Master System.  Or so I've heard.

All in all, a pretty big let down on this thread.  No dick pics, no rampage.... super sad.

I'm going to try to fix:
Man that game was great. I can't tell you how many quarters I dropped into that arcade game. I think I played it on NES as well, but nothing was as great as the arcade version.

NecroPhile

"I give up!  I hate forum dwama!"

<<  runs to fighting street for more tear soaked cheerios  >>

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/06/2015, 02:31 PMThat escalated quickly, eh?  Maybe he's getting his panties in a twist to be ironic in a thread for bitching about how people get their panties in a twist too much.
One could argue it was more clever than Oswalt's attempt at irony, no?  Whatever it was, jlued sure ate it up.

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/06/2015, 02:31 PMEither way, the one that resorts to dismissive cursing first is the clear loser.
If you can't handle naughty words, stay off the internet or at least confine yourself to your frozen fan forum.

P.S. - Go fuck yourself.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 04/06/2015, 03:25 PMIf you can't handle naughty words, stay off the internet or at least confine yourself to your frozen fan forum.

P.S. - Go fuck yourself.

There you go with the assumptions again.  Did I say I couldn't handle it?  Sometimes I'm surprised nobody's called me out for using the wordy derds...but then I remember Arkhan posts here. Lol

I just found it odd that your eloquently delivered critique on Oswald's rant was followed up with such an inarticulate dismissal.

Sorry, but if you can't win your arguments without cursing, then you're a dolt.

Also, I've yet to see Frozen.  Since you mentioned it & have therefore clearly seen it, is it any good?  I don't really do the CGI Disney stuff so I've avoided it thus far...
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

jlued686

I don't even know what the hell is going on anymore. Was it a clever/ironic ruse? Did I play into your hands like a simpleton? I have no clue. If not, you're sure one crabby motherfucker.

NecroPhile

I am indeed a crabby motherfucker, but that's neither here nor there; and now that you've said the f-word, VenomMcDouche thinks we're both idiots.  But that's okay - he still looks cute in his blond wig and long, blue dress.

Whatever this shit is, it's funny.... to me anyway.  It sure is easy to get all worked up over very little and to keep beating a dead horse, even after you've claimed to have given up.

jlued686

Trust me: I've given up and conceded defeat in whatever-this-is.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 04/06/2015, 04:52 PMWhatever this shit is, it's funny.
As someone who gave my unsolicited opinion on your little hissy fit, I agree.  And cursing doesn't make you stupid - defending yourself with curses is stupid.  Pardon me, fucking stupid.  Maybe that'll get the point across to you.

Mainly I just wanted to call you out & get your goat for being a Bitchy McCrabby-Crybaby-Pants.  And it worked.  ^-^ And to add to my satisfaction, you childishly accused me of being girly.  This is 2015; how is that an insult anymore?

And for the record, it's apparent you don't know me at all.  I prefer brunette/black for my wigs, or something with a vibrant color like purple or blue.  I like my dresses in black or burgundy, because I'm a classy bitch.  I like to be pretty sometimes.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 04/06/2015, 05:10 PMTrust me: I've given up and conceded defeat in whatever-this-is.
I noticed.  Those passive aggressive snipes were a dead giveaway.

jlued686

You're not only crabby, but you also seem to be super sensitive. What's the end game here? What's the goal? To be Captain Internet: Keyboard Warrior? Because yeah: you win.

NecroPhile

I could ask the same of you, buddy.  What's YOUR end game?   Gonna keep up with those backhanded insults, hoping I eventually rage quit or something?

Fuck yeah!  Ride that high horse into the sunset!

jlued686

I'm not seeing any insults coming your way. "Crabby motherfucker"? Is that an insult? "Sensitive"?

Dude, what the hell?  I've gone out of my way to say, hey, I meant nothing by my comment and that I've been a fan of yours on this forum. Most people would respond, "Hey no problem. It was a misunderstanding." But nothing seems to appease you.

Honestly, I'm not sure why I'm continuing either, other than I'm completely baffled by this whole thing. You're like a riddle. So sure, let's continue the circle-jerk.

jlued686

Ha!

You know what? On second thought: sorry for stringing this along. And Necro: sincerely, sorry if I insulted you with anything I posted after the original "comedy expert" thing, which I swear was not meant to insult. If I came off as passive-aggressive, it's just because I was surprised by how this all turned out. So yeah: sorry.

I'm just going to pretend this was a meta-commentary on the original topic, let it go at that, and go have a few drinks.

jlued686

Quote from: Nulltard on 04/06/2015, 07:15 PMJuled and Venom, NecroPhile told me you should both move to one of those states where weed and interspecies unions are legal, then secede from the forums.
If he said that, I'd just send more good vibes his way.

You hear that, Necro? I'm just gonna love you more!

But on an unrelated note: I like "Juled". I created my account over a decade ago and wish I could change my stupid profile name.

VenomMacbeth

Doesn't Joe live in one of those states? ;)

Anyway, weed is fine, but the interspecies union would be a little harder to explain to my kid...

And secede?  No way!  I'm not trying to start my own Duoph--ermmm...ahem, FORUM, myself.  This circus is enough entertainment for moi. 

But in all honesty, no hard feelings to anyone my post may have offended.  Even you, Necro.  I didn't mean to insinuate that you're a cunt, but even if I did, always remember this: balls are sensitive, but a pussy can take a pounding!
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

wildfruit

synbiosfan

EE just pwned a lot of sandy manginas with this thread =D&gt;

I knew it wouldn't end well :P

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 04/06/2015, 07:20 PMBut on an unrelated note: I like "Juled". I created my account over a decade ago and wish I could change my stupid profile name.
Your displayed name can be changed; only your login ID is stuck.

Quote from: wildfruit on 04/06/2015, 07:33 PMGoverrats win PERFECT
Finally some lulz!  :lol:

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: mitsuman on 04/06/2015, 03:14 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/06/2015, 02:43 PMWhen I read something that says "Epic",  "Twitter" or "Rampage" I think of dick pics and Rampage on the Master System.  I never had a chance to own the Master System version of rampage.. but I hope to change that fortune someday...  I mean, I've got the NES one, but it pales in comparison to the power of the Master System.  Or so I've heard.

I'm going to try to fix:
Man that game was great. I can't tell you how many quarters I dropped into that arcade game. I think I played it on NES as well, but nothing was as great as the arcade version.
I want Atari 7800 Rampage now!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!