What does a truly "Complete" Vasteel look like?

Started by MotherGunner, 01/27/2009, 09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

nectarsis

I have only seen a copy with the sleeve once.  It was an action on Ebay and was BEAT.  IIRC Exile 2 also had a sleeve (sadly mine does not).  Are there any others?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Press_Run

You and I probably saw the same auction, nectarsis. I got a near complete Vasteel right here including map, manual, and cd game (though baffles me why they two places to put the cd) with the only thing missing is the slipcase from reaching the pedestal of completeness.

Though there was someone on the DP forums selling 5 rare Turbo games including Exile II with slipcase, but he was kinda greedy and wanted top dollar for all of them. Offered $75 but he refused. *sigh* Those slipcases are going to be the death of me cause find two slips of specific, rare paper isn't going to be easy.   :(

NecroPhile

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/27/2009, 09:38 PMAre there any others?
Since all the other Working Designs games came in boxes, probably not (excepting the SG titles of course).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

it has a slippy thing I believe.  Because WD always goes over the top with stuff.

ill check my friends copy and see how his is.  He bought it new.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sensei

I find it interesting that the WD special editions were often far beyond the Japanese special editions they were trying to emulate.

WD was in no way a perfect company but I miss how delightfully over the top they were.

SignOfZeta

Well, you could say the spirit lives on. Special Editions are very common now. Even Street Fighter IV has a special edition, and no other SF game ever did.

Of course this sort of thing might have been set into motion by WD, but you can always wonder.

The practice of truly supernatural delays, (another WD innovation) is popular now too. Gran Turismo 5, for example, would make Vic proud.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Alot of the delays were worth it with WOrking Designs though.  It made sprinting to the mall from 5th grade alot more fun that day it did come out.  I literally ran 4 miles without stopping and showed up and just went

"LUNAR.  NEED.... NOW.... PLEASE" and dropped a fistful of change and bills down.  Lol.

.....Then I ran home, and let the glory commence.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!