OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Another noob question: System Cards...

Started by Kitsunexus, 11/18/2007, 03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunexus

Yeah, I really don't know crap about this system. :lol:

Here are the questions:

1. Why do you need System Cards, what do they add to the console?

2.  How many cards are there?

3. What is the best card, and why?
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Joe Redifer

1. Pure, unadulterated power!  Oh, and a BIOS.

2. Bunches.

3.  Arcade Card.  It'll run everything unless you try to turn into a beast in Altered Beast.  If you don't you can beat the game and the card will run everything else except lame-o bootleg hentai games which only complete losers who like licking anus enjoy (the games are all about unwiped anus licking).

guyjin

the system cards are a combination of RAM and a driver for the CDROM. without a system card, you cannot play cd games because the system doesn't know it exists. there are several variations of the system card, but the 4 you need to know about:

1.0; the first one, japan only. some games will only work with this one.
2.0; the one americans got with the cd attachment.
super system; included inside the duo. requires a separate card if you have the old combo.
arcade system. the last one. japan only. comes in two flavors, pro and duo. the duo version only works with duos; the pro works with anything (i think.)

Kitsunexus

NecroPhile

Word.  I'll add that the anus licking system cards were included with the anus linking games and weren't available separately (their street name is Games Express, by the way).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Kitsunexus

I <3 hentai games. So lemme guess, the System Card is also a encryption/copy protection card, so the unlicensed cards utilize a non-encrypted CD driver and BIOS?

WoodyXP

"I bathe in AES carts."

NecroPhile

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 11/19/2007, 01:18 AMI <3 hentai games. So lemme guess, the System Card is also a encryption/copy protection card, so the unlicensed cards utilize a non-encrypted CD driver and BIOS?
I don't think there's any encryption; Games Express just didn't want to get sued.  Unlicensed would mean no dev. kit and no access to the system cards.  By making their own cards, they didn't have to reverse engineer a real system card and expose themselves to a corporate ass raping.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!