what are your next console purchase forecasts?

Started by Tatsujin, 07/15/2008, 06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

as for me:

FM Towns Marty (Model 1 or 2)
JVC Wondermega
Super Grafx (rebuy)
AV Famicom (rebuy)
PC-FX (rebuy)
PS2 (rebuy)
NGC (rebuy) + GBA Adaptor
1-Chip MSX 2
Complete PCE LT or DUO Monitor (teh lol)
I DO NOT KNOW, HUMAN!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

WoodyXP

I just want to get a PCE LT.  Nothing else matters anymore.  One of the recycle centers in my area is offering to buy them.. so I ping that place
every weekend in hopes that somebody coughs one up.   [-o&lt;

"I bathe in AES carts."

Rainbow_Bright

After I get the cdrom2, I think I will get a neo geo cd.

guyjin

In the relatively near future, a 3D0.

But I want to fill out the libraries of my most recent aquisitions first.

Sinistron

SuperGrafx and perhaps one day a LaserActive.  That is all.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

MissaFX

Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Ceti Alpha

Handheld: Pandora

But I do want a Supergrafx and SuperCDROM2 combo unit. A Wii is probably in the near future as well.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

geise

I'd love to get my hands on a FM Towns Marty.  I would also like to get a 3DO.  I still don't know if I am getting a PS3 or 360.  I might not since I have so much amazing "old school" stuff I need to play through.

Paisa49

NecroPhile

A PC-FX and LaserActive will someday find homes with me, and I'll probably nab one of the next-gen systems when I can pick one up for beans after the next-next-gens are released.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

geise

Man I remember seeing a LaserActive on display at a Costco (I believe) in Florida.  It was around 93 or 94.  I think it was a Taito shooter on display similar to Microcosm or Novastorm.  I was blown away.  I was realy blown away by the fact that it could play Mega CD/Mega Drive, PC-Engine and CD, plus the Laser Active games.  Then I was blown away by the price.  It was kinda funny.  My dad was so debating about helping me buy it.  I was going to sell all my systems for it.  Sadly it never happened though.  I think I'll add it to my list of wanted systems.

guyjin

You know what? It's so hard to find FM towns stuff because the demand is so high.

If we want them for ourselves, we either have to increase supply (impossible) or reduce demand.

Therefore, we need to start convincing noobs that the FM Towns actually sucks.  :twisted:

How can we do this?  :-k

nat

I have no current console buying plans. I have all I need. If SEGA ever releases another console, we'll talk.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: nat on 07/15/2008, 12:29 PMI have no current console buying plans. I have all I need. If SEGA ever releases another console, we'll talk.
haha. So, you're never going to buy another console.  :P
IMG

nat

Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Rainbow_Bright

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_LaserActive

oh nice :)

I've been on a bit of  a laserdisc buying spree at the moment, got clockwork orange and texas chainsaw massacre the other day :)

nectarsis

EVENTUALLY plan on getting a PS3 (hopefully a 60GB unit for the most backwards compatibility) as my PS2 died awhile ago, and so many games are being neglected.

Also plan on getting:

PC Engine LT
PC Engine GT
Tubo Express
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

CrackTiger

I want to get another Neo Geo CD system, since mine was pretty much DOA.

Eventually I want to get a newer PSP so that I can't hook it up to a TV.

When I finally get a bigger 1080p TV for the living room, I'm going to need a second BluRay player for the bedroom and it may very well be a second PS3.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Joe Redifer

Being that the PS3 is the world's best Blu-ray player (and by most accounts, the cheapest) it'd be crazy to get anything else.  But who knows... things may change by the time you get your TV.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/15/2008, 04:52 PMBeing that the PS3 is the world's best Blu-ray player (and by most accounts, the cheapest) it'd be crazy to get anything else.  But who knows... things may change by the time you get your TV.
There is already one here at Walmart for $100 less than the cheapest PS3. Now that BluRay is the standard, the players should continue to get cheaper. I don't need one that is fully featured, since it'll only be for casual viewing of BluRay and dvd videos.

It'd also be nice to have a flat, non-PS3 shaped player with a streamlined remote.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TR0N

PS3 by the fall i hope so since i wanna play,MGS4 and Big Little Planet.

Other then the useal buying games for my older consoles.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 07/15/2008, 05:42 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/15/2008, 04:52 PMBeing that the PS3 is the world's best Blu-ray player (and by most accounts, the cheapest) it'd be crazy to get anything else.  But who knows... things may change by the time you get your TV.
There is already one here at Walmart for $100 less than the cheapest PS3. Now that BluRay is the standard, the players should continue to get cheaper. I don't need one that is fully featured, since it'll only be for casual viewing of BluRay and dvd videos.

It'd also be nice to have a flat, non-PS3 shaped player with a streamlined remote.
I'll probably just go with a regular Blu-ray player. Once the 360 is hacked I'll be getting that sucker for streaming in 1080p. The original xbox can apparently stream in 1080p, but I guess it's touch and go.
IMG

atr3yu

I have no problem's streaming HD content on my 360 even via wifi. Now my Xbox doesn't do 90% of the 720P videos I have let alone 1080P :lol: The 360 rox since that fall update. It's divx play back is damn near flawless and will play almost any file. Unlike the PS3 though it has since gotten a little better.

JoshTurboTrollX

I'm looking at NEO GEO MVS pretty seriously at the moment....
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: atr3yu on 07/16/2008, 03:34 PMI have no problem's streaming HD content on my 360 even via wifi. Now my Xbox doesn't do 90% of the 720P videos I have let alone 1080P :lol: The 360 rox since that fall update. It's divx play back is damn near flawless and will play almost any file. Unlike the PS3 though it has since gotten a little better.
Your original Xbox doesn't stream 720p HD at all? Shit! My xbmc setup is wifi.  :(
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/16/2008, 11:17 PMI'm looking at NEO GEO MVS pretty seriously at the moment....
If you do it will pay off in the end given how mvs is dirt cheap.

Not to mention how it pays itself off in the long run.

Yeah some people can be happy with a emu or some collection,but it doesn't beat the real deal.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

PCEngineHell

sometimes I consider getting a 3DO again,so who knows. Other then that,a PCE Duo,maybe Jag or Master System. Not much else.

Retro MJM

I plan on getting an Xbox 360 and PS3 once I get a job once I move to Connecticut.

Turbo D

I may get a Wii soon. lol. Yep, turbo D wants a Wii. I want to play the new Animal Crossing that is going to come out for it soon. I also want to compete in the StarSoldierR high score thread.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Sparky

i want to get my hairy palms on a Core Grafx II or maybe a Nomad, which would be more handy for some of my genny shooters i need to spend more time with  :-k

Lochlan

Now that I have a vectrex and Neo Geo and PC Engine and these types of things, pretty much the only things I want now are really exotic.

In particular, I really want a Sharp x68000.  A remake of Gradius 2 [MSX] and Castlevania?  Hell yes, sign me up.

I want other Japanese computers as well, but the x68000 is really at the top of my list.

(The only thing that keeps me from buying one is my voracious appetite for PCBs.)

I also plan to buy a Neo Geo CD after the translation of the SamSho RPG is released.
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

Ceti Alpha

Good call on the X68K. It's teh computer of teh future.  8)
IMG

rolins

Probably a japanese 360 if and when Ketsui ever becomes a reality.

Digi.k

Quote from: rolins on 08/07/2008, 01:21 PMProbably a japanese 360 if and when Ketsui ever becomes a reality.
I would love a japanese 360 too.. those japanese shmups don't look like they're coming here... >_<