10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Tengao Makyo returns...

Started by nectarsis, 09/19/2010, 03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nectarsis

Not sure as I've seen it both ways (MMO or not).  Still could be promising.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/19/tengai_makyo_artwork/
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

ParanoiaDragon

Hmm, so it's a PC game..........where no one plays PC games unless they are hentai based, even Falcom gave up on the PC!  So, this means even less chance of getting it over here....but, I suppose more chance somebody could translate it.  And....7?  What happened to 5 & 6?  I think there was one game on the GBC or GBA, but, I don't think either of those were 5 or 6.
IMG

SignOfZeta

If its a browser based MMO there is zero chance of anyone fan translating it because it won't be possible to even obtain the entire thing at once.

10th game in the series, the 7th RPG.

Tengai Makyo: Ziria (PCE)
Tengai Makyo II: Manji Maru (PCE)
Tengai Makyo: Fuun Kabuki Den (PCE)
Tengai Makyo Zero (SFC)
Tengai Makyo: The Apocolypse IV (Saturn)
Tengai Makyo III: Namida (PS2)

And then there are the fighters:

Tengai Makyo: Kabuki Itouryodan (PCE)
Tengai Makyo: Karakuri Kakutoden (PC FX)
Tengai Makyo: Makyou Shinden (NeoGeo)

None of them are on GBA or GBC, but Maji Maru did get ported to DS.

Although little is shown, I'm more interested in this than the boring as shit Namida.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Doh, the MMO thing went over my head!  In regards to where's 5 & 6.  Kabukiden is a gaiden, or atleast, that's what I've always been told.  And Zero ofcoarse, is, well zero.  But yeah, maybe they do mean the 7th RPG in general?
IMG

SignOfZeta

Yes, they mean the 7th game in the RPG series.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 09/20/2010, 02:55 AMIf its a browser based MMO there is zero chance of anyone fan translating it because it won't be possible to even obtain the entire thing at once.

10th game in the series, the 7th RPG.

Tengai Makyo: Ziria (PCE)
Tengai Makyo II: Manji Maru (PCE)
Tengai Makyo: Fuun Kabuki Den (PCE)
Tengai Makyo Zero (SFC)
Tengai Makyo: The Apocolypse IV (Saturn)
Tengai Makyo III: Namida (PS2)

And then there are the fighters:

Tengai Makyo: Kabuki Itouryodan (PCE)
Tengai Makyo: Karakuri Kakutoden (PC FX)
Tengai Makyo: Makyou Shinden (NeoGeo)

None of them are on GBA or GBC, but Maji Maru did get ported to DS.

Although little is shown, I'm more interested in this than the boring as shit Namida.
There's a GBA Tengai Makyou game called Oriental Blue.

I tried to find a copy on ebay, but all I found was the guide for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tengai-Makyou-Oriental-Blue-GBA-Guide-Book-Japanese-/250687201555?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5e1f2113
--DragonmasterDan

SignOfZeta

Yeah, that doesn't really count. It doesn't even say "Tengai Makyo" on the box, as all the other games do, but rather "Ao no Tengai" (Blue Tengai). I guess we'd have to admit it was related, but certainly not part of the main series, or even as relevant as the fighting games.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Wasn't there originally supposed to be 2 or 3 GBA games that were all specifically connected?  Or am I getting that mixed up with a different series?
IMG

NecroPhile

There's also Deden No Den, though it's not a real release and is only peripherally related.  Are there any other games like it in the Tengai Makyou universe?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SignOfZeta

IMG