RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Someone HAS to have done this before (SCART to Commodore 1080 via RGB)

Started by SignOfZeta, 03/06/2011, 09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignOfZeta

I can't imagine why this wouldn't be possible, easy even, and if it is possible it must have been done 1000 times, but it just isn't working for me on my friend's monitor.

Has anyone ever hacked a SCART socket into a 1080? If so, what exactly did you do? I have female SCART sockets, DB9s, and wire. I think I'm hooking them up right...but I get absolutely no signal. Composite works fine.
IMG

madmansmith

SignOfZeta

For the moment this isn't a PCE thing. I'm trying to go from over the counter SCART cables for other systems (SNES, Gen, SMS) to the 9 pin in the back of the monitor. I'll worry about PCE when I get the other stuff working.

I guess I just need to know which pins on the SCART socket to use. Clearly I'm doing it wrong.
IMG

madmansmith

Thats cool, I actually have my TG16 and a regular PC going over to a 1080S, but I must admit, I am not using a SCART cable. We dont have'em here in Canada. So for sure, it can be done. So I will have to defer to another for an SCART pinout.

incrediblehark

checking over my notes when i built a scart to bnc cable, i used Red (15), Green (11), Blue (7), and Video Out / Sync (19). now i also used R G B Sync grounds (13, 9, 5, 17) individually because of BNC's style of plug, but you could probably get away with using Common ground (21) on your DB9. I would also recommend using a male/femal scart extension, cutting off the male and and making the cable into an adapter. I don't have a 1080 monitor so I'm sorry I can't help more.

staxx

I had someone make one for me and he used a LM1881 chip to filter out unwanted the noise. He used the same schematic as hooking RGB to a 1084 9 pin. I will have to dig out where the schematics are.