10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What Happenend to the Online Rarity Guide on Digital Press?

Started by chany60126, 01/29/2011, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chany60126

I was wondering if any of you guys know what happened to the online rarity guide that used to be on the left hand column of their website. I found their rarity guide to be very useful even though their price listings were out of date. I am hoping maybe the rarity guide is buried under some other link.

SignOfZeta

I told them so shove it up their ass. They must have done so.
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/29/2011, 03:00 PMI told them so shove it up their ass. They must have done so.
Hah!  That guide was so far off.  Primal Rage PSX more rare than Jag CD?  Laseractive games that pop up on ebay once every 2-3 years the same rarity as a NES game that is listed 50 times a month?

chany60126

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/29/2011, 03:00 PMI told them so shove it up their ass. They must have done so.
How'd it fit, with all the idjuts on there's heads shoved so far up there also.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nectarsis

The guide went to the place their site resides when their site goes down almost weekly...the "oldest/biggest/best retro gaming site out there" that they can't ever seem to keep up  :roll: :lol: :lol:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

blueraven

SignOfZeta

Quote from: chany60126 on 01/29/2011, 04:41 PMWhich rarity guides do you guys use?
When I want a game (or record, or movie, or whatever) I try to remember when the last time I saw it was, what it went for then, try to imagine if it will ever be in print again or released in a compilation, how many regions did it come out in, who currently owns the rights, etc. Then I just pick a number and offer this number to someone with the game. If I can't get the game for that amount of money or trade, I try again a year later. If this never works out, then its "rare-ish" and I give up, deciding that it must be too valuable for my pocketbook. By this logic I have decided that Saturn Bomberman isn't very rare, Astra Superstars is legitimately rare, and almost any Laseractive game that isn't Pyramid Patrol is more much more rare than either. If I can't even find a guy who owns it and will admit it, then the thing is really fucking rare. ie: Daicon Film on LD.

In other words, I use my brain. Its not perfect, but it was, like yours, 3 billion years in the making. Its pretty bad ass. Don't sell your's short.

Rarity guides are great for dudes that own a pawn shop and just want to know how much to ask for the 1.5 million baseball cards someone just traded in. They aren't very useful or accurate to private people dealing in reasonable quantities of shit.

The biggest problem with lists like this is that the people most interested in making such lists are, in general, the sort of people who love hype. The idea of a things "worth" or "value" going up excites them. These are the people who are attracted to Turbo/PCE in the first place because they heard it was an expensive system to collect for. They want the glamour...so the last thing they are going to tell you is that such and such a game is only worth $1.

Another problem with systems like the Turbo is that the scene in the US is and always has been pretty small, it was more-or-less pre-internet, and the companies that sold the stuff weren't very transparent about it. Anyone who claims they know how many copies of such and such game exists is %99.9 talking out of his ass. All that shit is just guesswork, for the most part.
IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

Quote from: esteban on 01/30/2011, 12:28 AM
Quote from: chany60126 on 01/29/2011, 04:41 PMWhich rarity guides do you guys use?
I think the question was answered :)
I use my shop prices and rarity level :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/31/2011, 11:34 AM
Magic Eight Ball.
I got a kick ass Yoda one man.  Talk about sweet results.