10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

MSR *WILL* be finished, come hell or high water... hell more likely.

Started by OldRover, 08/16/2011, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: RegalSin on 01/11/2012, 11:53 PMDo everybody a favor and do not plastic wrap the game.
plastic wrap is for gays.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 01/11/2012, 11:51 PMare you sure you don't mean duplicating?

That's the one where they just use a mass-copy machine and make a buncha CD-R/DVD-R's for you
Semantics.  Who needs 'em. :P  Discmakers provides a real DVD.  The CX-1 I use these days just makes burned CD/DVDs.

Arkhan Asylum

It's not really semantics though lol, they are two entirely different processes.

One is fast and cheap, the other is expensive and takes awhile (but gives nicer product!)
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Update: the deed is done. The game is as translated as it's gonna get. Not everything in the fixes could be added due to lack of space, and a couple of things were already correct anyway. Final build taking place in a few minutes once I'm sure no more names need to be added to the credits.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

OldRover

Final build has been released to the team. As long as all is in order, this will be going out on the 17th.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Mathius

Quote from: OldRover on 01/12/2012, 01:28 AMFinal build has been released to the team. As long as all is in order, this will be going out on the 17th.
This is great news, Rovie! Thanks for all your hard work, though I half expect my copy to be covered in dry Rover tears. :P

Keranu

Quote from: Mathius on 01/12/2012, 02:11 AM
Quote from: OldRover on 01/12/2012, 01:28 AMFinal build has been released to the team. As long as all is in order, this will be going out on the 17th.
This is great news, Rovie! Thanks for all your hard work, though I half expect my copy to be covered in dry Rover tears. :P
I'll be doing the distribution and you don't want to know what bodily residues linger on my hands...
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

grahf

This is taking way too long. Can I have a refund?

Joking! Joking!
Looking forward to playing it.

Arm

Rover, has the final buid been checked by a tester who reads french fluently ?

Arkhan Asylum

touko

Quote from: Arm on 01/12/2012, 06:31 AMRover, has the final buid been checked by a tester who reads french fluently ?
Yes, yasser arafat, but he died before finish .
Legend says that Kadaffi shall have taken over :P.

The french have to learn spanish now lol .

OldRover

Quote from: Arm on 01/12/2012, 06:31 AMRover, has the final buid been checked by a tester who reads french fluently ?
The final build just came out so I don't know just yet. I'll post a msg for it.

incrediblehark

can't wait to find out what the preorder bonuses are!

Mishran

Soundtrack CD? MSR character figurine? Limited Edition MSR Duo-R? Keep Dreaming? Yeah...

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Mishran on 01/13/2012, 01:04 AMSoundtrack CD? MSR character figurine? Limited Edition MSR Duo-R? Keep Dreaming? Yeah...
Nope, you're waaaaaaay off!  You get a brand new, hot out the mold, Old Rover/Nodtveidt doll that's anatomically correct!
IMG

Mishran

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 01/13/2012, 01:29 AM
Quote from: Mishran on 01/13/2012, 01:04 AMSoundtrack CD? MSR character figurine? Limited Edition MSR Duo-R? Keep Dreaming? Yeah...
Nope, you're waaaaaaay off!  You get a brand new, hot out the mold, Old Rover/Nodtveidt doll that's anatomically correct!
Oh, the horror! The horror!

Senshi

Quote from: Mishran on 01/13/2012, 01:04 AMLimited Edition MSR Duo-R?
Now that would be extraordinary.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

OldRover

Arm, CrackTiger says that he has a friend who speaks French fluently, and they're going to give it a spin tonight to check the script.

Arkhan Asylum

OUI OUI TOREN PARLAY VOUS SPEAR JAMAPLE SWORD SOMETHING

OldRover

I'm glad I don't let you do my translation work. :P

Arkhan Asylum

what, its not like the french need to read anything.  Does their battle system only have RUN

Arm

I see. There were also people here natively speaking french like Shubibiman, Touko or in the french nec community, who I think could have helped checking if asked. :)

OldRover

I put out posts here on the forum, looking for beta testers. Twice, even. :)

RegalSin

I don't really care about what the weapons or names are called. I prefer games where the items, people, and places, are in their original names, even if it is annoying sometimes.

Back on topic? About the original creators invovlement in this??? I think this is really important to all of us, even if it has been a million years
IMGIMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: RegalSin on 01/13/2012, 09:54 AMAbout the original creators invovlement in this??? I think this is really important to all of us, even if it has been a million years
No, God is not involved.  Rover tried to get him, but He didn't return Rover's calls.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: RegalSin on 01/13/2012, 09:54 AMI don't really care about what the weapons or names are called. I prefer games where the items, people, and places, are in their original names, even if it is annoying sometimes.

Back on topic? About the original creators invovlement in this??? I think this is really important to all of us, even if it has been a million years
Spear is the main character's name. 

Arm

Old Rover said " I put out posts here on the forum, looking for beta testers. Twice, even. Smile"

Really ? Too bad nobody applied then.

shubibiman

I didn't because I'm working on other projects and I know I wouldn't be able to work on the 3 of them at the same time. I didn't want to disappoint anyone after making promises I wouldn't be able to take ;)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

touko

Quote from: guest on 01/13/2012, 09:03 AMOUI OUI TOREN PARLAY VOUS SPEAR JAMAPLE SWORD SOMETHING
LOL, arkh you speak french like my right testicle.  :mrgreen:

Arkhan Asylum

Why is your right testicle talking!? =O lol

_Paul

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/13/2012, 12:19 PMWhy is your right testicle talking!? =O lol
Furthermore, what language does his left testicle speak?

Arkhan Asylum

Mishran

Quote from: guest on 01/13/2012, 12:19 PMWhy is your right testicle talking!? =O lol
Everybody's right testicle does Arkan, ya freak!

Arkhan Asylum

mine must be a mute.

must be from all that gayblading.

touko

Quote from: guest on 01/13/2012, 12:19 PMWhy is your right testicle talking!? =O lol
Yes spanish, german, and actualy english  :P

My left is for chinese and japanese language .

Arkhan Asylum

so when you get kicked there does it go ACHTUNG.  NEIN NEIN NEIN! TENGO EL PAIN.

touko

OldRover

Quote from: RegalSin on 01/13/2012, 09:54 AMAbout the original creators invovlement in this??? I think this is really important to all of us, even if it has been a million years
The original developer of the game is Darkness Ethereal, a small group I used to be a part of. The main design of the game was done by Matt "DarkDread" Zuchowski and Julia "Tyranny" Hart. MSR is an extended version, offering an entirely new quest, plus one completely new area to the main game. Matt not only completely approved of the production, he was also given direct access to the files. He's also going to be paid royalties.

blueraven

Ok that makes sense. So is the R for revisited?

jlued686

That's all good info, Rover...but stop humoring RegalSin.

grahf

RegalSin popped up on a bunch of forums long too long ago, and post the same misinformed nonsense on each one. He's either mentally/socially retarded, or mildly trolling. Every single post he makes seems intended to ruffle feathers.

RegalSin

QuoteMatt not only completely approved of the production, he was also given direct access to the files. He's also going to be paid royalties.
And all is right in the world :dance:. The matrix is balanced. The spice flow has haulted. Walt Disney lives. So when does work on the episode "app" begins?
IMGIMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: blueraven on 01/13/2012, 11:14 PMOk that makes sense. So is the R for revisited?
Reborn!  Bwa ha ha ha!  Mysterious Song shall rise AGAIIIIIIIN!
IMG

OldRover

Quote from: blueraven on 01/13/2012, 11:14 PMOk that makes sense. So is the R for revisited?
It means Remake, really. But Mysterious Song Remake, or MSR, is the codename. The actual product release is simply called Mysterious Song. Call it Remake, Revisited, Reborn, Remix, whatever you want. :D

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 01/14/2012, 12:39 PM
It means Remake, really. But Mysterious Song Remake, or MSR, is the codename. The actual product release is simply called Mysterious Song. Call it Remake, Revisited, Reborn, Remix, whatever you want. :D
...Rejuvenated, Refreshed, Refrigerated, Rejoined, RegalSin...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Rehashed, Renovated, Revitalized, Reorganized, Refurbished, ...
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

blueraven

Quote from: esteban on 01/14/2012, 12:51 PM
Quote from: OldRover on 01/14/2012, 12:39 PM
...Rejuvenated, Refreshed, Refrigerated, Rejoined, RegalSin...
LOL awesome, rove, Dragon, Ark, esteban. :lol:

Reconstituted, Remapped, Restocked, Reinflated, Restitution

:D

OldRover

As long as it's not Retarded, Rehabbed, Redundant, or Ridiculous.

Arkhan Asylum

what about reallylame

YEAH I WENT THURRR

=3 lol