RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Dragon Saber....

Started by ddd1234, 09/05/2011, 04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddd1234

Ok, ill replay this game and give you the good news in few days.
OBEY TECH N9NE!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ddd1234 on 09/08/2011, 09:12 PM@Arkhan Try beating Volfied on one credit (as i did). Than Try beating Gradius III Arcade. : l
I beat Mario 3 without dying with my dick strapped to my wrist while chewing on glass.

see, I can make things up too.

pics/vids or it didn't happen.  Put up or shut up. 
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ddd1234

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2011, 12:33 AM
Quote from: ddd1234 on 09/08/2011, 09:12 PM@Arkhan Try beating Volfied on one credit (as i did). Than Try beating Gradius III Arcade. : l
I beat Mario 3 without dying with my dick strapped to my wrist while chewing on glass.

see, I can make things up too.

pics/vids or it didn't happen.  Put up or shut up. 
Enjoy-
Now show me you beating Mario 3 without dying with your dick strapped to your wrist while chewing on glass.
OBEY TECH N9NE!

spenoza

Why are you so forceful about what games you've beaten? And why should we care? I suck at most games, but I play them because I like them. My success or lack of success should be largely irrelevant, and nobody here should care what games I can and cannot beat, or how I beat them. I may wish to brag, but nobody here should care. You seem so emphatic I have to wonder if there's an underlying self-esteem issue.

Edit: In retrospect, this reads more harshly than I think I intended. I apologize. Still, the meat of it is important enough I'm leaving it. Basically, I'm glad you're awesome at shooters. I like watching good shooter longplays on YouTube as I'm a shooter fan. The way you present your skills, however, is such an antithesis of humble that it kinda sounds like you demand we respect your skills, without you putting much else on the table to attempt to draw us in.

As for Dragon Saber, those cheap tricks you complain about can often be got around with a little memorization. Hell, R-type has some dead-ends I think are a little cheap until you've played the levels a few times, but it's still regarded as one of the best early shooters ever created. I think Dragon Saber is regarded more for the music than the gameplay anyway. It does have a rather nice soundtrack. I can't say I've ever thought of Namco as a company strong in the ways of shooters. Once Galaga become old hat they only paid the genre lip service.

Vecanti

I honestly thought this thread was a joke.  I beat Dragon Saber playing on the tiny Express screen without even dying.  I don't know what the whining is about.  This game is so easy.

Vecanti

Quote from: GobanToba on 09/09/2011, 01:36 AMI honestly thought this thread was a joke.  I beat Dragon Saber playing on the tiny Express screen without even dying.  I don't know what the whining is about.  This game is so easy.
Oh yeah, and I had the brightness all the way down and played in direct sunlight.

Otaking

I heard Kenny Powers only plays Dragon Saber.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

SuperDeadite

"Gradius III"?  Considering you listed it next to "R-Type 3", I'm guessing you mean the
SNES version.  If so, congratulations, you've beaten the easiest Gradius game in the entire
series.  Now stop bragging and go play the arcade version.  PUSSY!
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

the Yu0tube vid showed clearly the arcade version on heaviest difficult level.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Quote from: TurboXray on 09/08/2011, 10:58 PMI think you're just so used to being badass, that you're mad that this one's got your goat ;)
I think he's just a trolling whiner that likes to bitch.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/09/2011, 09:39 AMthe Yu0tube vid showed clearly the arcade version on heaviest difficult level.
Interesting fact.  That's Seahawk's video.  Seahawk posts on the shmups forum under the same
exact name of "Seahawk".  He posted that vid long ago.  So why would someone who has accounts
on multiple sits with the same name register here under the totally random "ddd1234" name? 
Cause he's taking credit for another's acheivement.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/09/2011, 09:47 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/09/2011, 09:39 AMthe Yu0tube vid showed clearly the arcade version on heaviest difficult level.
Interesting fact.  That's Seahawk's video.  Seahawk posts on the shmups forum under the same
exact name of "Seahawk".  He posted that vid long ago.  So why would someone who has accounts
on multiple sits with the same name register here under the totally random "ddd1234" name? 
Cause he's taking credit for another's acheivement.
Yeah, i didn't say that dd1234 = seahawk. just refered to the vid he posted. so let's find that out.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/09/2011, 09:47 AMCause he's taking credit for another's acheivement.
Wouldn't be the first time.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2011, 09:55 AM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/09/2011, 09:47 AMCause he's taking credit for another's acheivement.
Wouldn't be the first time.
So your're on the same track?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/09/2011, 09:58 AMSo you're on the same track?
I'm on the crazy train track.  You?

Senshi

Hall of shame...here we come  :P
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

geise

ddd1234

It was suppose to be a joke. He asked for a proof and I gave to him. 

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/09/2011, 08:52 AM"Gradius III"?  Considering you listed it next to "R-Type 3", I'm guessing you mean the
SNES version.  If so, congratulations, you've beaten the easiest Gradius game in the entire
series.  Now stop bragging and go play the arcade version.  PUSSY!
Not very lady like SuperDeadite.
OBEY TECH N9NE!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ddd1234 on 09/09/2011, 01:08 AMNow show me you beating Mario 3 without dying with your dick strapped to your wrist while chewing on glass.
HAHAHAH YOU WANT TO SEE MY WEENER STRAPPED TO MY WRIST. YOURE SILLY.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Opethian

IMG

Vecanti

Level 4 boss.

YAWN....

DragonSaberLvl4Boss.webp

Vecanti

This is cake compared to the stuff I usually beat.  :lol:

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: ddd1234 on 09/09/2011, 10:45 AM
Proof of what?  That you can find a playthrough of a game on youtube and consider that some form of proof that you can clear the game?  If that is the case here is a video of me clearing Image Fight II!
and just for the record, I made this video with my dick scotch taped to my left knee while eating shards of glass just after snorting an 8 inch line of coke.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PunkCryborg

I want this game now, Ill take your copy if it's still up for grabs :)

Opethian

Quote from: GobanToba on 09/09/2011, 12:42 PMLevel 4 boss.

YAWN....

DragonSaberLvl4Boss.webp
holy shit those hi res textures look awful!
IMG

thesteve

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/09/2011, 03:44 PMI want this game now, Ill take your copy if it's still up for grabs :)
i bought it off him elabit

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/09/2011, 02:53 PMand just for the record, I made this video with my dick scotch taped to my left knee while eating shards of glass just after snorting an 8 inch line of coke.
Fuck yeah.

Later im going to stand in a pool of water and teabag a bugzapper while beating Lords of Thunder on hard without getting hit once.

Its easy.

roflmao

roflmfao.jpg

ddd1234

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/09/2011, 02:53 PM
Proof of what?  That you can find a playthrough of a game on youtube and consider that some form of proof that you can clear the game?  If that is the case here is a video of me clearing Image Fight II!
and just for the record, I made this video with my dick scotch taped to my left knee while eating shards of glass just after snorting an 8 inch line of coke.
Wow...you feel proud of beating I.F. 2???

This is one of the easiest shooters ever made IMO (laughs at the VG den dude).

I can 1 CC this bitch anytime.
OBEY TECH N9NE!

nectarsis

Quote from: ddd1234 on 09/09/2011, 08:37 PM

LMAO yet Dragon Sabre is whooping your ass  :roll: :lol: :lol:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

Quote from: Opethian on 09/09/2011, 03:54 PM
YAWN....
DragonSaberLvl4Boss.webp
That looks like an eagle engine to me. worst invention ever.

ddd1234

Quote from: nectarsis on 09/09/2011, 09:04 PM

It is, and I wish the developers tested it B4 releasing. Why did they not flip burgers?
OBEY TECH N9NE!

Tatsujin

Quote from: ddd1234 on 09/09/2011, 09:15 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 09/09/2011, 09:04 PM

It is, and I wish the developers tested it B4 releasing. Why did they not flip burgers?
oh, using known gliches to beat it and call it easy then?

ddd1234

What are you talking about bud? I don't use cheats when attempting to beat a game. It takes away from the satisfaction. If this was the case, I would be pro.
OBEY TECH N9NE!

Vecanti

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/09/2011, 09:04 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 09/09/2011, 03:54 PM
YAWN....
DragonSaberLvl4Boss.webp
That looks like an eagle engine to me. worst invention ever.
I knew I was going to get crap about that!  Sorry I was trying to do a quick Photoshop and didn't want to grab a camera so just fired up an emulator and MagicEngine was the first one I loaded.   I actually thought about re-screen grabbing it while I was in Photoshop adding in the bullets and enemies because of that, but I was to lazy.   :lol:

ddd1234

This is very bad photoshop.
OBEY TECH N9NE!

Vecanti

Quote from: ddd1234 on 09/10/2011, 01:46 AMThis is very bad photoshop.
Is it?  Care to point out which bullets are teh real and which are teh fake then?   :-k   :-"   :mrgreen:

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: ddd1234 on 09/09/2011, 09:21 PMWhat are you talking about bud? I don't use cheats when attempting to beat a game. It takes away from the satisfaction. If this was the case, I would be pro.
No, you just watch videos on youtube of other people beating games.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

_Paul

I once got to STAGE 3 of Space Harrier. Suck on that!

spenoza

Quote from: ddd1234 on 09/09/2011, 09:15 PMIt is, and I wish the developers tested it B4 releasing. Why did they not flip burgers?
Dragon Saber is not some haven of fatal flaws and bad programming, and this attitude you are taking toward it sounds mostly like just bitching and moaning. If you don't like it you don't like it, but blaming the programmers on a game like this is dumb. There are far more deserving titles where blaming the programmers are appropriate.

Really, Dragon Saber is just a development of Dragon Spirit, and Dragon Spirit proved very popular in the arcades, spawning versions on the NES and PCE, which also did well. Dragon Saber is not especially different save looking and sounding a lot better.

ddd1234

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2011, 11:29 AMI once got to STAGE 3 of Space Harrier. Suck on that!
I already beaten space harrier on the PCE. : )

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/10/2011, 08:22 AM
Quote from: ddd1234 on 09/09/2011, 09:21 PMWhat are you talking about bud? I don't use cheats when attempting to beat a game. It takes away from the satisfaction. If this was the case, I would be pro.
No, you just watch videos on youtube of other people beating games.
I am man enough to admit that I've watched R-type videos, and they gave me shortcuts to beating some bosses. That's about it.

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2011, 11:30 AM
Quote from: ddd1234 on 09/09/2011, 09:15 PMIt is, and I wish the developers tested it B4 releasing. Why did they not flip burgers?
Dragon Saber is not some haven of fatal flaws and bad programming, and this attitude you are taking toward it sounds mostly like just bitching and moaning. If you don't like it you don't like it, but blaming the programmers on a game like this is dumb. There are far more deserving titles where blaming the programmers are appropriate.

Really, Dragon Saber is just a development of Dragon Spirit, and Dragon Spirit proved very popular in the arcades, spawning versions on the NES and PCE, which also did well. Dragon Saber is not especially different save looking and sounding a lot better.
There is a reason why this series faded to black. There is a reason why Dragon Saber for PCE is cheap as dirt, considering it's one of the few ports of the game.
I already listed all the flaws. This is a badly designed shooter. I don't know what else to say to get point across.
OBEY TECH N9NE!

spenoza

Quote from: ddd1234 on 09/10/2011, 02:09 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/10/2011, 11:29 AMI once got to STAGE 3 of Space Harrier. Suck on that!
Yeah, and why don't we all compare penis sizes while we're at it! That's all this posturing is, anyway.

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2011, 11:30 AM

There is a reason why this series faded to black. There is a reason why Dragon Saber for PCE is cheap as dirt, considering it's one of the few ports of the game.
I already listed all the flaws. This is a badly designed shooter. I don't know what else to say to get point across.
I disagree. I do not think it is a badly designed shooter. You are not the universal expert on what is and isn't good or bad game design. You don't like the game design. That doesn't make it bad game design. You are not the deciderer. Once you learn the difference between the two you will be a better person. Until then you are an arrogant whiner.

SignOfZeta

I'm not going to say this game is super awesome and flawless or anything, but I fail to see how its any worse than 50 other shooters from the same era with the same problems. Shit was hard back then, often totally unfair. For better or worse, thats just the way it was.
IMG

_Paul

Yeah, but I've beaten Niki Niko Pun as well. The HARDEST game on the PCE.

Vecanti

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2011, 03:05 PMYeah, but I've beaten Niki Niko Pun as well. The HARDEST game on the PCE.
Damn those seagulls!  Oh and the elephants blocking your way with their trunks!  I've played plenty of games (SFII) where the elephant trunks don't stop you at all!  Crap ass programmers!!  :twisted:

Ceti Alpha

Dragon Spirit series is OK. Nothing spectacular, but the games aren't seriously flawed by any stretch of the imagination.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Mathius

...just focus on teh tunes and all will be well. :)

Digi.k

Quote from: Mathius on 09/11/2011, 12:04 AM...just focus on teh tunes and all will be well. :)
teh truth!!

Senshi

I'm starting to think this originates from being a dragon and not a spaceship in the game.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

ddd1234

Ice level=the best tune in Dragon Saber. Rest are pretty meh.
OBEY TECH N9NE!