OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Your favorite non PCE Hudson game

Started by PunkCryborg, 10/23/2011, 05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkCryborg

HudsonBee.webp

They made so many awesome games for so many systems. What is your favorite? What should have had a PCE release?

Mine would be Bulk Slash on Saturn. Imagine if this had a PCFX release with anime cut scenes in between levels! It would've been one of the best releases for it! It's great on the Saturn though. I'm not usually into 3d games like this but this one is so much fun. I've probably played this more than any other Saturn game. I just can't beat the final boss yet!

IMG

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

CrackTiger

If TM/FEOE The Apocalypse IV or PCE ports don't count, then Saturn Bomberman.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Opethian

IMG

PunkCryborg

Any Dino Riki fans out there? This one is a pretty fun prehistoric shooter thats they same style as Elemental Master.
IMG
IMG

TheClash603

Saturn Bomberman is the best Bomberman, thus the best non-pce Hudson game.

roflmao

I know I said earlier in a post I wasn't crazy about Saturn Bomberman, but I must have been on crack at the time.  It has since become one of my favorite Saturn titles (if not my favorite).  The bosses in that game are freaking HARD though!  I don't know about many other Hudson non-PCE games, so I think Saturn Bomberman would get my vote.

It looks like they are also responsible for the Mario Party series, and I've loved the ones I've played so they make a close second. :)

Lilgrafx

I've had a really good time playing through Super Adventure Island 2 lately so I'll go with that.

Arkhan Asylum

Dino Riki and Xexyz for me ,all the way!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

VestCunt

Funny, I just bought Dino Riki for $2 at HPB yesterday.  Good, but jumping over puddles gets annoying.

Otherwise, I haven't played many Hudson games on other systems unless the franchise extends to the TG16 (i.e. Bomberman, Bonk, and Adventure Island).
Topic Adjourned.

Arkhan Asylum

Dino Riki is great. I like watching his noodley arms when he gets hit.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

thrush

My choice is not really in the running as Hudson has many objectively better games, but for purely personal-taste reasons I still really love Milon's Secret Castle.

Senshi

Its not my favorite but one that I really like that not many people mention is Gain Ground SX. I like its variety in levels  and characters and the strategy behind it.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

ccovell

Quote from: Senshi on 10/26/2011, 04:35 PM...not many people mention is Gain Ground SX.
But... this is a PCE game (and a conversion of a Sega one at that)... it goes against the topic.  Are you thinking of some other game, perhaps?

SignOfZeta

I'm going to have to go with Bomberman SS. The Apocalypse IV is pretty damned great though.
IMG

PunkCryborg

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/27/2011, 12:36 PMI'm going to have to go with Bomberman SS. The Apocalypse IV is pretty damned great though.
A translation patch would be incredible for Apocalypse! There is an English walkthrough but don't know if I could devote the time to a game like that with a only a walkthrough. The cut-scenes and style make me drool though.

machomadness

Mine has to be tied between Adventures of Dino-Riki and Adventure Island for the NES. Dino-Riki and I have a love-hate relationship. MAN! I feel like digging out my old review tapes and upping them to YouTube. Simply hilarious as I look back on it. A piece of advice: Turbo fire is not only recommended, it's ENCOURAGED!
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: elabit on 10/27/2011, 01:15 PMA translation patch would be incredible for Apocalypse! There is an English walkthrough but don't know if I could devote the time to a game like that with a only a walkthrough. The cut-scenes and style make me drool though.
That game has a ton of voice acting as well, it would be hard to patch without finding some way to either re-dub it or add subtitles. I played through that a decade or so ago and was very impressed, some really fantastic art, Hudson and Red Company did such a great job with it. I've not played the PSP port of it though, I suppose at some point I should pick it up.

Just on a side note, I agree with Black Tigers assessment wholeheartedly.
--DragonmasterDan

Digi.k

I really should buy bulk slash someday before I completely forget about it..

All sega saturn games:
Saturn Bomberman
Bomberman Fight
Tengai Makyou IV

blueraven

Senshi

Quote from: ccovell on 10/27/2011, 09:46 AM
Quote from: Senshi on 10/26/2011, 04:35 PM...not many people mention is Gain Ground SX.
But... this is a PCE game (and a conversion of a Sega one at that)... it goes against the topic.  Are you thinking of some other game, perhaps?
rolf...i totally dyslexified the title of the thread in my head...

Put me down for Adventure Island II on the NES.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

csgx1

Haven't played too many non PCE Hudson games. I wasn't too impressed with Super Bonk 1 & 2 for snes.

Got to go with Saturn Bomberman.  Also Ninja Five-O for GBA is a fun game.

thrush

Quote from: Senshi on 10/29/2011, 12:27 AMPut me down for Adventure Island II on the NES.
I also really like that one.

PunkCryborg

Wow I just got Jackie Chan on NES and it is AWESOME! This is now one of my top 10 NES games. The platforming is great, the levels are challenging and diverse and is very Hudsony. Like some levels are like Monster Lair and scrolling. The sprites are nice and big, almost looks like a PCE game. Also has excellent music.
IMG
IMG

futureman2000

I'll go with Saturn Bomberman as well. I've only played the single-player once or twice- The multiplayer is where it's at. I just picked it up a year or so ago, and was shocked that it offered a widescreen mode.

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

burn_654

Can totally vouch for Bulk Slash, that game is a lot of fun. The control scheme (and some of the graphics) remind me of Megaman Legends only arcadey. It's not super-deep but it's very satisfying.

It's hard to go wrong with the Bomberman series on or off the PCE, for non-PCE my votes go to Saturn Bomberman and Super Bomberman 3 for super famicom.

Super Bomberman 3's not a common response but - I had looked into it when I didn't have any PC Engine stuff, but had fallen in love with Bomberman '94 when I emulated it. Super Bomberman 3 is the closest thing to a sfc release of '94 for multi, it's basically a remix of '94 in terms of powerups, level themes, characters and the like. A good choice I think. Also Kangaroos.
Quote from: RegalSinYou know for that r-tard who goes like "oh something retro, let me put down my vabagelina, stop drinking my cheeze wine, and get to playing".

esteban

All the Adventure Island games (NES, GB, SNES) range from decent to superb, but my FAVORITE non-PCE Hudson game is definitely Bloody Roar FAXANADU!

Oh, wait, what about Hudson's other games?

Hmmm....
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

burn_654

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hudson_Soft_games
I'm not sure how complete it is but it's a start.

Jogging my memory...Binary Land for famicom was very creative and fun. Check it out!

I had no idea the Pokemon Trading Card games were made by them...I haven't tried them but heard good things.
Quote from: RegalSinYou know for that r-tard who goes like "oh something retro, let me put down my vabagelina, stop drinking my cheeze wine, and get to playing".

BigusSchmuck

Should have had Dragon Quest on the PCE. Enough said.

Turbotracks

Faxanadu!!!!!!!!!  One of my all time favorite games! Hudson, Falcom, side story of Xanadu, what's not to like?!
Thunderbolts first down!

bust3dstr8

Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

guyjin

Saturn Bomberman is the correct answer.

I wanted to like XEXYZ, but I never did quite 'get it'. it feels like it's unfinished.

Starfighter

I liked Calling on the Wii. It was by no means great, but it had a nice thing going now and then.

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Turbotracks on 02/27/2012, 06:17 PMFaxanadu!!!!!!!!!  One of my all time favorite games! Hudson, Falcom, side story of Xanadu, what's not to like?!
Precisely. The lack of support for Faxanadu here is troubling.

I fear that folks here actually preferred Bloody Roar.

Quote from: Starfighter on 02/28/2012, 02:52 PMI liked Calling on the Wii. It was by no means great, but it had a nice thing going now and then.

IMG
I received a few emails promoting this game, but how was I to trust a company that was pushing so hard to promote Deca Sports?

Starfighter

Quote from: esteban on 03/03/2012, 04:33 PMPrecisely. The lack of support for Faxanadu here is troubling.
I would also go for Faxanadu if I had played it more. I tried it out and then put it in the shelf "for later". It's been six years now and that "later" has evidently not come yet. :)

esteban

Quote from: Starfighter on 03/04/2012, 04:53 AM
Quote from: esteban on 03/03/2012, 04:33 PMPrecisely. The lack of support for Faxanadu here is troubling.
I would also go for Faxanadu if I had played it more. I tried it out and then put it in the shelf "for later". It's been six years now and that "later" has evidently not come yet. :)
Turn off Twisted Metal Green Sweat and power up your Famicom. Or NES. Whatever. Just do it. Faxanadu, for all its flaws, is a great game.

Starfighter

Quote from: esteban on 03/04/2012, 09:01 AMTurn off Twisted Metal Green Sweat and power up your Famicom. Or NES. Whatever. Just do it. Faxanadu, for all its flaws, is a great game.
Haha, I wish I could! I can try it out next week.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: esteban on 03/04/2012, 09:01 AMTurn off Twisted Metal Green Sweat and power up your Famicom. Or NES. Whatever. Just do it. Faxanadu, for all its flaws, is a great game.
Think Ill play my copy tonight when I'm gaming with my friend. I remember playing it when I was a kid and hating it so that means I'll probably like it now.

CrackTiger

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 02/27/2012, 04:32 PMShould have had Dragon Quest on the PCE. Enough said.
Hudson one-upped Enix by making the Tengai Makyou series with Red.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

turbokon

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 02/27/2012, 09:45 PMHAGANE
IMG
Imagine if Hagane was a PCE Arcade Card game.....oh man I could just hear its music rearranged!

Turbotracks

Nice to see some Faxanadu support, and some revisiting of the game. My wife said Bloody Roar Primal Fury (I did enjoy it), and she hasn't gamed regularly since the NES held #1. Just had to throw that out there.
Thunderbolts first down!

turbokon

Quote from: guyjin on 02/27/2012, 10:18 PMSaturn Bomberman is the correct answer.

I wanted to like XEXYZ, but I never did quite 'get it'. it feels like it's unfinished.
I picked up XEXYZ from a local game shop recently. What caught my eye was the Hudson Soft logo. Was expecting a shooter instead it was some kind of bad keith courage knock off. Maybe I didn't gave it enough time.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

PunkCryborg

Quote from: turbokon on 03/11/2012, 09:36 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 02/27/2012, 10:18 PMSaturn Bomberman is the correct answer.

I picked up XEXYZ from a local game shop recently. What caught my eye was the Hudson Soft logo. Was expecting a shooter instead it was some kind of bad keith courage knock off. Maybe I didn't gave it enough time.
Xexyz is a pretty good NES game and it probably came out before Keith. Might want to give it another go.

geise

I would have to say Saturn Bomberman would be my favorite non pce husdon game.  Close behind would be Kabuki Klash on Neo Geo.

Turbotracks

Thunderbolts first down!

soop

I would have to go for a Bomberman title.  Not sure which one, and there are some I haven't played, but to me, Bomberman is the pinnacle of multiplayer gaming.  I usually carry around 4 GBAs and Bomberman tournament, which is perhaps the ultimate.

Everyone has their own screen, multiple maps, full colour, and you can take it and play it anywhere.  When I play 2 player with the CPU filling in the last 2 spots that's fun, but when I get 3-4 people, I think it's some of the most fun I've had playing games.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!