What are you currently listening to?

Started by geise, 10/27/2011, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 05/24/2014, 09:40 PMBeen listening to way too much 80s hair metal and new wave pop today. brb going to pour some sugar while she bops.
.   Hey... I like my hair metal too. When I was a kid I was the biggest Crue head you'd meet :P

ToyMachine78

Its a live music night at the Willie house. Wife and kids are out of town so I'm listening to Face to Face, Marilyn Manson, Hot Water Music, Gorgoroth, and Dimmu Borgir. With copiuous amounts of alcohol of course. Obey is next!!!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: guest on 05/24/2014, 09:57 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/24/2014, 09:40 PMBeen listening to way too much 80s hair metal and new wave pop today. brb going to pour some sugar while she bops.
.   Hey... I like my hair metal too. When I was a kid I was the biggest Crue head you'd meet :P
Crue was awesome. I just wish there were more Crue songs in Crue Ball.

geise

Quote from: guest on 05/25/2014, 01:24 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/24/2014, 09:57 PM
Crue was awesome. I just wish there were more Crue songs in Crue Ball.
LOL hair metal.  Kill the poser!

PS.  Not directed at anybody here. 

Back in a jazz/fusion mood lately.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Opethian on 05/22/2014, 04:34 PM
Ope, you have stellar taste in music my man!  :)  I love the first LTE album done by these guys.  Second one was sort of a let down...
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: geise on 05/25/2014, 09:54 AMLOL hair metal.  Kill the poser!
I know, right? I should feel embarrassed, but if it makes it any better, I prefer the early 80s stuff to the crap that came out at the end (excepting Guns N Roses). Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Van Halen, stuff that also gets closer to heavy metal, like Dio.

Jazz is cool, too.

geise

Quote from: guest on 05/25/2014, 06:54 PM
Quote from: geise on 05/25/2014, 09:54 AMLOL hair metal.  Kill the poser!
I know, right? I should feel embarrassed, but if it makes it any better, I prefer the early 80s stuff to the crap that came out at the end (excepting Guns N Roses). Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Van Halen, stuff that also gets closer to heavy metal, like Dio.

Jazz is cool, too.
Dio was amazing! R.I.P.

It's alright.  I used to listen to Winger.  I still like them.  Even White Lion was pretty decent.  Dokken was O.K. as well.  That was really it for me.  I also am a die hard David Lee Roth (solo career) fan.  I listen  to so much variety.  Old school punk and hardcore, classical, thrash, jazz fusion, Zappa, game music, it's all good to me.  I just couldn't stand most of that poser stuff like Poison, Britney Fox, Enuff Z Nuff, Cinderalla, LOL Stryper

Josh, Ope, if you like Liquid Tension Experiment check out Allan Holdsworth's Heavy Machinery.  BTW they also used an Atari ST for some of this recording.

Heavy machinery.wmv

Digi.k

ToyMachine78

NOFX.... Creeping Out Sarah. Great song lol

esteban

I love Dio. I had an awesome black velvet poster black light poster I put in a really gaudy gold plaster frame when I was a kid. I'd kill to have that now.

Anyway, since we are confessing our sins: I love Duran Duran.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 05/29/2014, 07:31 PMNOFX.... Creeping Out Sarah. Great song lol
Just listened to this. Pretty funny.
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 05/29/2014, 07:47 PMAnyway, since we are confessing our sins: I love Duran Duran.
Heh-heh, me too... You know, I watched "Hanoi" Jane Fonda recently in Barbarella and when I heard the name of the scientist/villain, Dr. Durand Durand, I was like WTF?? This is how they got their band's name, from a cliched villain in a weird 60's SciFi movie ? Indeed, when they got started, they used to play near a famous club called "Barbarellas" and later took the name of the movie's villain as their own reflection as fans.

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/30/2014, 06:38 AM
Quote from: esteban on 05/29/2014, 07:47 PMAnyway, since we are confessing our sins: I love Duran Duran.
Heh-heh, me too... You know, I watched "Hanoi" Jane Fonda recently in Barbarella and when I heard the name of the scientist/villain, Dr. Durand Durand, I was like WTF?? This is how they got their band's name, from a cliched villain in a weird 60's SciFi movie ? Indeed, when they got started, they used to play near a famous club called "Barbarellas" and later took the name of the movie's villain as their own reflection as fans.
Yes! When I watched Barbarella I wondered the same thing! The movie has a goofier pronunciation so I wasn't sure until I consulted a FAQ—holy cannoli, I didn't know 99% of the stuff in the FAQ.

Why am I suddenly in the mood to watch Barbarella and Flash Gordon (1980's) again?

geise

Quote from: esteban on 05/29/2014, 07:47 PMI love Dio. I had an awesome black velvet poster black light poster I put in a really gaudy gold plaster frame when I was a kid. I'd kill to have that now.

Anyway, since we are confessing our sins: I love Duran Duran.
Who doesn't secretly love Duran Duran?

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: geise on 05/29/2014, 05:00 PMDio was amazing! R.I.P.

I just couldn't stand most of that poser stuff like Poison, Britney Fox, Enuff Z Nuff, Cinderalla, LOL Stryper
Yeah, there's a huge divide between the early stuff and the ones who did it to get famous.

And Duran Duran? Ugh, do I really have to admit publicly to liking them? :(

geise

One of my favorite albums by Edge of Sanity.  Haha and it's an EP.  9 minutes in they do cover of Invisible Sun by The Police.  Great stuff.

Edge Of Sanity-Until Eternity Ends

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 05/30/2014, 08:10 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 05/30/2014, 06:38 AM
Yes! When I watched Barbarella I wondered the same thing! The movie has a goofier pronunciation so I wasn't sure until I consulted a FAQ—holy cannoli, I didn't know 99% of the stuff in the FAQ.
How could I have forgotten their other nod to the movie, "Electric Barbarella," a fun, whacky pop song. I'm sure you know it, but I got to first hear it when a sibling bought a Greatest Hits collection of Duran Duran like 6 years ago or something.

QuoteWhy am I suddenly in the mood to watch Barbarella and Flash Gordon (1980's) again?
I watched it with Zardoz not that far apart if that counts. ;)

synbiosfan

Quote from: geise on 05/30/2014, 11:35 AM
Who doesn't secretly love Duran Duran?
When Blondie was touring for The Hunter, Duran Duran was the opening band and were awesome. This was right around the time Rio was released but before everyone knew who they were really.

ToyMachine78

The Decendents.... 'Merican  .... Man so much truth in this song.

Dicer

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2014, 08:12 PMThe Decendents.... 'Merican  .... Man so much truth in this song.
The punk band? What album is that on?

ToyMachine78

Of course the punk band!  Single from "cool to be you"

jtucci31

I love the Descendents! Milo was my go to album to listen to while cutting the grass for a long time. I've had that shirt for awhile too. Can't remember the last time I listened to them, let alone "cool to be you" but I'll listen to them again tonight :D

roflmao

Pump Up the Volume introduced me to the Decendents. :)

I never got big into them, but I still have a few mix tapes friends made me with them included.

esteban

If you take away the goofy/juvenile Descendants songs...you're still left with a great bunch of classic 80's tunes.  I'm more inclined to listen to the former these days...and, damn, the songs are still brilliant (I.e. Clean Sheets).

Plus, I wish they tried more stuff like:
Iceman
Days are Blood

jtucci31

The goofy/juvenile songs are what really brought me to the band!

That being said, I only ever really listened to Milo a bunch. I have never really heard Iceman or Days are Blood but i like these a lot. They kind of remind me of like Fugazi-ish. This is totally something i could get in to.

geise

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2014, 02:37 AMThe goofy/juvenile songs are what really brought me to the band!

That being said, I only ever really listened to Milo a bunch. I have never really heard Iceman or Days are Blood but i like these a lot. They kind of remind me of like Fugazi-ish. This is totally something i could get in to.
Everyone was drawn in by the silly songs.  :pcgs:

And by the PURE-POP goodness that oozed out in so many catchy songs. So many super-catchy songs.

esteban

esteban

Since we are going down memory lane...

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2014, 02:37 AMThe goofy/juvenile songs are what really brought me to the band!

.    When I think of goofy juvenile punk, The Vandals, NOFX, and Guttermouth come to mind. All of which I love! I like it when bands don't take themselves too seriously.

Dicer

This fine bit of tight ass tunes...

IMG

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2014, 07:44 PM

.    When I think of goofy juvenile punk, The Vandals, NOFX, and Guttermouth come to mind. All of which I love! I like it when bands don't take themselves too seriously.
That appeals to almost any kid! :) I still love my fair share of goofy bands but a band like NOFX hasn't grown on me the best as i find them to be kind of buttholes. But i may just be too cynical for me own good at times.

HailingTheThings

IMG

roflmao

Quote from: geise on 06/04/2014, 05:48 PMGorilla Biscuits - Start Today (Full Album)
Listening to this now. Will get to Estes later.  This reminds me a lot of old Seven Seconds, which I loved.

handygrafx

jeffhlewis

The Lawrence Arm's new album (Metropole) initially disappointed me, but it's one of those ones that after repeated listens it just gets better and better until you wonder how you could have ever been disappointed with it in the first place. Yeah.

They're playing tonight in Madison, WI then doing their "homecoming" show at the Metro in Chicago on Saturday night. And of course, I already had g'damn plans. Argh. This band barely ever tours.

Anyway, enjoy the first single off the new album:

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2014, 10:58 PM

That appeals to almost any kid! :) I still love my fair share of goofy bands but a band like NOFX hasn't grown on me the best as i find them to be kind of buttholes. But i may just be too cynical for me own good at times.
.  Errrr.... I'm not a kid lol... Well maybe at heart:)

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2014, 08:16 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/04/2014, 10:58 PM

.  Errrr.... I'm not a kid lol... Well maybe at heart:)
Well yeah I figured, lol. We are all kids at heart here (or at least I hope)

esteban

blueraven

C2C Down The Road - It's about time someone remixed the Blues.

Music Video
C2C - Down The Road (official video starring Richie Jackson)

Audio Only
C2C - Down The Road (audio only)

You may commence making fun of this video. I think the song is badass.

handygrafx

Best new Freestyle song of 2014:

George Anthony and Nyasia - Heartbreaks

http://www.4shared.com/rar/0liYAYlDba/george_anthony__nyasia_-_heart.html

1. (Florida Radio Mix)      
2. (Old School Radio Mix)      
3. (Old School Club Mix) [Valentin Edit]

geise

HailingTheThings

I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams - Weezer [Lyrics]
IMG

jeffhlewis

Got an iPhone? Download this app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mdx-player/id639136241?mt=8

Then find the archive out there that contains the entire Sharp x68000 music library in MDX format and load it to your Dropbox.

Connect the app with the archive and now you have 50 billion hours of amazing FM tunes to listen to.

esteban

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 07/31/2014, 11:11 AMGot an iPhone? Download this app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mdx-player/id639136241?mt=8

Then find the archive out there that contains the entire Sharp x68000 music library in MDX format and load it to your Dropbox.

Connect the app with the archive and now you have 50 billion hours of amazing FM tunes to listen to.
Don't stop there.  :pcgs:

jtucci31

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/23/2014, 10:42 PMI Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams - Weezer [Lyrics]
Is this a B side? Or is it from when they wanted to make Pinkerton a concept album about.....something that i can not think of at the moment, haha. I'm also curious who the voice of the woman singing is. Either way I'm loving this song.

Pinkerton is my favorite Weezer album and one of my favorites of all time. My personal favorite Weezer song comes off of Pinkerton, and it just so happens that i have been listening to it lately!

sosoyo180

Quote from: guest on 08/01/2014, 11:46 AMIs this a B side? Or is it from when they wanted to make Pinkerton a concept album about.....something that i can not think of at the moment, haha. I'm also curious who the voice of the woman singing is. Either way I'm loving this song.
Yeah it's off their never released album "Songs From the Black Hole". Pretty good album if you ask me
12 hard black inches of pure fun, the TurboGrafx 16.

Paddyfitz18

A decent bootleg of Bob Dylan live in New Orleans, November 10, 1981.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 08/01/2014, 11:46 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/23/2014, 10:42 PMI Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams - Weezer [Lyrics]
Is this a B side? Or is it from when they wanted to make Pinkerton a concept album about.....something that i can not think of at the moment, haha. I'm also curious who the voice of the woman singing is. Either way I'm loving this song.

Pinkerton is my favorite Weezer album and one of my favorites of all time. My personal favorite Weezer song comes off of Pinkerton, and it just so happens that i have been listening to it lately!
Yeah, its from the concept album, the vocals are done by Rachel Haden:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Haden

Read that as it answers some fun questions about the song. :3
IMG