What are you currently listening to?

Started by geise, 10/27/2011, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retroguy

Nothing's Gonna Stand In Our Way-Spectre General

80s Hair Metal FTW!
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

esteban

I wanted to rip a bunch of CD's, but I can't find some boxes, so:

New Musik — Back To Room One

TRIVIA: There is a wonderful tune from Valis II that, perhaps, was inspired by this track (at least, in my fantasy world, it was!):Valis II (PCE, Stage 1)

REALITY: The reality is that both songs stand on their own...but a strand links them in my heart.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: retroguy on 09/15/2013, 08:42 AMNothing's Gonna Stand In Our Way-Spectre General

80s Hair Metal FTW!
Somebody's been watching too much Transformers The Movie ;)
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

retroguy

You say that like it's a bad thing. :lol:
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

ToyMachine78

OldRover

Currently listening to music by MoNoLith, and awaiting their new single.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 09/21/2013, 07:22 PMChildren of Bodom  :twisted:
Their old stuff was pretty amazing.

Picked up some Manegarm the other day, enjoying what I've heard thus far.  :D
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

SuperPlay

roflmao

Arcade Online Radio Station:
http://www.arcaderadio.com/

They play a good mix of Turbografx-16/PC Engine, Sega/Mega CD, Saturn, and Neo Geo CD stuff.

munchiaz

ToyMachine78

Quote from: SuperPlay on 09/22/2013, 10:10 AMThe Akira Soundtrack
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/21/2013, 09:21 PM

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/21/2013, 09:21 PM

Oh yeah! The red, green, and blue albums are the shit! Along with Tokyo War hearts! Alexi laiho is the man!

geise

retroguy

The Kick Ass 2 soundtrack. Henry Jackman is seriously impressing me right now. I loved his score for Wreck It Ralph, and this one is just as good. The movie's great too.

VenomMacbeth

Just discovered that this game, Metal Fangs, has an awesome soundtrack.
Dat percussion.  :dance:
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/24/2013, 09:28 PMJust discovered that this game, Metal Fangs, has an awesome soundtrack.
Dat percussion.  :dance:
Ha! I made a comment in your other thread, but I concur: it sounds nice.

ToyMachine78

Castlevania 20th anniversary stream on grooveshark  :-({|=

munchiaz

esteban

The Triffids — Calenture (I love when the original demos rival the final studio versions!)

geise

For all the "old" metallers!  New Carcass album!  I just found out about it yesterday.  Came out of nowhere.  Freaking amazing!
CARCASS - Captive Bolt Pistol (OFFICIAL TRACK)

Digi.k

geise

Haha!  Party all the Time is in the game?  I have never played a GTA game but I might now.

Digi.k

Quote from: geise on 10/05/2013, 10:05 PMHaha!  Party all the Time is in the game?  I have never played a GTA game but I might now.
There is a lot of music in there.  Wait for a price drop.  I' m not a huge fan of the gta series but I started getting into it from IV.  Number 5 I really like the gameplay but the frame rate is in inconsistent on both platforms which kinda kills the realism they are trying to aim for... and the story arc is very weak and falls apart..

The music list on gta 5
http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/03/rockstar-reveals-definitive-gta-5-radio-station-song-list-4133849/

three other tracks that caught my attention on GTA 5.

Opethian

damn new carcass
too bad Ken Owen is a vege :( he was a legend....

on a lighter note mark knopfler
IMG

geise

Ken Owens is doing a lot better now, but still in no shape to be playing drums like he used to.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Retrocool

because I love everything about Die Antwoord.

also on the flip side of this song

Just purchased the new album by Coco Rosie and Of Montreal
It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

esteban

IMG

esteban

IMG

NOTE: I don't care about the purists/naysayers—this is such a superb, dripping-with-somber-atmosphere, fresher-than-your-average take on a classic soundtrack.

THE WORLD NEEDED MOAR OF THIS SORT OF THING, IMHO.  :pcgs:

Opethian

IMG

Gogan

Nothin beats the real thing.

bartre

roflmao

Quote from: bartre on 10/22/2013, 09:36 AMhmm, roommate pointed me to powerglove.
www.youtube.com/embed/CdD3JRYjvtw
Ha!  I thought you were talking about a different Power Glove band:
Power Glove ~ Fantastic Lover

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

roflmao

I was just listening to Mr. Bungle - Egg for about the millionth time and noticed they sampled Altered Beast in it:
Mr. Bungle - Mr. Bungle - 05 - Egg (1991)
It seems like embedding a yt video won't let you jump to a specific point, so if you go to about 5:14, you'll hear "Rise from your grave".

I've probably heard this before, but my memory is fuzzy these days. :)

munchiaz

wildfruit

A briefer history of time audiobook

jeffhlewis

esteban

ZOUNDS — Dancing
An old fave. I wish this band did more "commercial" stuff like this...they had one EP, one foray into this sort of fabulous, sophisticated post-punk sound with brooding organ/synth. I'm sure it alienated fans of their original sound/formula...but, damn, this is great, too.

Here's a more typical song:
ZOUNDS — Demystification

geise

Man I haven't heard Zounds in ages.  I also forgot they were on Crass Records.  Lately I haven't been in a Metal mood so I've gone back to some punk stuff in my collection.

Grave goods - Shadow Season

SuperPlay

Ghost in the Shell Innocence Soundtrack

JoshTurboTrollX

been on a Beardfish kick lately-
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

bob

Quote from: guest on 10/28/2013, 02:22 PMI was just listening to Mr. Bungle - Egg for about the millionth time and noticed they sampled Altered Beast in it:
Mr. Bungle - Mr. Bungle - 05 - Egg (1991)

It seems like embedding a yt video won't let you jump to a specific point, so if you go to about 5:14, you'll hear "Rise from your grave".

I've probably heard this before, but my memory is fuzzy these days. :)
Fuck.  I wish I could express how much I hate Mike Patton.  Words just can't even do it.
Don't get me wrong, not insulting you in any way.  But you just got me so mad.

roflmao

Quote from: galam on 11/22/2013, 12:05 AMFuck.  I wish I could express how much I hate Mike Patton.  Words just can't even do it.
Don't get me wrong, not insulting you in any way.  But you just got me so mad.
Lol.  I guess he is kind of a polarizing guy.  No worries.  Even if you are too blind to see brilliance. :D (just poking fun)

Do you also hate Weird Al?

Tom Waits?

Robert Fripp?

John Lennon?

I'd say they all push listeners out of their comfort zone, but are pure genius in their own right. (as well as many others)

esteban

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 11/19/2013, 01:35 PMbeen on a Beardfish kick lately-
Damn, if I didn't look up the info, I would have sworn that song was a few decades old.  :pcgs:

geise

Hehe, probably not a Zappa fan either. :D  Speaking of...

Frank Zappa - Stinkfoot, live 1988

I was actually at this show.  I had no idea what was going on but the music blew my mind.  Thanks dad! :dance:

JoshTurboTrollX

MotherGunner

Not sure if this was posted before, but really enjoying this cover though I find myself somber.  I guess I am overthinking about our PCEFX community and the loss of Sini.  May he RIP and is welcomed wherever his spirit finds itself.

Shadow Of The Beast Level 1 Cover by Prototron - Welcome by David Whittaker
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

ToyMachine78

Suicidal Tendencies

You.... Can't... Bring... Me.... Down!

geise

Quote from: guest on 12/06/2013, 08:29 AMSuicidal Tendencies

You.... Can't... Bring... Me.... Down!
Awesome!  "You wouldn't know crazy if Charles Manson was eating fruit loops on your front porch!"
I am currently back on a death metal kick, a Swedish death metal kick to be precise.  Demonical is an awesome band.  They have that awesome old school sound.  I can't stand new digital recordings for bands currently.  It can really ruin the music, especially for metal.  So much over production the past decade.