What are you currently listening to?

Started by geise, 10/27/2011, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuplayer

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/24/2012, 10:27 AMLove it!  After a bit 'o googling, I found that they released the EP with this track for free here: http://www.powergloveaudio.com/ep1.html

Oh, and until this little distraction, I was listening to Pixies - Bossanova  :dance:
Thanks IMG.

And Bossanova is a great album, as you already know IMG.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Digi.k

Quote from: esteban on 02/22/2012, 11:50 AMFor Bony M, you gotta check out the insane "School Song" (??? I can't remember the real title. "Happy Song"???). There are different versions, and different videos, but it's a wonderfully awesome song with creepy undertones that you can't help but love.

UPDATE: Bony M - Happy Song

You may dig this: Moon Ray - Comanchero (Dig those ridiculous SFX/graphics!)
that boney m song.. the synths remind me of pce cd rom musik :o

and that moonray song just made me remember this really old african song for some strange reason...

sunshine day - osibisa

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 02/25/2012, 02:24 PM
Quote from: esteban on 02/22/2012, 11:50 AMFor Bony M, you gotta check out the insane "School Song" (??? I can't remember the real title. "Happy Song"???). There are different versions, and different videos, but it's a wonderfully awesome song with creepy undertones that you can't help but love.

UPDATE: Bony M - Happy Song

You may dig this: Moon Ray - Comanchero (Dig those ridiculous SFX/graphics!)
that boney m song.. the synths remind me of pce cd rom musik :o

and that moonray song just made me remember this really old african song for some strange reason...

sunshine day - osibisa
The synths in Bony M Happy Song totally influenced Pet Shop Boys (they've said that songs from Italian clubs were an inspriration...but they didn't mention any song/artist in particular. Ha!)

And I don't know why Moonray --> OSIBISA, but I'm really, really diggin' OSIBISA. It's perfect for the mood right now (all kids sleeping, cold-blustery winds outside, this morning's leftover coffee in my mug).

Lilgrafx

Starfucker, Cults, M83, and Youth Lagoon. All excellent bands.

SMF

My daughter watching Power Puff Girls lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

geise

Quote from: SMF on 02/26/2012, 01:53 PMMy daughter watching Power Puff Girls lol.
Haha!  No Twisted Sister?

esteban

:pcgs:

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

OldRover

Currently listening to Crow Black Sky. Interesting stuff.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

_Paul

Just popped in my Capcom SF2 double-CD with US Navy, Magic Sword and Chiki Chiki Boys on it. Not listed to it in a while.

Starfighter

Keith Apicary's Neo Geo song. I'm just waiting to get tired of it but it never happens.

Digi.k

Lilgrafx

esteban

IMG

Jetzt tanzen die plastic pop
nur tanzen wir plastic pop

nur tanzen wir plastic pop...

Starfighter

farankoshan

TOE. One of the best japanese post-rock bands out there. ;)
"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot fuck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

esteban

IMG

Digi.k

ack all that techno talk of the 90's..

Opus III - it's a fine day

SegaCD

Just ripped all the music of off the Sega's Super Monkey Ball 2 for Gamecube and listening to the results.

If you guys haven't played/heard it yet, you guys must listen to it (if you're into more relaxing/electronic music). Seriously. Its amazing.

esteban

IMG

It's worth it, you lazy bastards. :pcgs:

Quote from: SegaCD on 04/09/2012, 08:25 PMJust ripped all the music of off the Sega's Super Monkey Ball 2 for Gamecube and listening to the results.

If you guys haven't played/heard it yet, you guys must listen to it (if you're into more relaxing/electronic music). Seriously. Its amazing.
Share that goodness. :pcgs:

roflmao

Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction

Dang, this album never gets old.  I want to play it loud, but the little one just went to bed. :(

Digi.k

forgotten - disasterpeace

http://disasterpeace.com/track/forgotten

soop

I'm listening to Barney's Get Psyched mix from How I met your mother.  Could use some work though.

Oh, and the original 1930's Superman radio plays :D
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

esteban

Quote from: soop on 04/16/2012, 05:39 AMOh, and the original 1930's Superman radio plays :D
I have those (and many other) old-time radio shows. I love the horror-suspense stuff the most, but there is far more detective stuff available. I have wanted to transfer everything to mp3's, but there just isn't enough time in the day.

:pcgs:

soop

I'd bet someone's already done it.  I just googled "superman radio plays" and got it on the first page, streaming.

Try it with some of your other stuff. Recommendations welcome ;)

esteban

Quote from: soop on 04/17/2012, 06:19 AMI'd bet someone's already done it.  I just googled "superman radio plays" and got it on the first page, streaming.

Yup  :pcgs:

Last time I checked (a few years ago), a lot of stuff out there is really poor quality (either source material was poor, or low-quality encoding of stream/mp3).

If you like sci-fi, try "X Minus One", a series of pulp stories. Each episode is a complete story.

If you like detective stuff, try "Boston Blackie" & "Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar"

If you like thriller/suspense: "Suspense!" & "The Inner Sanctum"

There are so many great shows/series...

soop

Quote from: esteban on 04/17/2012, 08:03 AM
Quote from: soop on 04/17/2012, 06:19 AMI'd bet someone's already done it.  I just googled "superman radio plays" and got it on the first page, streaming.

Yup  :pcgs:

Last time I checked (a few years ago), a lot of stuff out there is really poor quality (either source material was poor, or low-quality encoding of stream/mp3).

If you like sci-fi, try "X Minus One", a series of pulp stories. Each episode is a complete story.

If you like detective stuff, try "Boston Blackie" & "Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar"

If you like thriller/suspense: "Suspense!" & "The Inner Sanctum"

There are so many great shows/series...
All noted!

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 04/17/2012, 08:03 AMIf you like sci-fi, try "X Minus One", a series of pulp stories. Each episode is a complete story.
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm listening to X Minus One now, and it's awesome!  =D>

esteban

:pcgs:  :pcgs:  :pcgs:

Old time radio, motherf@ckers.

Digi.k

I'm sure these both went to no.1 here in the uk when I was a kiddy...

lene lovich - lucky numbers
aneka - japanese boy

farankoshan

"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot fuck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

SegaCD

Quote from: esteban on 04/11/2012, 05:10 PM
Quote from: SegaCD on 04/09/2012, 08:25 PMJust ripped all the music of off the Sega's Super Monkey Ball 2 for Gamecube and listening to the results.

Will do...as soon as I'm done ID3-tagging all of the tracks... A bigger job than I thought! Haha

chany60126

Been watching eurodance videos from the early nineties. Listen at your own risk. :P

esteban

Quote from: SegaCD on 04/24/2012, 09:23 PM
Quote from: esteban on 04/11/2012, 05:10 PM

Will do...as soon as I'm done ID3-tagging all of the tracks... A bigger job than I thought! Haha
Excellent  :pcgs:.

SuperPlay

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

roflmao

geise

Been in a David Lee Roth mood today.  One of my favorites!

BlueBMW

When I took the x68000 over to a friends one evening, his friend who was there insisted that he HAD to beat Dracula on it.  So a long while later, he reached the last level.  He replayed that level dozens of times til he beat it finally.  I got to hear this song over and over and over again, but I love it for some reason.  This youtube video has the original 68k internal audio version followed by MIDI versions of the same track (can be played on a 68000 through a midi card on an external module)  I can just listen to this song over and over again for some reason...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

hoobs88

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/02/2012, 10:09 PMWhen I took the x68000 over to a friends one evening, his friend who was there insisted that he HAD to beat Dracula on it.  So a long while later, he reached the last level.  He replayed that level dozens of times til he beat it finally.  I got to hear this song over and over and over again, but I love it for some reason.  This youtube video has the original 68k internal audio version followed by MIDI versions of the same track (can be played on a 68000 through a midi card on an external module)  I can just listen to this song over and over again for some reason...
Wow! That version does sound great!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

esteban

Quote from: hoobs88 on 05/02/2012, 10:45 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/02/2012, 10:09 PMWhen I took the x68000 over to a friends one evening, his friend who was there insisted that he HAD to beat Dracula on it.  So a long while later, he reached the last level.  He replayed that level dozens of times til he beat it finally.  I got to hear this song over and over and over again, but I love it for some reason.  This youtube video has the original 68k internal audio version followed by MIDI versions of the same track (can be played on a 68000 through a midi card on an external module)  I can just listen to this song over and over again for some reason...
Wow! That version does sound great!
I was worried until ~00:57, then it improved. :pcgs:... until the Roland CM-64 rendition crushed it.

I have to say, though, that it was fun comparing all the different hardware for this song.

SamIAm

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/02/2012, 10:09 PMWhen I took the x68000 over to a friends one evening, his friend who was there insisted that he HAD to beat Dracula on it.  So a long while later, he reached the last level.  He replayed that level dozens of times til he beat it finally.
Please don't tell me it was the first time he played this x68k version. Because that would break my heart.

TR0N

Beastie Boys Hey Ladies
Body Movin
Ch-Check It Out!
R.I.P Adam Yauch
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

BlueBMW

Quote from: SamIAm on 05/05/2012, 06:53 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/02/2012, 10:09 PMWhen I took the x68000 over to a friends one evening, his friend who was there insisted that he HAD to beat Dracula on it.  So a long while later, he reached the last level.  He replayed that level dozens of times til he beat it finally.
Please don't tell me it was the first time he played this x68k version. Because that would break my heart.
It was his first time :(
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

DrBread

Tobacco - Mexican Icecream
My favorite song.
I really like video games...

geise

Ys Healing.  I'm in a mellow quiet mood today.

SuperPlay

MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS | I AM NOT A ROBOT

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!