Weird controllers

Started by guyjin, 02/05/2012, 04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

Was browsing around the internet, and found a webpage with some controller pictures and info:http://www.syntaxerror.nu/joysticks.html

This one, in particular, caught my eye:
IMG
it's allegedly a wireless controller for NES and SNES and its receiver. In case that image goes away, it looks like a pretty typical SFC controller, with the Konami logo and a dark spot where I presume the IR emitter is. However, the receiver looks like a little black and grey satellite dish.

Anyone ever seen or played with this thing before? it's new to me.

Shrapnoid

No, but, I'm glad you made this post because I have seen controllers so weird that it boggles the mind as to which body part or parts are required to use it.

Does anyone remember that weird little black and red one that was made to fit only in your left hand and use the joystick with your right hand?

That thing was just strange.

Also, I think Bandai tried to get in on the whole infrared controller thing during the NES days and it was buggy or something.

Mishran

The satellite dish with the Konami controller looks like it may allow a little play in the controller/reciever "sweet spot" without having to worry about breaking the IR beam by pointing the controller a fraction of an inch in any direction from the center of the receiver. Don't own it, so don't know for a fact. Only an uneducated guess.

SignOfZeta

I've used that one. I seem to remember it being pretty great. Details are vague though...
IMG

HercTNT

Nice find, looks pretty cool.

blueraven

Seriously??!?!?!?!? NOONE has posted the Pachinko controller yet?!??!?!

IMG

HercTNT

de-ja-vu i almost bought one a few months again. took me forever to figure out what the hell it did.

SuperPlay

Quote from: guyjin on 02/05/2012, 04:49 PMAnyone ever seen or played with this thing before? it's new to me.
I have one of these :@)  Owned from new when I picked it up in the '90s.

soop

I now own this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110815713942?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
It's an NTT DoCoMo Super Famicom pad.  I figured I'd get some more pads to go with my multitap, and I found this one dirt cheap.  Looks like it may have been used with that satellite service maybe?

*edit* picture
IMG
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Frank_fjs

That Famicom controller isn't for the Satellaview, it's for a rare modem that was released and used with a software cart for the purpose of online horse betting, and probably other boring things.

More info here: http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2225

Arkhan Asylum

that thing would be boss for entering game genie codes.
kinda.

lol
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

soop

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 09:44 AMthat thing would be boss for entering game genie codes.
kinda.

lol
First thing I'm gonna do when I get it, is stick Street Fighter in and see if I can map punches to the numbers :D

"if you would like to hadouken, please press 1.  To Dragon punch, press 2.  Otherwise, please hold for an operator."

Arkhan Asylum

what happens if you dial 911
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

soop

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 10:01 AMwhat happens if you dial 911
I guess M Bison appears and punches you through your TV.

roflmao

Quote from: soop on 02/06/2012, 07:43 AMI now own this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110815713942?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
It's an NTT DoCoMo Super Famicom pad.  I figured I'd get some more pads to go with my multitap, and I found this one dirt cheap.  Looks like it may have been used with that satellite service maybe?
That thing looks awesome!  Great price on it too.  Lucky bastard.  

Here's one that's kind of an odd duck that I haven't seen too often.  

IMG
IMG

I've heard they released this controller for the SNES, which I think would be more useful, but it's kind of neat.

soop

I was looking at this earlier, unsure of whether to buy it or not - but I decided against it, as I have 2 Arcade sticks:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Capcom-Soldier-pad-controller-Super-Famicon-SNES-super-nintendo-/150752883781?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item2319927445
IMG

BTW, that guy also has a copy of Dynastic Hero I was looking at for £12 or so.  The rest of his games are pretty much all out of whack price-wise though.  I actually remember he had a nice boxed CD-ROM system, but he wouldn't budge from £200.

majors

Quote from: soop on 02/06/2012, 10:13 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 10:01 AMwhat happens if you dial 911
I guess M Bison appears and punches you through your TV.
That made my morning.

Come one guys...Namco NegCon?
IMG

and it's brother, the Jogcon:
IMG

I had both of these for Ridge Racers. I liked the Negcon for Wipeout.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Shrapnoid

I've seen some of those but, that Pachinko thing is just bizarre!

NecroPhile

Quote from: blueraven on 02/06/2012, 03:47 AMSeriously??!?!?!?!? NOONE has posted the Pachinko controller yet?!??!?!
You posted the non-OBEY version?!?  For shame!  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 12:22 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 02/06/2012, 03:47 AMSeriously??!?!?!?!? NOONE has posted the Pachinko controller yet?!??!?!
You posted the non-OBEY version?!?  For shame!  :P
Oh sh... FIAL

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 09:44 AMthat thing would be boss for entering game genie codes.
kinda.

lol
letters and stuff.

lol