The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

promise.tv

Started by guyjin, 02/20/2012, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

http://www.promise.tv/

A PVR that doesn't record one channel, not 2 channels... but ALL THE CHANNELS AT ONCE.  :shock:

the 'lite' version, that can store 3 days worth of everything broadcast, costs 1,200£ (about $1,900); the 'promise 7' that records a weeks worth of TV at once, will set you back 1,998£($3,170).

Only works in the UK, though.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guyjin on 02/20/2012, 09:05 PM1,200£ (about $1,900); 1,998£($3,170).
ROLF

Quote from: guyjin on 02/20/2012, 09:05 PMOnly works in the UK, though.
ROLF mk2
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Neat idea, but that's super expensive and 95% of what it'd record is useless shit anyway.  I wonder how much storage space it has?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

yeah, thats the whole point of being so fucking expensive, you pay them a huge amount for a huge amount of storage space.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

It depends on how many channels they have over there.  There are six major networks here, which would require about 8TB of storage space for a week (6 channels x 8GB/hr x 168 hrs), and 5 2TB drives would run only about $600.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!