RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

promise.tv

Started by guyjin, 02/20/2012, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

http://www.promise.tv/

A PVR that doesn't record one channel, not 2 channels... but ALL THE CHANNELS AT ONCE.  :shock:

the 'lite' version, that can store 3 days worth of everything broadcast, costs 1,200£ (about $1,900); the 'promise 7' that records a weeks worth of TV at once, will set you back 1,998£($3,170).

Only works in the UK, though.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guyjin on 02/20/2012, 09:05 PM1,200£ (about $1,900); 1,998£($3,170).
ROLF

Quote from: guyjin on 02/20/2012, 09:05 PMOnly works in the UK, though.
ROLF mk2
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Neat idea, but that's super expensive and 95% of what it'd record is useless shit anyway.  I wonder how much storage space it has?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

yeah, thats the whole point of being so fucking expensive, you pay them a huge amount for a huge amount of storage space.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

It depends on how many channels they have over there.  There are six major networks here, which would require about 8TB of storage space for a week (6 channels x 8GB/hr x 168 hrs), and 5 2TB drives would run only about $600.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!