10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

TurboGrafx Display + DuoDemo01 and more...

Started by Thibaut, 03/03/2012, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thibaut

Asking 990euros for it, include shipping to US.
Item is in France.
More photos or details, contact me : thibautg@yahoo.com

Size : length = 65cm, wide = 45cm, depth = 30cm

/img0277wo.jpg
/img0278gx.jpg

Gate of Thunder US 4 in 1 = 35
/img0331da.jpg
DuoDemo01 3 in 1 = 890
/img0334omi.jpg
Extremely rare official Sample Not For Sale DuoDemo01 3 in 1 = 890
/img0333ej.jpg

TurboPad = 15
TurboTap = 15
TurboCable = 15
TurboGrafx/Duo Adaptateur = 29
Turbo Link = 15
TurboExpress AC adaptateur = 35
Kisado Convertor + lettre = 75
Springboard Converter = 90
Telegames Converter = 55
/img0330pe.jpg

Thanks
Passionné et collectionneur PC Engine

Duo_R

that awesome, wish you were in the states
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Thibaut

The price include shipping to US.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Thibaut on 03/03/2012, 01:04 PMThe price include shipping to US.
I wonder if Henrycsc will be drooling over this :P

Neat item for sure!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Flare65

I remember seeing one of those at Toy R Us a long time ago.

According to google, 990 euros is $1,300.00.  Not to rain on your parade, but that display isn't worth anywhere near what you are asking for it.  I am curious though....what is your reasoning why you are asking so much for it beyond the typical "...its rare" excuse?

Duo_R

Wait...my eyes saw 99 Euros.... LOLOLOLO
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

esteban

Quote from: Duo_R on 03/03/2012, 02:45 PMWait...my eyes saw 99 Euros.... LOLOLOLO
I know! IMG

I, too, remember this display from Toys'r'us.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Frank_fjs

990 Euros you say? That's a nice extortionate price, hope you feel good about yourself.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, I should factor in that maybe it costs that much for the French postal system to actually have a delivered item reach its destination.

Sleepy Gnome

nice display. yeah horrible price tho im afraid :o/

Of course it is OMGZ L@@K RAREZ and all the rest of it but its still just a piece of plastic at the end of the day...

HercTNT

Agreed. Its really cool and all, but the lack of a controller port and a place to put the games makes it pretty useless.

Thibaut

BigusSchmuck

Thibaut

tpivette

Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

mrhaboobi

Hey Thibaut,  my package arrived all good :) took a massive beating by the postal service ( box was ripped open ) but it arrived all good :)
 thanks
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

wmacmonagle

Display stand with cards (NEW)

I won ebay for $130 dollars shipped and it is new in box.  I recieved and he didnt put brown paper around and USPS wrote 6232 on box due to my address.  I complained on ebay and he said he will pay refund plus return shipping. I got $160 refund.  2 days later.. he sold for $700 asis DOH.  Then 1 or 2 months later.  Royvega bought display for 1,000 with out the box.  I kept hitting my head on wall for returning it back.  ITS BRANDNEW in orignial box!!!  o well.. life goes on!.

-wmac
Arcade Line Up: UDOT, Multi-Vector Duel, Tempest Multi, Mini-Galaga, Z-Hyperspin, X360 Blast City, Spiderman Pin, 96 in 1 PacMan

PCEngineHell

Bernie

RoyVegas

Quote from: wmacmonagle on 04/11/2013, 05:05 PMRoyvegas bought display for 1,000 with out the box.
Actually I paid $750 and the one he has for sale, he bought from me.  It's the same one..
All is well. :)

SignOfZeta

No, I think he had it right with "moron".
IMG

wmacmonagle

Bernie,

do you have an issue with me? I am bumping to share some experience how damn the price went too fast while I could have kept at right price and now it skyrocketed!..  is it because i didnt buy your mm3 at $400 that you had offered??  or what is it..

Thank you for the names!!

later

wmac

Quote from: Bernie on 04/11/2013, 05:47 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/11/2013, 05:35 PMWhy did you bump this?
Cuz he is a moron.
Arcade Line Up: UDOT, Multi-Vector Duel, Tempest Multi, Mini-Galaga, Z-Hyperspin, X360 Blast City, Spiderman Pin, 96 in 1 PacMan

Bernie

No, my issue is you constantly bombarded me with PM's, about the MM3, which is why I said 400 to 450, hoping you would leave me the hell alone.  But oh no, that didn't even work.  Even after I posted it was not for sale, you kept em coming.  So, if you are going to reveal a price I quoted, you may as well reveal WHY it was quoted that high. 

But that has nothing to do with what I said here.  You bumped an old post, to share what??   ](*,) ](*,)  Anyway, carry on....

esteban

Sparky

Quote from: Bernie on 04/13/2013, 11:23 AMNo, my issue is you constantly bombarded me with PM's, about the MM3, which is why I said 400 to 450, hoping you would leave me the hell alone.  But oh no, that didn't even work.  Even after I posted it was not for sale, you kept em coming.  So, if you are going to reveal a price I quoted, you may as well reveal WHY it was quoted that high. 

But that has nothing to do with what I said here.  You bumped an old post, to share what??   ](*,) ](*,)  Anyway, carry on....
Hahaha...I think he is on a tight time frame Bernie, couple years back he completed his collection the first time around in about 6 months :P. He is not bad guy but can be a bit much at times and impatient.

wmacmonagle

in the fact.  I pmed you and offered you $250 for the mm3 and you counter offer with 450.  I had passed quickly and gave you some joke related to the crackhead price to ebay to pcenginefx to gift price.  your offer of $450 is a ebay price and you respond and said  "all you had to say no".  I understood and told you that i wouldnt buy more than what i sold for $350.  Then you pm back and said how about meeting half way to $400.  I was like no thanks and respect your price.. I originally want to buy for $250.  I end up got mm3  off evilbay for $250 few days after talking to you.  and that was it.. and you said i bombared your pm?  WTF>>

BUMPING a old thread because I WANT TO SHARE the experience I had with this stupid display and damn..

anyway..After seeing you get BONK 3 CD. I am the part reason why you had lucky and got pity by a pcfx to give you a killer deal on bonk 3 cd and i see several of threads that you had disagreed about the price skyrocketing.  I agree and i see you want to get top dollars for your mm3 which i don't blame!.  I can be sometime impatient like sparky said.  Guilt as charge.  It s not the money i care about.  completing the collection real mean to me.  there is two different people who care about the collection or care about getting lowest price and get profit out of it by saying oh i m getting out of collection..   I pay top dollars 75% of my collections and I dont give a shit how people think if i m stupid to pay top dollars on each. I just enjoy having them.  Every top dollars i paid puts me reason why i cant sell it because i dont want to lose any money so it stays my collection longer!!!.. Nuff said!!!

anyway again.. thank you for the names!! Bernie,,,  Just do me a favor .. dont say  everybody s goughing the price on turbografx because you are one of them!!  if you disagreed what i said. you would have said this ...  Sorry it s not for sale ..  not $450!!! fack this!!

later..

wmac

Quote from: Bernie on 04/13/2013, 11:23 AMNo, my issue is you constantly bombarded me with PM's, about the MM3, which is why I said 400 to 450, hoping you would leave me the hell alone.  But oh no, that didn't even work.  Even after I posted it was not for sale, you kept em coming.  So, if you are going to reveal a price I quoted, you may as well reveal WHY it was quoted that high.  

But that has nothing to do with what I said here.  You bumped an old post, to share what??   ](*,) ](*,)  Anyway, carry on....

Bernie

I don't have the energy or time to argue with you.  So I respectfully say you win.

Bernie

Also, Mac.  Please accept my humble apology.  Please don't take me as a gouger because I'm not.  Got a lot on my plate right now, and I have a tendency to say shit before I think.  Again,  I'm sorry for being an asshole.

wmacmonagle

No prob buddy!  No harm no foul!  Cya bud!

Wmac

Quote from: Bernie on 04/14/2013, 01:05 PMAlso, Mac.  Please accept my humble apology.  Please don't take me as a gouger because I'm not.  Got a lot on my plate right now, and I have a tendency to say shit before I think.  Again,  I'm sorry for being an asshole. 

esteban

STATUS: As someone who actually enjoys hearing about the history of these rare display units, I didn't mind that wmac bumped it. However, wmac, you could probably have taken a few extra moments to better explain your history with this item to the new folks/uninformed. I remember this exact display at the local TG-16 (back in the day) and I had actually forgotten about its existence until you bumped the thread.

A MODEST PROPOSAL: If there is going to be any hate, let's hate on the Japanophiles. Thank you. bernie and wmac can live in peace. IMG