RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Hahah funniest thing I saw on Jeopardy just now.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 11/16/2005, 07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja Spirit

One of tonight's categories was "computer games", a clue with the answer "World of Warcraft" showed up, and Leeroy Jenkins was mentioned in the question. Surprisingly, none of the contestants knew what game it was.

I had no idea this Leeroy thing was going to blow up this big. :lol:

Keranu

I would probably think this was hilarious if I knew more about Warcraft and PC games in general, but anything video game related on TV is great.  :lol:
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

GUTS

It was some clip going around where a bunch of guys on World of Warcraft were standing around planning out this big battle and then this one douche yells "LEEERRROOYYY!" and goes charging into battle and gets them all killed.  Totally fake to the maximum, but kinda funny.  Then of course every retard on earth starts yelling LEERRROOYY! in every fucking online game now.

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

esteban

This is the first I've heard of Leroy as well. I'm totally out of touch with contemporary gaming. Every now and then I see bits of it, but I'm culturally illiterate.  For example, what's "Wooot! Wooot!" from?

For the longest time, I thought it was referencing generic dance songs? But then I saw this AWESOME clip taken from a local news program that documented these crazy screeching whistles folks stuck on their exhuast pipes. One of the fellows interviewed was describing the whistle's sound and went "Wooot! Wooot!"

DAMN! Maybe that's where it came from, I thought.

I still don't know...

Same goes for all the lingo: "teh" "rox" "soxers" or whatever...

I'm actually happy not knowing this stuff, so you folks don't have to explain it to me :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Haha, that exhaust pipe video was hilarious, but I don't think "w00t w00t" came from that pricesely. It has more to do with the l33t language, in which people said stuff like r0x0rs, s0x0rs, w00t, etc... but by the time that video game around, maybe people just started saying "w00t" twice so it was like the video more?
IMG

GUTS

Yeah all that shit is ultra retarded, I can't stand people who talk like that.   Internet lingo is probably the nerdiest thing ever.

esteban

yes, thank you. ultra-retarded uber dorky. do you know I only recently figured out what "L33t" referred to? I mean, I figured out its general connotation based on context a long time ago, but only recently did I have the "l33t is derived from elite" epiphany.

My brain is slow.

GUTS

Haha that's not that bad, I still don't know what the fuck people mean by PWNED.

Ninja Spirit

IMG

Crossings Blvd. is the 1337357 street in my hometown :P

TR0N

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"One of tonight's categories was "computer games", a clue with the answer "World of Warcraft" showed up, and Leeroy Jenkins was mentioned in the question. Surprisingly, none of the contestants knew what game it was.

I had no idea this Leeroy thing was going to blow up this big. :lol:
I was surpise, when i saw that as well given. How much wow is a additcive for gamers out there.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

Hahaha, Ninja Spirit! And yep, I've always known l33t was for elite and pwn3d is 0wned :P . There is a l33t word I like to use which I made up and it's called "3vilw33t", don't get it confused with "3vil133t". There is a story behind this.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Click this. This definitely explains what I made this thread for.

http://leeroyfor1000.ytmnd.com/

Damn y'all you should try YTMND. I know it looks like nothing, but the more you do it, it's addicting!

esteban

Quote from: "Keranu"Hahaha, Ninja Spirit! And yep, I've always known l33t was for elite and pwn3d is 0wned :P . There is a l33t word I like to use which I made up and it's called "3vilw33t", don't get it confused with "3vil133t". There is a story behind this.
I know: you're deathly allergic to wheat.

esteban

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"Click this. This definitely explains what I made this thread for.

http://leeroyfor1000.ytmnd.com/

Damn y'all you should try YTMND. I know it looks like nothing, but the more you do it, it's addicting!
Ha. I watched this clip cycle through about 6 times before I somehow managed to close the browser. Alex has a strange power over me... I can't resist.... must continue to watch Alex...

Keranu

I become slightly addicted to YTMND for awhile, and some of the things I see on it are hilarious.

And nope, not deadly allergic to wheat. One time I was playing Skitchin' with my cousin and when we were typing in our names, he typed in "3vil133t" and always thought it said "evil wheat", so when I tried being cool online, I would type 3vilw33t and people didn't quite get it. 3vilw33t rules.
IMG

Ninja Spirit