10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

new PC-FX emulator

Started by Armen VM, 11/08/2002, 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armen VM

Hello,

The creator of Magic Engine has updated his website.
He's also announcing that a new PC-FX emulator is in the works. Although there's still no release date , some games are according to the author already playable.
Check out the Magic Engine page in the news section for screen shots.

http://www.magicengine.com/uk_index.php
pcengine-fx.com/downloads/mefx111-demo.zip

RURUiNa

Thanks for alerting us to this.. Great news indeed! Especially with what a top-notch emulator Magic Engine is!

Armen VM

You're welcome  ^^

Armen V.M

PuniStation

Oh, well that's just GREAT, isn't it?  I finally get my newly-purchased PC-FX up n' running, and a working emulator is right around the corner.

If you're one of those people without cross-internet psychic abilities, you'll just have to imagine the look on my face.  It's not pretty.  One could almost see the flames of rage in my eyes.

ANYway... quick question:  How much can the internal PC-FX memory handle in terms of saved games?  I've done quite a bit in Tenchi Muyo, and I'm fearful of losing it.  Also, is the PC-FX like the Sega Saturn, where if you unplug it from the power switch long enough the saved games will eventually erase?

Kisses XXOOXX
Jen
IMG