@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The Brag n' Boast Thread

Started by FiftyQuid, 06/01/2012, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

syphic

Ikea rocks! Everytime im there im thinking gameroom and what shelves my games would look good in.
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

esteban

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/20/2013, 08:10 PMThanks guys!

Quote from: Deletion on 06/20/2013, 04:43 PMI spot IKEA :)  I have the same shelves but in white and the same glass CD cabinet.
The room is sponsored by IKEA. ;)

IKEA in the room includes;

The black PS3 shelf on the right (recent purchase).
The black glass CD shelf circa late 1990's.
The silver/wood shelves on the left bought in early '01.
The silver framed CafePress TG poster on the right (recent purchase).
The silver magnet board in the far left corner (recent purchase).

The apartment size couch I think is from Leon's, but it might be Loblaws.  Bought it used off Kijiji.  The inexpensive furniture keeps Mrs. Quid happy and allows me to spend the money on more games.

I think I'm going to spend some money and get an Asteroids mural going on the back wall.  I loved playing Asteroids on Atari back as a kid;
IMG

This might look good too, or a variant of it.  It's something simple I could just print out myself.
IMG
Asteroids! I loved that as a kid (and now). I never thought of that as the subject for a mural. It's totally do-able! Not nearly as intimidating as, say, a billion plastic beads recreating R-Type.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MrFlutterPie

Do you have a link to that Turbo poster?  That is all kinds of awesome :D

roflmao

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/20/2013, 09:00 PMDo you have a link to that Turbo poster?  That is all kinds of awesome :D
http://www.cafepress.com/pcenginefx.260707543

It was designed, I think, by the forum creator Aaron Nanto. :) If you go to the root of this site and dig around, you'll also find a link to it along with some other wares.

FiftyQuid

I thought of doing the million bead R-Type mural, but the wall decals are more cost effective.  :lol:

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/20/2013, 09:00 PMDo you have a link to that Turbo poster?  That is all kinds of awesome :D
IMG
Direct link:  https://www.cafepress.com/pcenginefx

Scroll all the way to the bottom.  FYI... No Pyramid Plunder on the poster (or Insanity).  :-$
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

SMF

Dam I need to get a picture of my game room up soon, Just is not very clean with boxes of crap every where, Basement so it gets tempary storage when im to lazy to put things away lol

Love the mural idea and the room is perfect
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

majors

Did some clean up in the garage:
IMG

Turn out the lights!
IMG
IMG
IMG
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

PunkCryborg

Majors I love that you have Gals Panic S running, great game

RoyVegas

At this point that's not a garage, it's an arcade.
All is well. :)

turboswimbz

I enjoy the chair choices!  but seriously that is one heck of a nice set up.  :D Homecade.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: majors on 06/21/2013, 11:13 AMDid some clean up in the garage:
Some garage you have there.  Where the hell do you park the car?  Ha!

You'd be pretty disappointed to see my garage.  It has weird crap in it like drills and socket sets.  Oh, and a car!  :shock:

Mishran

No wonder the "City" cabs are hard to come by. Majors is buying them all. :shock:

:lol:

MrFlutterPie

Nice arcade!

I only have garage :(

roflmao

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Mishran on 06/21/2013, 03:32 PMNo wonder the "City" cabs are hard to come by. Majors is buying them all. :shock:

Bulk discount from Costco?  :lol:

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Mishran on 06/21/2013, 03:32 PMNo wonder the "City" cabs are hard to come by. Majors is buying them all. :shock:

Maybe Majors just looks harder than you for them?

BlueBMW

Majors gloms onto any candy he can find!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

FiftyQuid

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/20/2013, 03:20 PM/mf1n.png
Just an update on this IKEA frame for anyone thinking of buying it - don't.  Last night I was playing some Pinball Arcade and the poster slipped inside the frame to the bottom.  The tabs that hold everything in place only hold the edges down, so because the Turbo Legacy poster doesn't fill the frame you can see wrinkling due to lack of 'press' in any place but the edges.  Back to the drawing board for this one.  I'm thinking of getting the poster laminated onto press board now.  Just not sure if I want to go this route as it use to cost about $100 to do it.