RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The Brag n' Boast Thread

Started by FiftyQuid, 06/01/2012, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiftyQuid

I wasn't sure where to put this.  It doesn't fit into the Non-NEC Console, or Homebrew Development categories, and I wanted it to include all things PC-FX, PC-Engine/SuperGrafx and TG-16/TE/TurboDuo.

The idea of this thread isn't to say "In your face!  I have this!", well...  It is and it isn't.  I am very interested to see other peoples collections.  How people have them displayed, what bookcase or shelves you use.  How you store your duplicates.  How many different consoles you have and how you keep the wiring under control.  This is a place to show off your collection, show off something you are building/restoring, show off your game room (man cave), show off a unique NEC piece, or share a great way to store/display something that you came up with. 

I'll post a picture of my setup later this evening.  It is guaranteed not to blow you away.  In fact, it may make some of you very sad.  Perhaps sad enough to send money my way.  :P  For now, I'll give an outside example to get the ball rolling.  This item belongs to tmlfan over on cgcc.ca.  I would love to get my hands on a TurboGrafx-16 kiosk like this.

IMG
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

soop

I'm quite pleased with my cabling.  All I need is a VGA adaptor for my Dreamcast, and then nothing at the back of the TV will need to be swapped around (although the SNES SCART isn't great).  It's still a horrendous mess though, but I can't see it so I don't care.

I don't think I own anything that would inspire awe to anyone here, I just own a lot of nice things.  I have a large collection of Gameboys (looking out for a black DMG-001, a blue DMG-001, a black pocket and a silver non-mirror pocket to complete my "basic colours" collection!) which I really need to sort out in a nicer display somehow.

I did make a gameboy game-holder thing out of cardboard and papier mache.  Started out as just 2 pieces of cardboard with slots for games, and then I embelished it:

IMG

I'd really like a zippo case for my gameboy games.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Sparky

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/01/2012, 11:51 AMThis item belongs to tmlfan over on cgcc.ca.  I would love to get my hands on a TurboGrafx-16 kiosk like this.
i know tmlfan as i am over on that forum from time to time,... and in see you are as well :)
i will post some new pictures of my games room and Fifty if you think that Kiosk looks good wait till ya see mine <<brag pose>> :P

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: soop on 06/01/2012, 12:16 PMI did make a gameboy game-holder thing out of cardboard and papier mache.  Started out as just 2 pieces of cardboard with slots for games, and then I embelished it:

IMG
How many hours did you put into that frame?  How big is it?  It's hard to judge from the photo.  If I remember correctly, GameBoy games are about 2" tall so that would put the frame at...carry the 1... to 1.5' tall?

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2012, 12:40 PMi know tmlfan as i am over on that forum from time to time,... and in see you are as well :)
i will post some new pictures of my games room and Fifty if you think that Kiosk looks good wait till ya see mine <<brag pose>> :P
I'm sure I'll be jealous.  I sense myself tearing up already.

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2012, 12:45 PMIMG_1098.JPG

=3
I'm still a noob.  I don't have a handle on how unique what you're posting is.  What the heck kind of NEC controller is that?

@all ~ When you post your photo(s), make sure to post some sort of back story to it.  I'd like to know how you came across each item, how long it took you to find them, and if you managed to snag something huge for $10.

PikachuWarrior

Quote from: soop on 06/01/2012, 12:16 PMI'm quite pleased with my cabling.  All I need is a VGA adaptor for my Dreamcast, and then nothing at the back of the TV will need to be swapped around (although the SNES SCART isn't great).  It's still a horrendous mess though, but I can't see it so I don't care.

I don't think I own anything that would inspire awe to anyone here, I just own a lot of nice things.  I have a large collection of Gameboys (looking out for a black DMG-001, a blue DMG-001, a black pocket and a silver non-mirror pocket to complete my "basic colours" collection!) which I really need to sort out in a nicer display somehow.

I did make a gameboy game-holder thing out of cardboard and papier mache.  Started out as just 2 pieces of cardboard with slots for games, and then I embelished it:

IMG

I'd really like a zippo case for my gameboy games.
Looks like a giant candy bar wrapper! LOL
IMG

SignOfZeta

IMG

city41

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/01/2012, 12:49 PMI'm still a noob.  I don't have a handle on how unique what you're posting is.  What the heck kind of NEC controller is that?
That's the six button controller that comes with a Duo RX:

IMG

futureman2000

=3
Nice! Is that signed? Those go for a pretty penny on the 'bay.

/sarcasm

FiftyQuid

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/01/2012, 01:25 PMgrab.by/dVNc
Again, I need some details here.  I understand they are PCE ROMs.  Is it all the games?  Where did you get them?  $$$?

Lilgrafx

if were bragging, I'll show off my brother SNES collection. He's getting married this summer and once that happens he's taking the collections with him, I'm gonna miss it  :cry: .

IMG
IMG

nectarsis

How is it bragging when it's someone ELSE'S collection  :P :lol:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

turbokon

Here are some pictures of mine. Gotton some more systems and games since then, super grafx, duo-r, neogeo pocket, etc.  Looking to build a custom shelve for all the systems I have. I want to know how you guys store your controllers and accessories?

superkon316/df94b84b.jpg
superkon316/bb6361f7.jpg
superkon316/6625a0a0.jpg
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

roflmao

Quote from: turbokon on 06/01/2012, 03:12 PMHere are some pictures of mine. Gotton some more systems and games since then, super grafx, duo-r, neogeo pocket, etc.  Looking to build a custom shelve for all the systems I have. I want to know how you guys store your controllers and accessories?
Hey, I have that same shelving system.  You're using it to better effect than I did.  It was starting to buckle under the weight of my 27" tube tv, so now it's sitting in the garage. :)

city41

Quote from: turbokon on 06/01/2012, 03:12 PMHere are some pictures of mine.
One lonely little Neo Geo game :( But, it looks to be KOF94! :D

PikachuWarrior

Those shelves (your game systems are on) look like ones you buy at Walmart. I don't connect all my consoles at once, except the ps3/360 and maybe a third one (right now it's the TG/CD). I hate dust lol
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/01/2012, 12:49 PMI'm still a noob.  I don't have a handle on how unique what you're posting is.  What the heck kind of NEC controller is that?
I wasn't posting the controller so much as I was posting Insanity.

I made it.  That's the first copy to come out of the boxes and be photographed / tested.  It's worth infinity $
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: turbokon on 06/01/2012, 03:12 PMI want to know how you guys store your controllers and accessories?
A TurboStick, an Acemore Freedom-16, and a couple of those shitty Pythons are boxed up in the closet; five wireless controllers sit on a shelf, face down to keep the dust out; and there's a little wicker basket on the shelves to hold a tap, a few 2 and 6 button wired pads, and a couple extension cables.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/01/2012, 02:13 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/01/2012, 01:25 PMgrab.by/dVNc
Again, I need some details here.  I understand they are PCE ROMs.  Is it all the games?  Where did you get them?  $$$?
I was sarcastically trying to post a picture of the lamest least apealing Turbo thing I could think of.

I'm sure there is some scumbag that would charge you for a complete ROM set, but everything is free on the Internet.
IMG

PikachuWarrior

I put my extra controllers and cords/cables in ziploc bags (those freezer food sized ones), and then label what bag is for what system.
IMG

cabbage

=3
Hmm, I think I can see the start of the DUO-R text hiding behind the RX controller...  :-"

What's up with that Dragon Power article in the background? I love that game ;3 Send me better pics, I want to read it hehe

NecroPhile

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/01/2012, 03:46 PMI'm sure there is some scumbag that would charge you for a complete ROM set, but everything is free on the Internet.
Like this eBay twat?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2012, 04:03 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/01/2012, 03:46 PMI'm sure there is some scumbag that would charge you for a complete ROM set, but everything is free on the Internet.
Like this eBay twat?
Wow. That's some old bullshit on so many levels.

My collection doesn't have a lady in her underwear on the cover, but it has a lot more games.
IMG

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2012, 04:03 PM
Like this eBay twat?
Is that the 4th Bikini Girls title? :P
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

VestCunt

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/01/2012, 03:33 PMfive wireless controllers sit on a shelf, face down to keep the dust out;
I'd recommend keeping them right-side-up and using a cloth dust cover. Long-term pressure on the buttons, even just the weight of a controller, seems to fatigue the rubber innards.
Topic Adjourned.

Samurai Ghost

My collection has been so fragmented over the years, I can't wait to settle down some place and have all of my games organized in one place but that won't happen for a few months at least.

roflmao

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 06/01/2012, 05:55 PMMy collection has been so fragmented over the years, I can't wait to settle down some place and have all of my games organized in one place but that won't happen for a few months at least.
Yeah, I have stuff spread out all over the place.  :D

turbokon

Quote from: city41 on 06/01/2012, 03:25 PM
Quote from: turbokon on 06/01/2012, 03:12 PMHere are some pictures of mine.
One lonely little Neo Geo game :( But, it looks to be KOF94! :D
Actually it's samurai showdown 2. Neogeo games are just ridiculously expensive to collect for, especially the games I want to get like metal slug, pulstar and blazing star. I'll been thinking about getting a mvs to aes converter.

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2012, 03:18 PM
Quote from: turbokon on 06/01/2012, 03:12 PMHere are some pictures of mine. Gotton some more systems and games since then, super grafx, duo-r, neogeo pocket, etc.  Looking to build a custom shelve for all the systems I have. I want to know how you guys store your controllers and accessories?
Hey, I have that same shelving system.  You're using it to better effect than I did.  It was starting to buckle under the weight of my 27" tube tv, so now it's sitting in the garage. :)
Cool, I picked this up from a garage sale.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

FiftyQuid

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/01/2012, 03:50 PMI put my extra controllers and cords/cables in ziploc bags (those freezer food sized ones), and then label what bag is for what system.
Those Ziploc bags are clear.  Why do you have to label the bags?

As promised... B-E-H-O-L-D!  My game room!  Yes there are no chairs.  Well, actually there are, but they're dining room chairs.  I usually sit on the floor and lean up against them.  Under the coffee table is a hard case for the TG-16+CD, 3 TurboPads, and 1 TurboTap.  In the background is the broken and disassembled CD unit I recently purchased.  It's waiting patiently for a gear from Keith Courage and hopefully once installed *fingers-crossed* it'll fire itself up.  The whole room is a work in progress (obviously). 

Step 1: Convince my wife to allow me to takeover the room. [COMPLETED]
Step 2: Convince my wife to let me start collecting my old TG-16 games. [COMPLETED]
Step 3: Empty the crap out of the room and move "my crap" in. [PENDING]
Step 4: Renovate the basement (where the room resides), and design it to include a "gaming area". [LONG TERM GOAL]
Step 5: Convince my wife we need a minimum of 1 pinball machine, and 1 cocktail arcade table [PRAY EVERY DAY]

Oh, and if anyone is curious... yes, I do have all the pieces for the mobile on the baby swing and it is for sale.  However, I would prefer to trade it for HU cards.  :)

dscn6804.jpg

PunkCryborg

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/01/2012, 08:14 PMStep 1: Convince my wife to allow me to takeover the room. [COMPLETED]
Step 2: Convince my wife to let me start collecting my old TG-16 games. [COMPLETED]
Step 3: Empty the crap out of the room and move "my crap" in. [PENDING]
Step 4: Renovate the basement (where the room resides), and design it to include a "gaming area". [LONG TERM GOAL]
Step 5: Convince my wife we need a minimum of 1 pinball machine, and 1 cocktail arcade table [PRAY EVERY DAY]
Pro tip: don't ask wife, just bring the cabs and shit in the house without asking. They'll be upset at first but then finish another house project they have been nagging you about for a long time and bring her home like some cupcakes and wine and they'll forget all about the game room.

roflmao

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/01/2012, 08:14 PMOh, and if anyone is curious... yes, I do have all the pieces for the mobile on the baby swing and it is for sale.  However, I would prefer to trade it for HU cards.  :)
Hey, I have that baby swing.  Only our kid outgrew it so now it's sitting in the garage. :D

Sadler

I bought my first house last year. Pretty much the entire thing is a man cave, but I've had some time to work on my game room this past month. One of the previous owners was kind enough to frame a random section of my basement, so I hung some slat wall. This stuff is great, the hooks and shelves you can get for it allow you to configure things pretty much however you want. Love this stuff! Anyway, some pics...

Left side: 29w3br6.jpg
Right side: 2hqup04.jpg

Nintendo/random stuff: 1zqwjnn.jpg
TG16/PCE games: cumfd.jpg

First look at systems. Here's the FC Twin, DuoRX, Xbox, and Genesis+SegaCD:
a4mrki.jpg

Another look at systems, here's the DuoRX, SuperGrafx and SNES:
2uy20e8.jpg

Pic of TG/PCE stuff on slat wall: 34zylq8.jpg

Main shelf on slat wall: 167qjir.jpg

PCE cables. First set of coils are PCE/TurboDuo extension cables, second TG16, third TG->PCE converter cables:
2pycqw2.jpg

Basket of TG/PCE stuff, mostly controllers: 209rjoj.jpg

Basket of mostly Nintendo stuff, but some random TG boxes: 2istm39.jpg

PunkCryborg

The slat wall reminds me of the game store my neighbor's mom owned when I was a kid!
I love the Golgo 13 poster too, it's bitchen

roflmao

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/01/2012, 09:51 PMThe slat wall reminds me of the game store my neighbor's mom owned when I was a kid!
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the pics. :)  It reminded me of the store I first bought my TG-16 from.

EDIT:  I'm not poking fun at you - I think it's pretty cool!

NightWolve

That's awesome Sadler! "Man cave" indeed... But congrats more so on getting your first house!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2012, 08:32 PMHey, I have that baby swing.  Only our kid outgrew it so now it's sitting in the garage. :D
Why do you think mine is sitting in that room?  Our kid outgrew it at 5 months.  Damn thing sucked batteries, and barely rocked with her in it.  I was going to solder it up with dummy batteries and a AC adapter, but I never found the time to do it.

@Sadler ~ LOVE the slat walls.  I never would have thought to do that.  My brain is dreaming up uses as I type this.  Ha!  Is that a Super System Card v3.0 for TG-16?  I've been looking for one of those, but the damn things are outrageously prices.  Mind me asking how much you payed for that one?

Frank_fjs

This is my rarest game; I wear surgical gloves, a dust mask and a shower cap before handling it:

IMG

PikachuWarrior

IMG

VestCunt

Sadler - that slat wall is the shit.
FiftyQuid - Nice, simple, elegant setup (esp. once the rest of the room falls into place). Looks like you're do for a  controller extension or Nat's extend-a-turbotap.
Topic Adjourned.

Samurai Ghost

Nice room/collection Sadler!!

bob

some nice set-ups in here.  I love the store display wall.

Anyway, here's some of mine...

dotsandloops.com/retro/bookcase.jpg
dotsandloops.com/retro/setup.jpg

And while we're "bragging", here's me in the GamesTM publication...

dotsandloops.com/retro/games.jpg

city41

My setup is a bit cramped in the guest room. We currently have a 2 bedroom condo. Looking forward to expanding into a house. TG16+CD, Neo AES, Neo CDZ and a Core Grafx 2 peeking from behind the TV. I tend to prefer gaming from Japanese companies with three letter acronyms :)

SetupJJ+Jeff.jpg

I've also got modern systems hooked up in the living room, but basically never play them (my girlfriend plays them).

Sadler

Thanks guys! :D

FiftyQuid, that's a case for a US Super System card, but sadly that's all it is. Let's just say it pays to actually read what an item is before buying it.  :oops: I do actually have the other system cards shown there.

galam, is that article you wrote available online anywhere? Any chance we can see a scan? :D

bob

here is a PDF, you may want to increase it to 150% in order to read it.

dotsandloops.com/retro/scan.pdf

NightWolve

Hm, I guess I should give Beyond Shadowgate another chance some day given the love for it around here. I had the image once, but I had an external firewire drive that went bad and I wound up destroying the 80GB drive that was connected to it... Lost a lot of PC Engine stuff.

Bernie

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/02/2012, 03:51 PMHm, I guess I should give Beyond Shadowgate another chance some day given the love for it around here. I had the image once, but I had an external firewire drive that went bad and I wound up destroying the 80GB drive that was connected to it... Lost a lot of PC Engine stuff.
Let me know if you wanna play it.  I will mail you mine on loan, or create an image with TurboRip and upload it for you.

PikachuWarrior

Beyond Shadowgate looks like a great game, but way too expensive. There was only one completed auction for over $300. Is that the going price these days?

I don't want to do backups.
IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: galam on 06/02/2012, 08:12 AM/retro/games.jpg
Is this issue available online anywhere?  I'd like to read what you wrote.
Topic Adjourned.

NightWolve

Yeah, you missed it; he linked to a scanned pdf:

Quote from: galam on 06/02/2012, 01:20 PMhere is a PDF, you may want to increase it to 150% in order to read it.
/retro/scan.pdf

bob

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/02/2012, 05:30 PMYeah, you missed it; he linked to a scanned PDF:
Quote from: galam on 06/02/2012, 01:20 PMhere is a PDF, you may want to increase it to 150% in order to read it.
/retro/scan.pdf
They also have an iPad app that lets you buy back issues. This is from 2010
But just like all the mags that cover retro, they never give turbo any airtime