Mysterious Song for the Xbox 360

Started by OldRover, 06/14/2012, 03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

As much as I said I'd never touch this damn game again once it was sent off to press... wifey convinced me to convert it as my test project for XBLA. So tonight, I took the test code I had developed earlier and used it as a base for an "official" Xbox 360 conversion. It's starting out, of course, as a normal Windows game, but will then be converted to an Xbox 360 project... XNA makes this process braindead simple.

Here's a screenshot of the map render core, using the Toren map and the original tiles, scaled to 2x:

/msr360.png
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Bernie

OldRover

Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Bernie

lol..  Might not could afford that!!!  HA!

jlued686

I bought Insanity on XBL and I'd buy this. No question.

Mishran

How much for the Windows version? :P

OldRover

Doubt I'll release a Windows version.

OldRover

Looks like it's going to be a split demonstration... "original" PCE version and an HD version. :) Both will be in the same package. The "original" version will come out first, and then the HD revision will be an "update" later on.

An example of the conversion process:
IMG became IMG

Nando

Bernie

RegalSin

QuoteLooks like it's going to be a split demonstration... "original" PCE version and an HD version.
I didn't pre-order the game, to get any  :-({|= about HD. I pre-ordered the game, to play it on a real game console, in it's imortality. I mean okay, if you are using, whatever art at X resolution, good for those Hard ram users, seriously, I brought the game for the PCE.

About wives, yes yes, I am sure she is right ( of course she is ), somebody with XBL, will be like "Zomgsh, classic retero, graphics. Look everybody I am playing a new game.
IMGIMG

OldRover

And I didn't spend $1100 to wait around for four months, waiting for the pressing house to get shit done correctly, but that seems to be how things went down... :(

NecroPhile

Quote from: RegalSin on 06/28/2012, 11:42 PMI didn't pre-order the game, to get any  :-({|= about HD. I pre-ordered the game, to play it on a real game console, in it's imortality. I mean okay, if you are using, whatever art at X resolution, good for those Hard ram users, seriously, I brought the game for the PCE.
Go fuck yourself.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 06/19/2012, 01:36 PMLooks like it's going to be a split demonstration... "original" PCE version and an HD version. :) Both will be in the same package. The "original" version will come out first, and then the HD revision will be an "update" later on.

An example of the conversion process:
IMG became IMG
Interesting!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sparky

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/29/2012, 10:47 AM
Quote from: RegalSin on 06/28/2012, 11:42 PMI didn't pre-order the game, to get any  :-({|= about HD. I pre-ordered the game, to play it on a real game console, in it's imortality. I mean okay, if you are using, whatever art at X resolution, good for those Hard ram users, seriously, I brought the game for the PCE.
Go fuck yourself.
hahahaha....

T2KFreeker

Quote from: guest on 07/04/2012, 04:49 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/29/2012, 10:47 AM
Go fuck yourself.
hahahaha....
I concur.
END OF LINE.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Bernie

What in the hell......  MG, why you do this to me?????   My eyes!!!!!!!

MotherGunner

Now now Bernie.  I DID crop it just right...*wink*
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

OldRover

Now that I've finally got the CC bit going, I went to convert MSRX to its 360 format. Started up VS'10 only to find that every one of my projects has been erased. All of them... they're all gone. They're just fucking gone. I have no idea how that happened, but dumbass me never backed them up either. That really bites, as MSRX was close to completion and I had written a pretty nifty gamepad event system that was very similar to the one in HuC. Oh well... time to start over. The gamepad event system can be rewritten pretty quickly, but MSRX can't be... although most of the code from the HuC version is directly portable, it still took a month to code it and it will take another month to recode it.

So, scratch MSRX as a test program. Oh well... even though the wipeout also took my modified versions of Riemers' tutorials, I just snagged Series3D2 and did a quick conversion... took about an hour. Rewrote it to use the gamepad rather than the keyboard, and bumped it up to 1920x1080. The result:

/deply1ofMANY.jpg

It's not MSRX but it does show that I'm now able to deploy apps to the 360. Riemers' textures look like crap on my hidef screen though... I could replace them with better textures. :)

Senshi

Quote from: RegalSin on 06/28/2012, 11:42 PM
QuoteLooks like it's going to be a split demonstration... "original" PCE version and an HD version.
I didn't pre-order the game, to get any  :-({|= about HD. I pre-ordered the game, to play it on a real game console, in it's imortality. I mean okay, if you are using, whatever art at X resolution, good for those Hard ram users, seriously, I brought the game for the PCE.

About wives, yes yes, I am sure she is right ( of course she is ), somebody with XBL, will be like "Zomgsh, classic retero, graphics. Look everybody I am playing a new game.
lol...just write in your native language and i'll google translate it, it will make more sense.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero