RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

How do I post pictures up in this forum?

Started by Bardoly, 08/09/2012, 04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bardoly

Title.

Thanks in advance for the information.

Bernie

You have to host them elsewhere and paste the image url here.

NecroPhile

Like Bernie said.  Use imageshack, tinypic, photobucket, etc. and use the 'embed' link they provide.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Colossus1574

Quote from: guest on 08/09/2012, 04:36 PMLike Bernie said.  Use imageshack, tinypic, photobucket, etc. and use the 'embed' link they provide.
Hey NecroPhile, would the embed function work the same on MSN Skydrive?
i tried so many times to put up a photo here once (where it can be viewed w/o going to a link), but it never worked and had to settle with posting a skydrive link  8-[ Maybe i'm just using it wrong....i guess Skydrive is more for online storage then say image hosting.
I just signed up for Photobucket today, looks pretty easy to use Bardoly.

NecroPhile

I don't know, Colossus - I've never used Skydrive.  Try clicking on photos or right-click and then 'view photo'; if you can get to an url that is for just that pic, it should embed just fine.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Colossus1574

Thanks NecroPhile  :wink:
Yah, Bardoly, Photobucket is super easy to use. I love how it automatically opens up different types of links for you to click to copy right away. You also have unlimited storage which is cool. Even company as big as FlickR has limits on how much u can upload/month...
And if you got FB it makes signing up a snap...not that i mean to plug FB  :---)

IMG
"testing 1,2,3"

roflmao

If you have Dropbox you can drop images in your "Public" folder (I'd create a "Photos" sub-folder or something like that) then right-click on them and select "Dropbox > Copy Public Link".  Then in a post here just type "[ img ] ctrl V to paste link[/ img ]"  Get rid of the spaces in my previous example.

This is a test:

IMG

If you don't have Dropbox, I'd highly recommend it.  Use this link to check it out: http://db.tt/RDCfgbH By using that link we'll both get an extra 250mb of space if you choose to sign up. :D

EDIT:  I just wanted to mention that this isn't how I normally upload photos, but just thought of it now, so I may try it more in the future.  Usually I upload images to my website and link to them there, but this seems even simpler!

Bernie

roflmao

Quote from: Bernie on 08/09/2012, 07:26 PMThat Turbo Duo looks familiar ....
It's been getting a lot of use. :)

Bernie

Bardoly

I have a box.com account (because it seems to work better for The Cover Project), and I've tried the imbed option, but I haven't been able to make it work yet.  :(