10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Mysterious Song is now released

Started by OldRover, 08/26/2012, 11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

New mailers have finally arrived so shipping will continue. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

BlackandBlue

Quote from: OldRover on 12/07/2012, 11:36 AMNew mailers have finally arrived so shipping will continue. :)
Yay!  Looking forward to seeing this in the mail
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

OldRover

Four orders were just shipped out; more will be sent tomorrow morning... let's see how many I can assemble in an evening. :)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

ddd1234

So how many copies are still remaining?
OBEY TECH N9NE!

OldRover

Looks like about 30 orders still have to be shipped from the first 100, and I have a queue of about 15 that are from after it. 13 more were packed last night; unfortunately, we didn't get to make the drop this morning so they will be sent on Monday. Many of the remaining first 100 are international orders and we're now in Xmas season so some of the international orders may not show up until early 2013, but everyone's will be sent before that.

Shou

Just wondering if mine has been sent or not...
become history

OldRover

PM me and I'll find out where your order is in the queue.

TheClash603

Mine was shipped today.  Ohhh yeahzz.

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 12/02/2012, 05:16 PMThere is a package being sent to NJ tomorrow.
It arrived safely, but I forgot to report it IMG IMG IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

OldRover

There are only five CONFIRMED domestic orders left to ship. Anyone in the USA who has not gotten any word of theirs shipping... contact me immediately.

Arjak

I have not heard anything about my Making of DVD shipping. :|
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

OldRover

Oh and people... when you PM me... please give me your real name in the message... things don't get postal-mailed to your forum names. :)

GohanX

I feel bad that some people still haven't got their copy and mine's been sitting in my living room for months, unplayed :(

Mathius

Quote from: OldRover on 12/13/2012, 03:49 PMOh and people... when you PM me... please give me your real name in the message... things don't get postal-mailed to your forum names. :)
I made that error. Learn from my mistake, people. Learn!

OldRover

Well, most people have received their copies at this point... it's mostly international orders that haven't all gone out yet.

henrycsc

Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

PCEngineFX

What did I see in my mailbox today but Mysterious Song.  Very glad to see this one finally shipped - will be hooking up my Turbo again to play this.  Thank you much.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

Mathius

esteban

blueraven

Goddamn, Rove. You did it.

Congrat's dude. I know you've been working on it for days and I'm glad to see it finally come to fruition.

JoshTurboTrollX

On Christmas Eve I got our DVD extra'd copy of Mysterious Song in the mail!!  Thank you so much Rove,  you guys did it!!  Got to pop it in with along with my other Xmas SS games and had one of the most memorable Christmas gaming days ever!  The Bonus DVD had me in stitches!!  Keranu's interview was SO FUNNY!!

Way to go, and thank you so much!!

</spent>
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 12/26/2012, 06:46 AMOn Christmas Eve I got our DVD extra'd copy of Mysterious Song in the mail!!  Thank you so much Rove,  you guys did it!!  Got to pop it in with along with my other Xmas SS games and had one of the most memorable Christmas gaming days ever!  The Bonus DVD had me in stitches!!  Keranu's interview was SO FUNNY!!

Way to go, and thank you so much!!

</spent>
I gotta watch this video/DVD!!!

Arjak

Quote from: esteban on 12/26/2012, 12:25 PMI gotta watch this video/DVD!!!
It's an awesome video. I found all of it fascinating, but Keranu stole the show with his segment. :lol:
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Arjak on 12/26/2012, 01:11 PM
Quote from: esteban on 12/26/2012, 12:25 PMI gotta watch this video/DVD!!!
It's an awesome video. I found all of it fascinating, but Keranu stole the show with his segment. :lol:
Indeed, I must agree!  Seems like K stole the show! :)
IMG

arromdee

Marll

Got mine a few weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Soon though.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

_Paul

I'm getting a bit worried that someone dropped mine off the boat on the way here...

mrhaboobi

Quote from: guest on 01/22/2013, 04:42 AMI'm getting a bit worried that someone dropped mine off the boat on the way here...
Ditto.  Guys had it been sent?  I know you had some delays.  I'm shifting house in 2 weeks so need to update my address if u haven't sent it.
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 01/22/2013, 04:42 AMI'm getting a bit worried that someone dropped mine off the boat on the way here...
Having just listened to 10 PC Engine City podcasts today... I totally read that in your voice Paul.  :)

If you're looking for answers regarding your copy of MSR I'd suggest PMing the Rove man himself to find out.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

mrhaboobi

Ive PM'd him no reply, must be on holiday :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

Keranu

Haven't seen Nod/Old Rover around on the Frozen Utopia forums lately. Unfortunately I have no clue on the status of both of your packages. If I had extra DVDs, I'd re-send the whole set to ya's.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, it's been several days since Nod's been around :-k I hope he's doing ok.
IMG

turboswimbz

I believe he said recently sent some out a few weeks ago, And I just recieved my copy...although I didn't get all those preorder goodies.  Speaking of which, Although I didn't get to see a whole lot of it, Awesome game guys, and thanks!  8)  now if I only had time to play it.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

OldRover

All of the confirmed international orders have already been shipped, with just a couple of exceptions. Some may take additional time to arrive. There have been a few that have taken a month, and one that took two months for who-knows-what reason.

And I have not been around lately due to IRL personal reasons, in addition to competing in a fierce game design competition.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: OldRover on 02/01/2013, 02:06 AM..... in addition to competing in a fierce game design competition with a scantly dressed digitized lady throwing rubber eggs!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/01/2013, 06:51 AM
Quote from: OldRover on 02/01/2013, 02:06 AM..... in addition to competing in a fierce game design competition with a scantly dressed digitized lady throwing rubber eggs!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My brother in law lives in China, & the latest scam there is for people to sell rubber eggs!  One guy was boiling an egg, & it wouldn't boil.  He called the police about it, they didn't believe him, so he threw it against a wall & it bounced!  I guess the only way to tell if they are fake, is to crack the shell & see if there's a membrane there.  Apparently it's cheaper to make fake eggs rather then having chickens to make real ones?

Ok, back on topic, Mysterious Song!! :D
IMG

CGQuarterly

Wow.  I don't see how a fake rubber egg is cheaper to make than a real one, but I guess the numbers work out.  I mean, you can feed a chicken nothing but kitchen scraps and still get an egg a day.

Chris

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 02/01/2013, 05:40 PMWow.  I don't see how a fake rubber egg is cheaper to make than a real one, but I guess the numbers work out.  I mean, you can feed a chicken nothing but kitchen scraps and still get an egg a day.

Chris
Yeah, the only thing we can figure is that maybe the space to house alot of chickens isn't really available in comparison to just making homemade fake eggs in your apartment...I don't know, either way, it's quite strange, but fairly amusing.
IMG

SignOfZeta

That story sounds like %100 total fucking bullshit.

I mean, maybe if you for some reason had some fake movie prop eggs laying around already or something, then you might sell them to some guy, but...chicken eggs are NOT expensive or time consuming to make.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

I don't know, my brother in law has run into alot of strange stuff in China, especially the scams, & he's never been the type to make stuff up.  I believe it was in the news in his area, though I'd have to ask him next time we talk to him to be sure.
IMG

turboswimbz

TIME ARTICLE:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/11/06/how-to-make-a-rotten-egg/

Seems plausible to me:

consider Chickens require and feed, room and any feed are both a premium in a place like China.  According to this article it's about half the cost of producing real eggs.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

VestCunt

I believe it. Last year they were selling their poor plastic rice. I wish our food suppliers were as creative; we just get the same old cellulose and MSG day in and day out.
Topic Adjourned.

esteban

OldRover

OK... I've been finding out that a large number of the orders we recently sent out, within the last couple of months, have not been reaching their destinations. One or two occasionally being a bit late is fine, but we're talking roughly a dozen or so orders are simply not arriving, even domestic orders. Anyone who has not gotten theirs, please let me know so I can send a replacement. We are going to ship through Camuy again rather than Arecibo, since the problem happened when shipping through Arecibo.

This message will also be posted on our Facebook page.

_Paul

Bernie

OldRover

Shit, even after the thing's been closed off, and all the orders were sent out, we're still cursed by this goddamn project. And what's more is that I took inventory of all the replacements we need to do, and we're a little short on replacement DVD cases, so I have to order more now... won't take long to replace but it's just another damn brick in the wall. I wonder if big manufacturers have these kinds of problems. On the plus side, we've got plenty of discs, and Keranu had plenty of extra inserts printed.

termis

Yeah, but - still haven't received mine either - I don't know when you sent it, it can be a simply delay crossing the pond, but either way, let me know... (also double check if you've sent it to the right address as I can easily see something like that getting mixed up over the years & different people taking care of shipping addresses, etc.)

cosmos99

I've not received mines too(France) , i'm fine to wait longer but please keep a replacement order just in case,thanks!

liquitek

Hi mate, 

I see there are some delivery issues and I don't mind waiting longer as things get straightened out.
If you could reply here or pm me when it ships or if it has been shipped, I'd appreciate it.  :)

Cheers