@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

MagicEngine PC-FX Progress

Started by retroK, 01/28/2003, 12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retroK

geepee16

MagicEngine runs PC-FX stuff?  I had no idea of this.  I thought it was strictly Turbo & PCE & SGX.  The only PC-FX emulators i know of  are the FXer project through here and another one which I cannot remember the name of.  Interesting...What else does Magic Engine support for the PC-FX?

retroK

It´s not MagicEngine itself but the Developers from MagicEngine.

They are coding a new, unreleased and currently unnamed PC-FX Emulator.

Other working games are:
Minimum Nanonic
Farland Story FX
Tyoushin Heiki Zeroigar

bigkahunaps2

wow, great news!

Kaminari

Hi,

Actually, many more games are already working since Summer 2002. The development of the emulator is going along nicely. Shouldn't be too long before the first release

Armen VM

Ryusennin, do you know if those games are playable on the upcoming emulator ?

- Miraculum  the Last Revelation (above all, this one ^^)
   - Dragon Knight 4
   - The Last Imperial Prince
   - Team Innocent

Thanks in advance.

PS : Tu ne serais pas le même Kaminari que celui du site de Magic Engine ? Saurais-tu par hasard, dans combien de temps sera dispo la 1ere version de l'emu ? (faut-il compter en nombre de jours ou de semaines ?  ^^)

Kaminari

Armen>

I'm not a beta tester, so I can't answer these

You should directly ask David on the Magic Forum, although he's quite busy at this time.

PS : oui, je suis bien Kaminari

retroK

Another game fully playable: Last Imperial Prince

Look here: http://www.magicengine.com/uk_index.php

Kaminari

Those games also work OK:

First Kiss Monogatari
Megami Tengoku 2
Anime Freak series

Blue Breaker is not playable yet.

Kleiter

Hey does this FX thingy ma bobber have any playable tenchi muyop games? i heard the made tenchi muyo games for itbut i don't know what there called.

PCEngineFX

// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

dpaint4

I can't believe how exciting this all is!  Had no idea it was so far along!

PCEngineFX

It has been announced that MagicEngineFX will be released on or around the 19th of November (same time as the new MagicEngine 1.0).  This is very exciting as this has been a long-time coming to the community and will rejuvenate interest into the PC-FX system, as well as allow people who couldn't afford the console to experience it.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

magicbastard

What a bunch of bullshit.  If you really loved PC-FX or any other system for that matter, you wouldn't be praising the piracy of its games.  I left a saturn board recently because I was disgusted at the fact that people were posting up bit torrents of games.  Yeah so more people will be able to play pc-fx now, that's great.  Dosen't make it any more legal.  I respect the system enough to at least trade or buy the games off of true fans, likewise for the "expensive" systems.

jlued686

I agree to a certain extent...BUT...it's such a pain in the ass to get a PC FX and they're so freaking expensive.  It took me forever to get one.  Not only that, I'm all for exposing as many people to the greatness of these systems by any means possible.  

Man...the subject of emulation is like the abortion issue of video gaming, isn't it?  ;)

dpaint4

MagicBastard,

If it had not been for emulation, I would not have ever bought a Turbo Duo, or Turbo Express or any of the games I have.  I don't just hand over the cash unless I like what I'll be getting.

As for the PC-FX, bought mine about a week ago, new and sealed.  After shipping it was about $200 which I'd say is pretty cheap for something like this and cosidering it's rarity.  I love it.

Don't be so hard on emulation.  It plays a good roll in selling games.  Mind Rec used  it to market their Meteor Blaster game before it's CD release, and that helped their sales.  

What else...  I think you sound like a mean person.  Calm down.