@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What kind of set-up do you use to enjoy your game systems?

Started by PCEngineHell, 01/29/2006, 12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineHell

What kind of set up are you using for your gaming needs? High end,low end,med end? Is audio the major factor piece of your set-up, or your monitor? List details and pics of what you use and what your set-up is like. This should not be a bragging post for what all game systems you own either,just more or less interested in the set-up you use FOR your game systems.

cavein2000

Umm...  I have a decent sized Sony TV (maybe 32 inch?)  No sound enhancements, but the tv does well on its own.  The setup I have  runs all of my consoles into two different modulators.  I have everything labeled so if I want to play turbo grafx I press the button for it.  Then I keep any Adaptor bricks unplugged and plug in the appropriate ones when I play.  They are also labeled.  It would be nice to get a larger power strip, have everything plugged in and then just switch the power strip on and off.  

One thing I wanted to do was rig it so that I had one set of A/V cables running from the tv that split into both modulators.  Any advice? I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to wiring.  

Another thing I am looking into is picking up a video game chair.  I've seen this one that has a controller connected to it that goes for around 500.00, but I'm more going for comfort.  Also Best Buy has a rocker style chair, (looks kind of cheap)that goes for about 100 dollars.  Any recommendations?
What a horrible night to have a curse...

rolins

Currently, I'm on the low end. Simply using a 13in tv for my consoles: Nes, MSX2+, Duo-R, PS2.

For pc games and emu I'm running them off a laptop.

Toshiba Satellite
WinXP PRO
1.4ghz Pentium M Centrino
60 GB HDD
1GB Ram
16x DVD combo

Not the most powerful computer, but enough for my needs.

Ninja Spirit

I don't have no fancy Stereo set up but I got a APEX TV with just yellow and white jacks, which sucks because the sound output from one of the audio channels don't come through. Instead I got several of my systems on a AV jukebox hooked into the VCR in which I can get full sound.

dj898

i just use a spare SONY telly that I got for free at the guest room via composite...  bit too much of hassle to move thing around to our movie room to hook up via AV receiver to PDP... :(

OldRover

A little 13" television that's connected to a mostly broken VCR that serves no purpose except to be an input signal from my PS2. :D My TG16 doesnt work and I dont use my Sega CD anymore...all my Turbo gaming is thru Magic Engine or Mednafen.

Ninja Spirit: get a Y-adapter for your audio cables...that's what I do...it will combine the left and right signals so both come thru. You can get 'em really cheap these days.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

PC Gaijin

I use a 27" Toshiba for TV gaming. Not a particularly great TV, in fact I'm not very happy with it because it has some geometry problems, but I got it super-cheap a few years ago. I have either an Xbox or Gamecube hooked up to the component inputs, but only one at a time because I only have one set of inputs and no switcher. Turbografx-16 with CD unit is hooked up to one of the composite inputs. PS2, Saturn, SNES, and Dreamcast are hooked up to an S-video switchbox. Whenever I feel like playing N64 or PC-FX I'll hook those up to the last open input on the switchbox, but I hardly ever use those two systems so they're usually not hooked up. For audio, I just use the TV's speakers.

For PC gaming I have a rig I built almost four years ago. Really overdue for an upgrade, but I don't feel like spending the cash atm (I just bought Half-Life 2 though, maybe that will force me to upgrade). I use a 19" Samsung CRT with the PC. I have another Dreamcast that is hooked up to the monitor via VGA box. Finally, I have an XRGB-2+ to use my old Playstation and another Saturn on the monitor. I have to use a switchbox so my PC, DC, and XRGB can all be hooked up to the monitor at once. For audio I have a 5.1 speaker setup, but it's mostly only good for PC games. Trying to route audio from the consoles thru my PC sound card sounds terrible, so I'll usually use headphones with the consoles. I also have a component to VGA adapter that I use with the Xbox and Gamecube sometimes to play on the monitor, but not very often because I have to lug the systems back and forth from my TV (and get them all connected).

I've been wanting to build a home theater setup for awhile now, but I'm waiting for a few things. Mainly, I'm waiting until I buy a new house (probably sometime in the next two years) which also gives me time for TV prices to come down and figure out which of 360/PS3 is going to be the one I want. I don't want to get either until I get an HDTV since it seems like they'd mostly be wasted on an SDTV.

PCEngineHell

My set-up for my jamma gaming and normal net needs ar as follows:
Apex 24 inch monitor. Has S-video input,3 rca composite inputs,and 1 rca composite output so you can do capture card stuff with it. The audio on it is only mono,but its dual speaker at least. The picture has been calibrated using a Avia disc. That disc will all but help you get rid of contrast bending and color bleeding. I found it to have better results then my THX one even.

Computer is a Pentium 3 slot-1 using a Asus P2B-F. I have a Voodoo 5500 agp in there and a Soundblaster 512,along with a Sony cd-r burner. This will basically run Nebula perfect except for a few Neo roms like Riding Hero and handles all my 3DFX Glide gaming needs.

Computer monitor is a Daewoo cmc-1701m. It has both d-sub and bnc connection and can produce 1280x1024 resolution.Its a 17 inch monitor.

Pioneer CLD-M301 for light laserdisc needs.

My audio is run into two systems,
1. A Sony CMT-HP7,which will do digital audio input,and rca input,has 5 different audio settings,plu s aQ-Sound like setting,and plays MP3s. Is also a 5 disc changer.
2. Altec Lansing ACS45 speaker system with front firing sub woofer.

Anything I use is run into both of these audio systems including the Glide gaming computer.

I use my supergun stuff on this mostly,and some laserdisc stuff and Dvix/Xvid,and K-Vcd stuff.

/entertainmentpic19qm.jpg
/entertainmentpic29ir.jpg
/entertainmentpic32aq.jpg
/entertainmentpic44pk.jpg

TR0N

Just been playing my consoles on my little, Commodore 64 1708 color monitor.

I would on my tv but it's worn out.. beside i got plans to replace it.

I got plans to pickup a, XRGB2+ one of these days as well.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

akamichi

Right now I have a Sony 27" TV with my GC, PS2, DC hooked to a switch box while my retro systems share the TV's front input.  Currently my Duo-R is hooked to that.  That's about it for me.  I used to have a nice Commodore 1084S monitor, but somehow that (among a bunch of other things) got lost in the shuffle after being stored in my Aunt's house.

I want to buy a 2nd TV, but I don't really have room for it right now.  I'd like to hook up my NeoGeoCD, Fami, SFC, and Saturn up somehow.  Recently, I bought some games cheap for each system but it's just a hassle to drag everything out.  Maybe I should clean up my room so I can have more space. :)