@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

gangnam style- Is this the beginning of a Kpop invasion in. the US?

Started by PunkCryborg, 09/26/2012, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 12/07/2012, 03:25 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 12/07/2012, 02:59 PMhttp://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/07/gangnam-nationalism-why-psys-anti-american-rap-shouldnt-surprise-you/

:\
Not wanting his country occupied by armed goons = "anti-american"?
Pretty sure one of the big issues is the wording used: "Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law, and fathers
Kill them all slowly and painfully"
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

Quote from: VestCunt on 12/07/2012, 03:25 PMNot wanting his country occupied by armed goons = "anti-american"?
What else could it be when the armed goons are Americans?  I think he's just jealous that they're not as cool as the North Koreans.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PunkCryborg

Psy is performing at a local mall this saturday in Tampa

MotherGunner

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 12/07/2012, 04:08 PMPsy is performing at a local mall this saturday in Tampa
He will get fruit thrown at him.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

BigusSchmuck

Good god, is this thing still being played!? Its a spoof song, nothing special here move along.
Oh well at least its slightly better than the macarena.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guest on 12/07/2012, 03:25 PMNot wanting his country occupied by armed goons = "anti-american"?
Well when he specifically says to kill Americans and even their children "slowly and painfully" yeah, I'd say that's just a tad anti-American. Might as well pull out of South Korea and just let the North take 'em over.

NightWolve

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/03/2012, 09:23 AMhttps://youtu.be/o1AGTGLL_wg
Cruel and unusual punishment for prisoners if you ya ask me... ;) I'll admit it's a somewhat fun, catchy, silly pop song, but I couldn't stand to listen to it for too long. If it's providing some momentary, silly fun to people for a time as intended, then that's cool though.

Quote from: nectarsis on 12/07/2012, 02:59 PMhttps://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/07/gangnam-nationalism-why-psys-anti-american-rap-shouldnt-surprise-you/

:\
Quote"I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused anyone by those words," said a statement from the rapper, who shot to fame when his quirky "Gangnam Style" dance-music release recently became the most watched video on YouTube.

"I have been honored to perform in front of American soldiers in recent months — including an appearance on the Jay Leno show specifically for them — and I hope they and all Americans can accept my apology. While it's important we express our opinions, I deeply regret the inflammatory and inappropriate language I used to do so. In my music I try to give people a release, a reason to smile. I have learned that though music, our universal language we can all come together as a culture of humanity and I hope that you will accept my apology."
He's apologized for it.

Here we go! I like this one! ;)

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 12/07/2012, 06:13 PMOh well at least its slightly better than the macarena.
Thank you! I loathe the macarena. I know it will stay with me till I die, but if Gangnam Style can push the abominable macarena further towards the periphery, I'll die happy. I AM SERIOUS. I don't hate many things, no matter how annoying, but the macarena is fucking infuriating.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: esteban on 12/08/2012, 02:18 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 12/07/2012, 06:13 PMOh well at least its slightly better than the macarena.
Thank you! I loathe the macarena. I know it will stay with me till I die, but if Gangnam Style can push the abominable macarena further towards the periphery, I'll die happy. I AM SERIOUS. I don't hate many things, no matter how annoying, but the macarena is fucking infuriating.
Or even worse yet getting Rick Rolled Mario Paint style! :P In all seriousness, this fad will fade away until we see yet something just as annoying and hopefully we won't see endless remixes for gangnam (wouldn't surprise me if there is a dubstep remix down the road) just to keep it relevant.

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 12/08/2012, 02:52 PM
Or even worse yet getting Rick Rolled Mario Paint style! :P In all seriousness, this fad will fade away until we see yet something just as annoying and hopefully we won't see endless remixes for gangnam (wouldn't surprise me if there is a dubstep remix down the road) just to keep it relevant.
I want to believe you, but I said the same thing about macarena and "Cotten-eyed joe" and they live on. Furiously live on. IT PAINS MY HEART TO ACCEPT THIS TRUTH. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 12/08/2012, 03:20 PM"Cotten-eyed joe"
lol - I'm not quite sure why, but it's making me laugh. Quite a name to come up with for a song...

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: NightWolve on 12/08/2012, 03:29 PM
Quote from: esteban on 12/08/2012, 03:20 PM"Cotten-eyed joe"
lol - I'm not quite sure why, but it's making me laugh. Quite a name to come up with for a song...
It makes a better Beavis and Butthead joke than actual listening to the song.

VestCunt

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/07/2012, 06:35 PMWell when he specifically says to kill Americans and even their children "slowly and painfully" yeah, I'd say that's just a tad anti-American.
Yes, those lyrics were a terrible, terrible thing to say. I'm glad to see he's apologized since then. That said, we have to remember the context of the performance. If Psy had been burning flags and performing for a crowd of religious extremists or militant nationalists, I wouldn't be defending him. As it is, I can understand why he sang the song and I can see how I might have done something similar:
1) he was performing at a military protest. He smashed a tank.
2) He didn't write the lyrics, it was a cover song. This may sound like a trivial distinction, but covering a song can be fairly spontaneous. It's not nearly as premeditated or self-expressive as sitting down, writing the lyrics, rehearsing, recording, mixing, mastering, and publishing.
3) the catalyst for the songwriters (N.E.X.T.) and the focus of the song is U.S. torture practices, not racism, nationalism, or economic incentives (although those factors might have contributed to the lyrics).
4) this was during the BUSH ADMINISTRATION and all of that "enhanced interrogation" bullshit. Terrorism begets terrorism. Our popularity was at an all-time low. We were traipsing across the globe, starting wars over opium and WMD's we knew didn't exist so Cheney and Halliburton could rob taxpayers with no-bid contracts and cost-plus spending while we tortured untried suspects. I vacationed in Buenos Aires in 2003 and Canada in 2004 and virtually everyone I met demanded to know my stance on Bush as soon as they learned my nationality. I couldn't have a conversation without first assuring everyone of my decency as a human being. And that was in Canada. Who knows that they thought of us farther afield.
5) U.S. troops had just run over two teenage girls and been acquitted with no input from South Korea's justice system.

The whole situation is akin to a punk rocker covering "Cop Killer" at a police brutality protest after some terrible abuse of authority. It was a dumb thing for Psy to do, but an understandable reaction given the circumstance. He was in his twenties, he overreacted, and he's thought better since then.
Topic Adjourned.

PCEngineHell

One of the newer episodes of Misfits had a scene where the macarena kept trying to play because a DJ kept fucking up the stage setup, so Psycho Rudy beats the guy to death.

KnightWarrior

It's not music, it's garbage

No one will hear it again in 2013