Stuck on a deserted island!!!!

Started by HercTNT, 10/09/2012, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HercTNT

OK, i'm putting this in fighting street because its bound to get hot!!  If you were stuck on a deserted island what console would you prefer to have based on quality of games to play. Here are the rules:
You are allowed one console and one only, and you have to list atleast 5 games you would play for that console, and WHY!!
You are allowed to change your mind ONCE! Your being stranded on a deserted island for gods sake you got to get it right. If you were wrong the first time, what would be your second choice?

If I were stuck on a deserted island my pick of console would be a Pcengine GT. Why, because it would be light and play all my favorite turbo games. I would most likely spend most of my time trying to up my score in Alien crush, or trying to fight my way through legendary axe 2, or bonking the hell out of everything. My second choice would be super nes. WHY? because it as well has a great library of games that i love to play. Why is it not first? i love portables, if i'm on a deserted island i want to be able to play my games on the go while i'm looking for food and water.

What would you guys pick, and remember, your on a deserted island, think survival :)

CrackTiger

"You are allowed to pick one console and one only.... I pick these two consoles."

"You have to list at least 5 games... I pick these 2'ish games." :P

If it's sunny during the day and dark at night, portables will be hard to see half the time. If you're stuck and have time to kill, I don't see any real benefit to using a portable. If you love portables more than the games though, then its a good choice. I'd rather see and hear the games I love, and play them with my favorite pad.

I guess I'd have to pick the PC Engine since I already play it more than any other console. Genesis and Saturn Shining Force games would be worth playing forever, but I can't pick more than one console. :wink:

Games for my console that I never tire of:

Kabukiden
Ys IV
Neo Nectaris
Aeroblasters
Dracula X
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Bardoly

Now, I'm assuming that this deserted island has no other people, so no multi-player games which are just so-so as one-player games would be chosen.  Also, even though this is a deserted island, we somehow have a solar generator with a TV and the console with all of the hookups.   :-k

That said, I have to go with the Super Nintendo, because of its resilience and well-built nature.  (No Playstations here.   :roll:  )

For games, I have to go with the following:
You didn't exactly say how many to choose, but I'll only choose 5 games.  These are in order of preference.  i.e. if I can only have one game, then I'll take only my first choice, and so on and so forth.

1.  Lufia II - absolutely GREAT game with a 'side-quest' that that just about last forever with its various permutations and ways of going through it.  Highly replayable.
2.  Super Mario All-Stars / Super Mario World combo cart - 5 complete games in one cart, of which 3 are just stellar games.  Highly replayable.
3.  Tetris & Dr. Mario - 2 great puzzle games on one cartridge, and I think that trying to beat my high score could keep me well entertained for a loooooong time.  Highly replayable.
4.  Super Ghouls and Ghosts - I have never been able to even get to the end of the first level   ](*,)  , so I figure that given enough time, even I should be able to beat it.  (Although, who knows?  Maybe failing too often at this game would cause me to destroy my TV and SNES in a fit of rage!)  Highly replayable because of the difficulty.
5.  Chrono Trigger - tough call, but this game gets the nod over many, many, many other great games that I really enjoy.  Highly replayable up to a point, but if I ever get tired of this game, then at least with this game and Lufia II, I'll have some nice music to listen to from time to time.

If I open this up to 10 or more games, then I would definitely have more thoughts, but the above 5 is going to be fairly set in stone.

HercTNT

Quote from: guest on 10/09/2012, 02:57 PM"You are allowed to pick one console and one only.... I pick these two consoles."

"You have to list at least 5 games... I pick these 2'ish games." :P

If it's sunny during the day and dark at night, portables will be hard to see half the time. If you're stuck and have time to kill, I don't see any real benefit to using a portable. If you love portables more than the games though, then its a good choice. I'd rather see and hear the games I love, and play them with my favorite pad.

I guess I'd have to pick the PC Engine since I already play it more than any other console. Genesis and Saturn Shining Force games would be worth playing forever, but I can't pick more than one console. :wink:

Games for my console that I never tire of:

Kabukiden
Ys IV
Neo Nectaris
Aeroblasters
Dracula X
Overall your point on portables would be true if the system were not backlit. that i know of most of them are with the exception of nintendo machines :)

Bernie

Well, seeing as how its deserted...  I wouldnt be playing much of anything, if for very long at all.  No electricity or batteries.....

CrackTiger

Quote from: HercTNT on 10/09/2012, 03:53 PMOverall your point on portables would be true if the system were not backlit. that i know of most of them are with the exception of nintendo machines :)
Backlit are hard to see in the sunlight. Non-backlit are hard to see in the dark.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

HercTNT

Quote from: guest on 10/09/2012, 07:08 PM
Quote from: HercTNT on 10/09/2012, 03:53 PMOverall your point on portables would be true if the system were not backlit. that i know of most of them are with the exception of nintendo machines :)
Backlit are hard to see in the sunlight. Non-backlit are hard to see in the dark.
yes i get that, but 99% of them are backlit so the dark is not relevant. backlit is ok in the shade during the day.

tggodfrey

I wouldnt pick any........NO DAMN POWER.  An express eats batteries faster than Mr Belvidere eats Ding Dongs so that will be a useless projectile in 2 hours.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Bardoly

Okay.  Back on topic.

Of course there would be power issues, but I gave a plausible explanation in my post.

Quote from: Bardoly on 10/09/2012, 02:59 PMNow, I'm assuming that this deserted island has no other people, so no multi-player games which are just so-so as one-player games would be chosen.  Also, even though this is a deserted island, we somehow have a solar generator with a TV and the console with all of the hookups.   :-k
I'd like to see other lists - even though the 'Stuck on a deserted island with only 5 books is far more plausible.

Arkhan Asylum

An Xbox w/ emulators of all the old systems and the entire library of each.

I would play whatever the fuck I want.

/thread.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 10/10/2012, 12:55 PMAn Xbox w/ emulators of all the old systems and the entire library of each.

I would play whatever the fuck I want.

/thread.
flawless victory.

I would choose 'Endless supply of toothpaste and deodorant: The video game'!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DildoKKKobold

I'd rather get stuck on a dessert Island.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

csgx1

Xbox 360 and would want to give this accessory a try :lol:...

IMG

Drakon

snes:

chrono trigger
final fantasy 6
final fantasy 4
secret of mana
earthbound

why: some of the best rpgs ever made and they're all very long so I could stretch them for as much playtime as possible for each game.

Epic thread by the way!
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"
Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

HercTNT

Quote from: tggodfrey on 10/10/2012, 08:33 AMI wouldnt pick any........NO DAMN POWER.  An express eats batteries faster than Mr Belvidere eats Ding Dongs so that will be a useless projectile in 2 hours.
I love it when you create a hypothetical situation in a fictional setting and you get "NO DAMN POWER". No power on a deserted island that just happened to have the game console of your choice........NO SHIT!  But if we break it down to reality the topic would not be any fun or worth debating would it  :roll:.

soop

I'd get a 360 with shit like Skyrim and Mass Effect, and all those other games you can play for billions of hours.

Plus I love all my arcade XBLA games.  Hard to get bored of stuff like Marvel Vs Capcom and SF 3rd strike.  Or Call of Duty or Dance Central.

I really like Dance Central, I busted some of those moves out on Saturday night, and people were like "fresh moves" lol
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

NecroPhile

Ys Book I and II - it never gets old.  Never.

Soldier Blade - a fantastic shewty and I can play the timed score runs over and over and over and never tire of 'em.

Gate of Thunder (US version) - another great shewty, and I can cheat and bring an extra three games along.

Kabuki Itouryodan - one of my favorite vs. fighters and something to share if I'm stuck on the island with someone else.

Puyo Puyo - what better way to kill time than with a good puzzler?

Or fuck those picks and just give me five copies of Magical Chase (preferably sealed), and I'd be rescued by alexsduo in a matter of days!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Obfuscate

Soldier Blade - My favorite shooter and the Caravan Mode rocks
Lords of Thunder - Another one I never tire of and is always fun to play
Ys 1 & 2 - Can play this one through at least once a year
Bomberman 93 - Battle mode even against the computer is always a fun time killer
Bikini Girls - I will need something to Fap off to.

Bardoly

Any more?  I really thought that this would be a good thread, but maybe it belongs in the Chit-Chat rather than here to get more attention?

HercTNT

Possible, i was hoping for more myself. we got a few creative answers though :)

PunkCryborg

why the fuck is this in fighting street
fuck you all fuckers

oh if i was on a deserted island I'd want Blodia, Momo, Energy, VolfieV, and LOCK ON