10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Japanese auction help!!

Started by cavein2000, 02/12/2006, 01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavein2000

Hello all.  I have been trying to find some rare stuff in japanese auctions.  I found something I was interested in and tried using Otaku-Ya's deputy service.  As the auction was close to ending, He responded that based on his judgement he could not have dealings with me.  Any help here?? Also if you know of a translating/input program to help me search better that would be awesome... thanks

Jay
What a horrible night to have a curse...

CrackTiger

Quote from: "cavein2000"Hello all.  I have been trying to find some rare stuff in japanese auctions.  I found something I was interested in and tried using Otaku-Ya's deputy service.  As the auction was close to ending, He responded that based on his judgement he could not have dealings with me.  Any help here?? Also if you know of a translating/input program to help me search better that would be awesome... thanks

Jay

Who was it that said that he could not have dealings with you? Otaku-Ya or the auction seller?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

rolins

For translating japanese use Shopping Mall Japan.

Also try using Google's language tools to translate english -> japanese. Its better to search using japanese characters than english. You'll also get better results.

Dark Fact

What do you mean by "He can't have dealings with you"? Does he not want to deal with you because you're a foreigner?
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

cavein2000

Otaku-Ya said he "could not have dealings with me" after the paypal a dollar back and forth check thing.  I gave him an auction number to bid on with all of my info.  I sent another email asking what more could be required, but haven't got a response.  

I've checked out shopping mall japan, but was more looking for a way to search for things I want using the right keywords rather than using a category search.

dj898

basically you either need relative in Japan who won't get pissed off when you chase up for some of auctions and can tolerate the dealing - money transfer, shipping and etc. - or use one of those proxy companies - i.e. Celca?

I hassle my relatives for some of auctions and I can tell you it's not easy and probably it cost me more than going through the proxy companies by the amount of gift I sent to her way... :(

D-Lite

Quote from: "rolins"For translating japanese use Shopping Mall Japan.

Also try using Google's language tools to translate english -> japanese. Its better to search using japanese characters than english. You'll also get better results.
These are what I do.  I used to urse Rinkya, but SMJ is much better overall.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
IMG
IMG

akamichi

It's pretty cool that there are businesses setup just to help people outside of Japan bid on Yahoo auctions.  I wish I would have known about them back around '98-2000 because I saw a lot of cool stuff back then and no way of bidding.  Not even sure any existed then though.

No big deal, I'll just stick with the native interface. :)

cavein2000

I've been browsing using japan shopping mall.  When I type things into a search, I usually get little to no results.  It seems like there should be a lot more return but since I am typing in English I can only get limited results.  Also when I try to search using category, It takes forever and I usually can't find what I'm looking for.  Guess I will just have to keep searching.  Any tips for better searches?

akamichi

What are you searching for?  Unless the names of the items are in English, you probably will have a hard time finding specific things.  Most game titles will be written in Japanese for instance.

If you're looking for PCE games for example, you might want to look up the game on pcecp.com and copy and paste the Japanese name from there into the search engine.

cavein2000

Quote from: "akamichi"What are you searching for?  Unless the names of the items are in English, you probably will have a hard time finding specific things.  Most game titles will be written in Japanese for instance.

If you're looking for PCE games for example, you might want to look up the game on pcecp.com and copy and paste the Japanese name from there into the search engine.

Thanks for the heads up.  I think I'm going to try using http://www.okshon.com/

it seems to be a bit more English friendly for me.  Fees don't look incredibly high either!!

akamichi

Wow!  There's a lot more of those proxy auction sites than I thought.  Good luck!