RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

need some advice about the Sega GG

Started by rolins, 02/13/2006, 03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolins

I'm planning on buying a sega game gear. Is there anything important I should know before buying one?

I also plan on getting some japanese carts. Is there going to be a problem playing imports?

Ninja Spirit

Get a Game Gear AC adapter. Game Gear takes 6 batteries! Very very bad. They get zapped dry after a short while.

Game Gear is region free. As a matter of fact, years ago I saw a GG Yu Yu Hakusho being sold at a K-Mart before.

Keranu

A battery charger pack is also a nice thing to have for it if you want to go portable.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

rolins

Thanks guys. Good to know that I don't need a converter to play imports because I want to get GG Aleste and GG Aleste 2.

I've just finish beating both games using Kega Fusion. They're both just great shmups and I must have them. That and because I'm a COMPILE nut who must have every game that has the words Zanac or Aleste on the front cover.

I'll everntually get a battery pack, but that will be low priority since my spending money is limited (less than $60). College fees, books, and Apt rent has nearly drained my coffer right now.

I have one more question. How good is the display on the GameGear while playing a game?

Ninja Spirit

This is me speaking from experience, the scrolling can make things blurry most of the time.

That's why even thought the Master Gear Converter is a novelty item to have, it isn't good sometimes. For instance games such as Astro Warrior. In the Galaxy Zone where so many bright colors collide with the Game Gear's screen brightness, you can't see where you're shooting or sometimes can't see enemies coming at you!